Sign in to follow this  
BlessedSyn

This community....(kos complaint)

I always facepalm myself really bad if I read those replies saying: "Welcome to DayZ" and "That is a part of the game".......

BULLSHIT. It is NOT a part of the game, Dean did not designed it to be like this.

Instead, the PLAYERS make it like this. So, BlessedCyn is right: this community....

Nice one... well think about it this way: the people that KOS should go and play COD or BF.

That's just my opinion.

Actually Rocket did design it this way. The ability to KoS is part of the game. It is part of the human interaction. Remove the ability to KoS and you remove a level of tension and unknown when it comes to seeing another player. It would turn the game into a looting and running simulator with no unknown dangerous elements. Sure there would be zombies, but zombies are AI and as such can be handled easily with experience no matter how difficult you make them or how many you place on the map.

The human element and the danger of KoS is what makes the game interesting whether you personally KoS or not. It makes entering a town or moving through wooded areas suspenseful. You don't know if someone is watching that town or scanning the area you are in. It makes you have to be careful at all times. That at its core is DayZ. Sure there are infected. Sure you need to get supplies for various reasons. But remove the ability to KoS and there is nothing left to fear. Nothing to add suspense to the game.

DayZ is a harsh world. It is unforgiving and if you're not careful it will chew you up and spit you out in a heart beat. Even if you are careful you will die eventually cause everyone makes mistakes. Even the guy living far north, scavenging the northern towns, and living mostly in the woods has to worry about that one guy he might run across. Why is that? It is because KoS is in the game.

• Like 1

No warnings, no call outs to see if you're hostile or not

Lolled.

"hey dude I am hostile I will shoot you now" -bang bang- you're dead. Try killing instead of being killed and then coming onto the forums and whinging. It's a part of the game. Kill or be killed is how I see this game, so I do kill whoever I see unless they legitimately are no threat to anyone.

I see this game as a pure survival simulator, that's PvP included (Aswell as KoS you kids cry about). It is essential. This game would be nothing without the fact you wouldn't be able to kill players. Try, just for a minute, to imagine DayZ without being able to kill anyone. *Oh cool, just went to NWA and now have all high-end gear... Guess I might go run around the map for lols...*

Actually Rocket did design it this way. The ability to KoS is part of the game. It is part of the human interaction. Remove the ability to KoS and you remove a level of tension and unknown when it comes to seeing another player. It would turn the game into a looting and running simulator with no unknown dangerous elements. Sure there would be zombies, but zombies are AI and as such can be handled easily with experience no matter how difficult you make them or how many you place on the map.

We have a winner. Sorry for the fact I can only give you one can of beans my logical friend.

If you are looking for the player interaction, get a group going on TS and play together, I can guarantee you will turn into a bandit the second you start playing with friends.

I have an m4 with enough ammo to start world war 3.

What the f*ck do you want me to do with it? Should I eat the bullets? Nope.

People will always kos because

1) Its safest

2) Its fun. 

Yes. This one idiot made a thread about him losing a pristine hat to a KoSer then decided to make another thread with screenshots of his journey to find another one because he hates PvPing and KoSing and is trying to encourage a hive with PvE only... I don't want to get fully kitted up and look for some accessories, I'm going to go kill other players just like most of this community. Everyone acts as if guns and ammo is hard to find. Spawn in, go to balota, ???, profit. End game gear in a matter of 10 minutes.

Edited by KeyaKev

I think the KoS element is down to boredom for now. Once the main elements have been added to the game you may find communitys being built and towns being controlled...in these cases bigger groups will be needed to hold areas etc and setup supply and trade lines.

Hopefully things like fuel will be scarce enough to encourage trading in order to run vehicles.

Prisoners are a better commodity rather than kos, fresh meat tastes better than rotting flesh and those thunderdomes dont work without 2 fighters.

Well this is the vision I have in my head anyway lol

• Like 1

I hate the KoS mentality but that is what the game is at the moment, I would rather a reason not to kos but at this stage I have to agree with the people saying "What do with all this gearz" once you are all kitted up you can either stay away from people or jump into the fray.

BUT people need to stop telling people to go play another game the second they state their opinion about the game.

There is,in the current state of the game,nothing else to do once you geared up. I am sure in the future this will be different,and people will care more about finding hidden things,vehicle,hunting and mor,but right now it is the only fun thing left to do.

OP. BlessedSyn. Save yourself the time going through these kinds of threads because they basically always turn into a thread full of (semi-)witty comments, people in favor of KOS and people who are not. And some "discussion" (sometimes civil, sometimes or often not so much as possible) in between the groups. History repeats itself.

Fact is: There is no set rule on how to play the game. The main goal is "survive" and the motto or so is "It's your story".

Conclusion: That also means that "KOS" is not the main way to game is supposed to be played. Nor is "being friendly to all no matter what".

It is an option and any player decides whether to shoot, establish communications or stay in cover / hidden if the situation warrants it. Anything that works, is possible, in the game is legit, minus 'hacking' and cheating. I count "ghosting" among that.

Suggestion: OP or anyone: If you feel that servers you are on have a general KOS mentality among the players, find a group to roll with that tries to assist other players. I could even point you to a specific one if you like, as I'm part of one.

My personal experience tells me there's a vast difference between playing as loner, always on edge, perhaps paranoid and playing in a team or "army" so to speak that's kinda friendly, not a bandit group. Unless in major combat or war between groups, your life expectancy rises greatly. And you have some other people watch your back while you watch theirs.

It's logic at work: One can only do so much. Strength in quantity but also quality, if possible.

Everyone just calm down. Let everyone have their opinions about things, express yourself ALONGSIDE of them, not against them. And here are plenty of good suggestions I would take in heart. Like finding a group of friendly people you can join up with and play along with, not bothering yourself about getting shot in the head suddenly. Everyone plays the game as they do, let them play it. If someone kills you, go like "Well that is good for you, oh well better luck for me next time!" instead of hating at them, it just generates more hate.

since i have full gear and there is nothing to do i practise my aiming skills at people, srsly i get better and better with my mosin, i had such a shity aim at the begining, maybe i will be friendly in the future but now im gona practise because its early alpha, i have to mention that im mostly killing server hoopers since im camping with my sniper at barracks

You know what prevents being shot on sight? Don't be seen. Sight is a requisite component of shooting people on sight.

I love to break it to you mate, but I don't give a shit whether or not you're hostile, and I don't want to communicate with you. I have plenty of friends. I don't need more. If you want some, get your own.

So, you're a total, utter douchebag? Or, wait? What? I'm confused. You're better than them just because it took you a little longer to adopt this play strategy? Because they did it first, they're terrible and you're awesome? Is that really what you're going with?

Fucking good. Those servers shouldn't even exist. I hope they have 2x the number of people KoSing just to punish them for running bullshit servers with bullshit rules.

Sure there is. www.giantsoppywetvaginas.com.

Fill out the form there, and you will get a fresh diaper in the mail with a free powder sample within 2-3 business days.

I looked at about 2 lines of what you said, and I can already tell you're one of the issues in any game, not only in those 2 lines can I tell you're an overzealous pompous taint licker with maybe 1 friend and no real life social skills, please kill yourself. N stop trolling forums I have a girlfriend and she's annoying enough.

• Like 1

I always facepalm myself really bad if I read those replies saying: "Welcome to DayZ" and "That is a part of the game".......

BULLSHIT. It is NOT a part of the game, Dean did not designed it to be like this.

Instead, the PLAYERS make it like this. So, BlessedCyn is right: this community....

Nice one... well think about it this way: the people that KOS should go and play COD or BF.

That's just my opinion.

exactly... its sad but tbh the entire dayz community needs to be flushed and replaced with fresh blood..

its sooo sad to see how this game has fallen from a survival game into just another DM game were 95% of the devs work isnt used or thought about by the KoSers...

i cant wait for private hives to pop up so admins can start setting rules for how the game is played. that will be a glorious day..

public hive simply doesnt work for Dayz, wayyyyyy to much of the CoD mentality transfered directly over.

• Like 1

exactly... its sad but tbh the entire dayz community needs to be flushed and replaced with fresh blood..

its sooo sad to see how this game has fallen from a survival game into just another DM game were 95% of the devs work isnt used or thought about by the KoSers...

i cant wait for private hives to pop up so admins can start setting rules for how the game is played. that will be a glorious day..

public hive simply doesnt work for Dayz, wayyyyyy to much of the CoD mentality transfered directly over.

You sir, have no idea what dayz is.

1906734-1595201_oh_look_its_this_thread_

seriously, there is nothing to do in the game currently anyway after you raid 1 military camp you are geared and food etc is not hard to find, after that all there is to do for right now is go south and kill people at balota. Wait till camps etc are added.

I also laughed at the private hives fixing kos idea, those 1000 vehicle+ self healing+more weps are part of why KOS is so prevelant

Edited by Sickerthansars