Dix_Johnson

Spawning Without a Weapon: All of My Butthurt

Long time lurker/player first time poster.

Spawning without a weapon...

I LIKE THE IDEA OF IT. Theres not as much griefing right when I spawn which is nice. HOWEVER, I think this is something that should only be implemented when the player is given more options in regards to defending him/herself (other than firearms).

Yes. That's right, everyone. This is another post by a player who is getting really frustrated by not having any way of defending himself at spawn. I've been playing DayZ for a while and I'm very well versed with the ArmA series so I don't want any of you saying "HUURR DUURR LRN 2 CRAWL NOOB!!!1" or "YOU NEED TO BE MORE PATIENT LIKE ME11!!@".

I know how to press the Z key and take my time...

ANYWAYS! For now I think that the current set up at spawn is rather broken since the procurement of weapons has been made much more difficult as well as several other changes in this latest version (1.7.1.5).

After a 2 week long hiatus I decided to try the latest version of DayZ...

I just suicided/died about 8 times in a row and every single one of my runs went as follows:

-Spawn

-Don't go to Electro/Chern out of instinct

-See a barn

-Start Crawling

-Approach barn

-It's full of fucking zombies ("Well this is new!")

-Sneaking is now pointless/impossible because you're forced to move within inches of zombies in order to pick up valuble items that are essential to your survival (which is now a wonderful mix of pepsi, road flares, and tin cans)...

-Try anyways because consistant spawning of zombies RIGHT BESIDE every pile of goodies seems to be the new norm.

-Inevitably agro every zombie in the building while trying to rifle through useless objects.

-Press the sprint key ad nauseum...

-Break one of my many glass bones

-Give up/die

-Respawn

Again I LIKE the theory behind not spawning with a weapon. However, it doesn't make any sense in practice (for now).

If you're going to spawn me without a weapon I'd like to see one of the following things implemented:

- Give me more options. I can't use my own body as a means of self defense and I can't outrun the zombies so unless in future patches I'll be allowed to pick up one of the many large rocks I ran by and start caving in some zombie skulls out of desparation GIVE ME A WEAPON.

- Don't make it so weapons/other items only spawn in (very) specific locations that are now individually guarded by blood thirsty zombies that are impossible to sneak by/fight off.

- Let me run faster than a zombie. If I can't fight and I can't sneak at least let me be able to run away.

Discuss. :heart:

I think the main issue for me in this regard is the fact that zombies are so frequent in buildings recently and their sound is currently broken in such state (supposed to be fixed in the next patch). They basically instahear you before you even get to the building ,which fucks you over if you haven't found a weapon (and since most weapons are in buildings, ???). And yeah, bone breaking is kinda awful now in my opinion still.

- Find empty cans. Throw cans to lure zombies away from buildings.

- Try going into Cherno or Elektro. There are weapons there... and what do you have to lose by trying?

- You may not be faster than zombies, but you can lose them. Run around corners, through tunnels etc.

Long time lurker/player first time poster.

Spawning without a weapon...

Lots of text...

Please read this post I made yesterday and watch the accompanying videos. Survival with the latest patch is not hard. You DO run faster than Zombies. You can get rid of them. You can loot without being interupted by Zombies.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17913

Good luck!

You actually can sneak around and run from zombies. It's just takes a bit of crawling and a lot of patience.

@Battle Rocket

I totally did the same thing with a tree only to get stumbled upon by a crawler lol

@nightpaws

In an open field yes. But sneaking is made completely ineffective when you actually need to do it. Read OP again.

@Resident Emil

Problem with lots of text? I'm not in the mood for raping my bandwidth with your youtube videos either. If you read my first post you'd realize that I already know how to play the game. It's broken right now and from my own (painful) experiences there isn't anything you can tell me to convince me otherwise (unless you're rocket). Survival is only possible thanks to dumb luck with the current setup.

@MadDogX

I guess my first post wasn't clear enough in my first post...CANS AND WEAPONS ARE GUARDED BY ZOMBIES NOW. You can't pick them up because they're guarded by a zombie you can't kill (because you have no weapon) or sneak past (because they can hear you through walls).

@Flootershai

I concur. My friends and I have refrained from calling them zombies and now refer to them as vampires because of all of their super human traits lol

there isn't anything you can tell me to convince me otherwise

Cool can we get a thread lock now, becuase this isn't going anywhere.

@Resident Emil

Problem with lots of text? I'm not in the mood for raping my bandwidth with your youtube videos either. If you read my first post you'd realize that I already know how to play the game. It's broken right now and from my own (painful) experiences there isn't anything you can tell me to convince me otherwise (unless you're rocket). Survival is only possible thanks to dumb luck with the current setup.

Not sure why you are so aggressive? I removed most of your quote as it seemed unnecessary to repeat all of it in my reply. You don't need to watch any videos as reading my post would be enough to justify the point I am trying to make. Then you are of course free to watch or not. Totally up to you.

However, both my post and the (optional) videos clearly show that surviving is not hard with the latest patch. It's not easy, but claiming that the game is broken is just plain ignorant.

The videos show that your final conclusions are plain wrong:

- You can outrun Zombies (I do it in the videos)

- Not even close to all weapons are guarded by zombies. I loot at least three weapons that are not guarded by zombies.

Whether you chose to take in this information is up to you. From my perspective it seems you do not know how to play the game.

The videos show that your final conclusions are plain wrong:

- You can outrun Zombies (I do it in the videos)

- Not even close to all weapons are guarded by zombies. I loot at least three weapons that are not guarded by zombies.

I'm being "aggressive" because I'm right. Am I somehow wrong in thinking that having to even bother running away from zombies that I aggro'd through a wall while crawling is detrimental to game play? You miss the point entirely if you think that Im saying not having a weapon at spawn is a bad idea. Hoever, as long as you can get attacked through walls and aggro the zombies two doors over by stubbing your toe - It's a bad idea.

Don't collect all your weapons in order. Find them all at once if possible. If someone sees that you have a pistol, they'll automatically assume you have a better weapon. It's best if you keep all your player encounters unarmed.