Sign in to follow this  
onebadbasterd

Okay here's the problem : Gear Hoarding

Actually, better gear = better chance of survival. But since right now there isn't much you can choose from it doesn't really matter. Cause every player you kill will have the same shit you've got.

Some people play for interaction, some people play for the feeling they get when finding that rare piece of equipment. Whatever our reason, it doesn't mean we're any less human than you are, OP.

I don't agree with people raging on the forums about losing gear, but you're not going to tell someone what their motivations should be.

• Like 2

So you don't want people playing for gear, and in the same post, you tell people to play the way they want to.

Well done, lad.

ALL THERE IS IS GEAR AND PVP ATM. I understand its alpha but this is ALL there is right now. If you dont participate in any of these 2 which is about probably 80% of the game atm than it gets rather boring. I know its an alpha but really what else is there atm? lol

There's so much more to the game than just getting stuff and PVP. I'm actually impressed with the amount of content and it's only an Alpha.

Honestly right now I'm constantly looking for gear so I can try out new things. At the moment I have a couple of gas bottles, a gas stove and a gas light. I managed to get them hooked up correctly and worked out that you can place them on the floor and turn them on and off :) presumably for light in a camp at night and to cook with.

In a previous life I found cooking equipment, so right now I'm looking for that again; so I can see if I can combine a pack of rice with some water and cook it in a pot on my stove. This is pretty much what I've been doing since the game was released, (aside from getting shot by people that think it's a free for all deathmatch lol) looking for stuff, seeing how it works and if you can combine it with something else.

Another example is the bloodbags. Me and some friends used some test kits to see what our blood types were, interesting because it may affect giving people bloodbags at some point later in the game's development. You might have to test their blood type and give the appropriate bloodbag or risk harming them. We then took bloodbags from someone and found that it reduced their vision quality while giving it back improved their vision. Next we captured someone that had just spawned, cuffed them and took blood from them and let them go. Interesting mechanic, imagine if the only way to obtain fresh blood was via willing donation from a friend or by force off a captive :D . Another way to prevent the shoot on sight mentality in this game, we found you cannot draw blood from recently killed players.

So far I love this game and cannot wait too see what new stuff gets added.

• Like 1

ALL THERE IS IS GEAR AND PVP ATM. I understand its alpha but this is ALL there is right now. If you dont participate in any of these 2 which is about probably 80% of the game atm than it gets rather boring. I know its an alpha but really what else is there atm? lol

All there is ? ... Right , i suppose you never played any RPG and never explored a world to find it's secrets.

You'd be amazed at the things i found.

• Like 1

I have no problem losing my gear, i'll eventually get it back or better gear, What the OP seems to forget is even in the Mod gear was central to progression and to survive against other players so don't expect any different in the SA, As of right now we are Alphaing the bare bones central mechanics of the game and things will be added progressively. As of right now all there is to do is Explore,Gear Up,Squad Up,Help People,Kill People.

There is no way you or anyone on this forum can stop the whiners from raging about losing thier gear, they'll learn eventually or they go play CoD/BF and then the players who will stick around will help form the game into what the Mod was +more.

I had a character live for a total of 96hours when i used to be co-admin for a server , no i did not spawn anything for me and ran around just with an Axe and food.

I had alot more fun and adventures that way , since i was not perceived as a threat.

And yeah i know i cant stop them , im just pointing out the problem.

Some people play for interaction, some people play for the feeling they get when finding that rare piece of equipment. Whatever our reason, it doesn't mean we're any less human than you are, OP.

I don't agree with people raging on the forums about losing gear, but you're not going to tell someone what their motivations should be.

Nope i cannot , i agree , but i can sure as hell hate them for being shit-throwing-baboons.

Actually, better gear = better chance of survival. But since right now there isn't much you can choose from it doesn't really matter. Cause every player you kill will have the same shit you've got.

Sorry but ...

Better Tactics = better chance of survival.

Better Gear = More likely to get shot by a random guy just for your loot.

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing else to play for right now. No vehicles, no base. Lots of features missing. So seeking gear and a M4A1 is the only goal.

Does ALL of you exclude exploration from your ''To-do list''?

I'm just curious , because hell , this is alpha , damn dah gear , let's run like crazy until we find something weird or interesting.

• Like 1

honestly I like having good gear, but then I become much more cautious. Its fun and exciting, then I will go to populated areas like bolota and elektro and carefully hunt bandits and eventually get killed by a group. Once I come back with nothing, I love it! No worries I'm not scared to find another player and I run around without a care in the world...until I have a lot of good gear again and its starts all over. So really I like being gear and having nothing, they are just different.

Gear is the only thing that sets one player apart from another. 

There is no character progression in the game yet, nothing except gear at the moment. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

I have absolutely no problem with dying by the hands of a player and losing my gear, but it's absolutely crap that I lose ALL of my gear randomly when a server restarts; with no possible patches in sight for another month or so for a problem that has existed since day one.

First rule of DayZ is... Don't get attached to your gear especially this early in the piece. Secondly, did you pull this arbitrary month time frame out of your arse?

They've been pretty good with patches imo so to give a time frame such as this for a patch is slightly ignorant... Are you a DayZ Dev or just trolling to get a rise out of people?

I think the latter but hey, what do I know. 

Raging about dying and losing gear in this game is silly, especially since its alpha and you could die from something random. Besides, right now one of the most fun you can have is gear finding. Other than that there is only PvP and exploring the map.

Edited by The Mad Titan

If your looking for game about just social interaction go play friggen Habbo Hotel.

I play games that are ruthless like this because it gives you the adrenalin rush when you are in fire fights. Not because I want to sit around stroking other peoples online avatar, or sit around a camp fire singing kumbaya.

Edited by SyrupCakes

The only reason to play this game is gear. If I wanted to play a shooter there are much better games with far more polish than this game will likely ever have.

Dayz is about surviving, inbsteps you get food and water, get equipment, and once that is done you start saving those things (can't do that in sa yet since there are no tents) so when you die, or run out of them, you have somewhere to go so you don't have to start from scratch.

I don't understand why people play this to play a shooter, compared to triple A fps titles it falls so very short, the ONLY thing it has is far greater character investment and risk... And if you're terrible at shooters it also provides fresh spawn meat to make you feel like you're not bad.

P.s. I'm not saying killing is bad, the game would be nothing without it, just that I can't understand playing Dayz for that alone.

tell you what you dont need your gear i will gladly take it from you  :P  :P

its a survival game, and you need gear to survive, just exactly like you do in real life

I personally enjoy losing my gear when it really comes down to it ( when i am actually getting shot at by some random sniper in a bush somewhere i may not say the same thing ) although losing your gear and the want to get it back or book it back to your body to try to get whats left is fun.

I have held onto my gear for 3-4 day time spans and it gets extremely boring because I run out of stuff to do if I become afraid to lose my gear.