Bottlerocket

Remove broken bones and make it a death blow.

I have been championing a debuff healing timer heavily these last 4 days. 15 minutes of crawling seems like a legitimate punishment for breaking a bone. It's also as realistic as morphine shot suddenly fixing a broken bone.

At some point, the lack of morphine in most areas becomes just too ridiculous.

they should rly change the broken bone to a sprain that instead of forcing u prone forces u crouch,this would still make zombies more dangerous(im not sure if they can actualy catch up to u to and land a hit if u crouchrun)but wont make for the horrible crawls to the nearest hospital.mix the hourlong crawl with how difficult it can be entering a building while prone and a broken bone rly means game over for most solo players.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with breaking bones themselves, it's the fact that a small drop in real life will not even make you flinch, but in dayz, from the same height it'll break your leg. Or the fact that a zombie will be hitting your face, and it'll break your leg. It's completely stupid. I can imagine the crawling zombies breaking your leg, but not the ones that attack your face.

I think the distance from a fall where you get hurt needs to be increased (2.5-3+ metres), and the chances of a zombie breaking your leg only limited to the crawling ones.

I've fallen off that second level in the barns loads of times to escape zombies and always broke my leg. That's an easy jump that would NOT break your leg in real life. A sprained ankle where you hobble is even more of a better alternative. I'd even like if you fell from a certain height (I.e second floor from buildings) you'll stumble, maybe trip over, then scramble up, sometimes with a sprained ankle

I've broken more bones in this game then my whole family has, times 10

I've only broken my leg once in this game and that was because I was crouched in a perimeter tower at NW airfield then hit Z to lay down and my guy threw himself from the tower for a 20 foot drop in prone. Luckily my brother was nearby with a bloodpack because by the time i came around I had 2k blood and was still bleeding lol.

I agree with the spraining mechanic rather than broken bone mechanic for falling but that sounds like it could take a lot of coding to get working so that might be something added in a later development stage. Right now I'd rather see the bugs with the zombies and servers fixed more than "Oh no, i fell 1m and broke something". Yes, its annoying and not realistic but since its part of the original game I feel like finding the code and changing it would take more time that the 30 minutes it takes you to find some morphine.

Also, if you're carrying 60+lbs and you hop off even a small jump you can blow your knee joints out. My grandad worked with a guy who picked up 2 bags of roofing shingles (about 80lbs) and then hopped off the back of he truck and his legs blew out through his knees. Think of that when you say "I could totally make this jump" and you have a coyote mlitary pack filled with supplies and extra guns and the gun on your back, the car parts in your inventory (like you could haul an engine across country anyway :P ) before you talk about realism...

I had painkillers, flashlight and a bandage. Don't think that constitutes for 'blowing out my knee caps'. And quite frankly, I don't care for realism in that aspect. A 2 ft drop that leads to a broken leg not only looks unrealistic, it just plain looks dumb. If there was a weight system that can cause you to slow down, basically hinder your movement, then maybe your realism point might have a leg to stand on (pun intended) but until they decide to start adding in realistic features that just start ruining a good experience, this horrible flaw needs to be fixed

You can definitely get in about anything still with broken legs. You just gotta wiggle. WIGGLE LIKE YOU MEAN IT. Brown houses are pretty difficult' date=' but possible. .

[/quote']

Update - THIS WORKS. Tried it out last night. Shaking the mouse from side to side (in a controlled manner, not wildly) while prone WILL get you into most buildings. Sheds still appear to remain impossible, but as there's no morphine and little loot in them, it's not an issue.

Me and two friends went to search a town, one got his legs broken from a zombie and I went in search for morphine. The town was pretty big and had a shop, 4 large houses, one really big school-like building and a gas station. I searched it two times (on different servers) and both times, there was no morphine to be found. On the third try with the other friend, I broke my leg and now we need 2 shots of morphine.

It's just getting silly now.

adding morphine as start equiment would be a terrible idea...

dropchances outside hosptals are so small... think about it, where would u get your morphine supplies IF newly spawned players would have a morphine shot on em? ;)

so a solution would be:

a) increase the drop chance a bit

b) make the chance of gettin a fracture from zed attacks decrease alot, and add something like strains that wont allow u to run (cureable by painkillers)

or c) BEFORE u wander chernarus make sure to visit cherno and get a stockpile of morphine... :)

Given that we're seeing a lot more broken bones as starting survivors face zombies without a weapon' date=' wouldn't it make more sense to make the broken bone hit a skull-crushing instant-death blow?

I mean, a broken bone forces you to crawl, but seeing as you can't actually crawl into a building, it's kind of a death blow as it is. All that it means is you have to click 'respawn', which I heard was bad for the servers?

[/quote']

You don't have to click respawn if you broke you bone. Yesterday friend of mine broke a leg, he had no medical supplies but he has balls. He crawled from Solnichniy to Berezino hospital, avoiding zombies and bandits. He did it, fixed his leg, found food, better weapon and water. He survived = he won and he feels great about it.

Clicking respawn is lame.

So this is a Zombie-apocalypse sim.

Where you try to survive as long as possible, like you would try in RL if something like that happens. Would you be able to hit "respawn" in Rl just because you have nothing in reach to stabilize your leg? Definetly not. Would you try to find something to go on? Most people would (driven by survival instinct).

I don't mind if you hit respawn ingame if you don't want to immerse into the "only one live and you are done"-gameplay. But don't complain because to break your leg you allready did something wrong. And i also just started playing this game 2 days ago and never had any issues with broken legs (only maybe the first two lives where i was trying out how close i can get to Zeds without alarming them). And now that i have 2 morphine-injectors with me, i can safely break my leg 2 times (still didn't happen).

If you are patient while sneaking by Zeds you can save the time crawling to find a morphine injector because they broke your leg... and after the first time falling down 2m and braking your leg you should have learnt not to jump down there.

Just play like it really are you who is in a zombie-apocalypse and you will see how carefully you play, and how successfull you will be finding good stuff.

If you want to play stealthy and not have to shoot zombis every 3 minutes you have to crawl everywhere anyway.

After crawling through berenzino once you get so used to it that you barely remember to walk again afterwards.

Naw' date=' I disregarded sound and threw music on and held W, alt tabbing often to talk in skype with friends who also play. I also watched an episode or two of ponies on Netflix on my TV while crawling. It was nice. The worst part was having to axe zombies that managed to magically see a crawling guy 15 meters away.

Note: I agree legs break too often now, and/or morphine is way too scattered sorta, and spawning with it should happen. I'm just saying, making me insta-die is not ideal. If you wish to be dead after getting broken legs, just click respawn. ._.

[/quote']

That to me is not a good gaming experience. If the game is so tedious that you absolutely MUST do something else whilst playing, then it is broken.

Science Fact.

I agree though - the net result regarding sever load would be the same, whether you hit respawn because you have borked legs or whether you die by having your skull pulped by an aggroed zed - you still have to respawn.

Powermolch, no I don't. Broken bones happen more often now as the zeds attack range is increased, added to the fact that as a freshly spawned player you cannot fight back as you have no weapon. Furthermore due to the bugs inherent in the Arma engine, walking on ground that the game doesn't want you to walk on / climbing over a rock / falling > 1m results in a snapped limb. This then leads to a tedious crawl all over the place looking for morphine.

I'm sorry but do you really think everyone doesn't pay attention when they are crawling? that simply isn't true since people who crawl want to get good loot. To get good loot I have to be in towns or cities. For that I crawl scared shitless that my next mistake will get me killed. Hell I found a Alice pack, AK, M1911, blood bags, bandages, water, cooked some meat and dead a lot while crawling. If I had turned on the tv while doing that I would have been dead.

The thing is even with that you should start off with morphine or something else other than just painkillers, bandage and a flashlight. It pisses me off when you are supposed to be a survivor and you don't have any of the damn essentials for survival.

Given that we're seeing a lot more broken bones as starting survivors face zombies without a weapon' date=' wouldn't it make more sense to make the broken bone hit a skull-crushing instant-death blow?

I mean, a broken bone forces you to crawl, but seeing as you can't actually crawl into a building, it's kind of a death blow as it is. All that it means is you have to click 'respawn', which I heard was bad for the servers?

[/quote']

You don't have to click respawn if you broke you bone. Yesterday friend of mine broke a leg, he had no medical supplies but he has balls. He crawled from Solnichniy to Berezino hospital, avoiding zombies and bandits. He did it, fixed his leg, found food, better weapon and water. He survived = he won and he feels great about it.

Clicking respawn is lame.

This! Though my buddies were in Berinzino looking for morphine so I just had to wait outside of town after my crawl from near Solnichiny. Some people just have a greater will to survive. For those who don't, well that's what the respawn button is for. Yes some of us do have a lot of time on our hands and don't mind crawling for hours if needed to survive a survival game. I think it is fine as it is. For those who want to remove the broken leg or make it a death blow can just respawn ( or be more careful when using stairs and ladder or avoid the zeds better) ...those who have friends willing to help or a strong desire to save themselves can crawl onward.