donp

DayZ tricks, interesting places, etc.

Hello there!

Any information about useful supplies, weapons, and vehicles I suggest to post here.

And I'll throw first stone myself:

First of all Chernarus map

thumb.png

At northwest airport there is always spawning AKM.

Silenced MP5 do little damage to zombies.

Once found Pickup near Vybor but w/o wheels, saw some players on bike:huh:

Dunno where to find Night Vision Goggles but someone said it can be found in military bases.

Zombies spawn only near towns and only when you are close enough, if you see zombie at large distances - there is another player there.

Cow give you 8 pieces of meat - 800 blood each, and you can double it with friend and two knifes (bug)

As everyone knows, NW Airfield is the best place for good weapons.

The most loot-filled towns are Elektrozavodsk, Chernogorsk and Berezino

Vehicle parts spawn in warehouses, factory buildings and sheds

Pistols and respective ammo spawn in houses/apts, supermarkets and in other random buildings

Bolt-Action rifles (SMLE/CZ550) and the Winchester + respective ammo spawn in barns, occasionally in supermarkets and apartments

I'll add more later

Quick and easy -quicktips for you

1#

If you're being chased by a mob of zombies, try to enter a building. Zombies are forced to walk in buildings and you have enough time to take them out.

2#

The Coyote Backpack (not the default one!) is the largest backpack in the game at the moment. It holds more than 20 slots.

3#

Engine parts are quite rare and the most important part for a vehicle besides the wheels. Try to pack them in your back for later use.

4#

Castles are interesting places to visit. Maybe you find equipment other survivors left behind. Or Offroaders. Or Little Birds.

5#

You can colour your main weapon's / secondary weapon's flashlight-colour RED by first turning the military flashlight on and then switch to your first/secondary weapon that has a flashlight attached to it.

6#

Smoke grenades attract zombies

7#

If you don't see anything at night, turn your Brightness/Gamma all the way up in your video settings. Don't forget to reset the changes at daytime though

8#

- when at night looking for cities, look-up for powerlines, they'll lead you to the next major place.

- infected can swim, but they move slowly and can't attack

- you can lose gear while swimming for prolonged periods of time

- infected can't/rarely attack you while you're running full-tilt

- Before you have a map I recommend pulling up a map (either alt-tabbed or in steam overlay) and matching the Russian characters on town signs with the Russian characters on the map to determine location

Can't think of anything else that hasn't already bee said.

1# Other Players Generaly drop the best loot.

2# Shoot Them befor they shoot you.

3# Generaly the better geared players are at the NW airfield.

4# Always fire as many rounds into some one as possible.

5# 7.62 gets the job done.

Good luck and prey we never meet.

Comon guys, you're breaking the spirit of the mod! You're supposed to survive without any maps or sense of direction! :)

1# Other Players Generaly drop the best loot.

2# Shoot Them befor they shoot you.

3# Generaly the better geared players are at the NW airfield.

4# Always fire as many rounds into some one as possible.

5# 7.62 gets the job done.

Good luck and prey we never meet.

35sbad.jpg

I'm generally more trusting of other players, mainly because my experience of them has been positive and have been helped a lot by them (Saved my life on a number of occasions).

A great place for loot at the start is the southern most airfield on the coast. We found an AKM with 5 mags in there.

Airfields are generally great places to go.

firestation in electro is usually full of nice assault rifles and SMGs, shame there barely any ammo for them

if your looking for a map theres a few in the church in electro too (sometimes)

Hospital in Berezino was full of meds today, lots of blood to, to bad you need someone to use blood on ya I was running a little low....

Military equipment (NVGs for instance) can be found at the wooden hunting towers dotted about the map. They also spawn military zombies, and are not marked on the map.

Airfields are generally great places to go.

They spawn great stuff, and for this reason you are quite likely to meet hostile players there.

Make friends not enemys, there are enough supplies and zombies to go around. Shooting that new guy today may end up coming around and biting you in the butt when he gets pimped gear and runs into you another time.

Don't abuse the gamma video settings - that's the rookie method of night survival. As mentioned, you're only really ruining the atmosphere and challenge of the mod for yourself if you use maps online and do the gamma thing I just mentioned.

Anyway contribution (sorry if some has been covered):

- Try to crouch run when near towns/villages even if you can't see any walkers.

- Stay off the roads themselves and run beside them (extremely loud).

- You can generally crawl within ten metres of walkers without them noticing (not sure if flashlight/chemlight/flares affect this). Try not to get too close, but this is a great option for looting infested towns.

- When you're in a lootable building, crouch walk only. The walkers will hear you otherwise.

- Do NOT swim at any cost!! Chances are you will loose your backpack and all the items in it (there are known methods for tryign to retrieve the items, but don't risk it at all).

- I'm not 100% on this, but I think you can only create one fireplace at a time, so remove your old one before moving on.

- Reinforcing the 'run into buildings when being chased' suggestion. It does indeed slow walkers down.

- Remember, walkers can climb ladders, so you aren't safe if you're up some high tower with only a ladder.

- Don't position yourself right next to walls when walkers are alerted to you; they can attack through most of them.

-Often if you are prone and get attacked by a walker, it will knock you uncounscious. Try to be standing if you have to face them and may take damage in the process.

-When obtaining a new backpack, drop your old one first, pick up the new one, then take all the items out of your old one on the ground. This is the easiest and safest way of transferring your inventory.

-Pay attention to the calibre of your weapon. The larger the rounds, generally the louder it is, thus alerting more walkers.

-Tents can often be lost upon server restart (as we unfortunately found last night). Try to avoid stashing too much good gear in one for the time being until they are bug-free.

There's plenty more but I hope these help some people.

Abusing video settings is a poor tactic tbh and takes away from the mod itself.

Sorry if posted already, when being chased by our lovely zombies the use of move around buildings or objects gives you some breathing space (a few seconds) enough time to line up a shot or two.

Also the use of enter-able buildings helps as well as the zombies move to a walk, I wish they didn't though as this is a rather easy tactic to use to survive a zombie hoard attack.