Wiick

Flashlights

Ok, so the flashlight/torch whatever you want to call it being moved to the tool belt was awesome. However, when I find myself needing/wanting to use a flashlight yet I have a gun in that slot... and a full pack. It almost renders the flashlight obsolete unless you're ok with dropping 5 things. Of course all of this is assuming you don't have a gun with a flashlight which most weapons do not.

My solution, being able to equip the flashlight and pistol at the same time. You know, pistol in the right hand, flashlight in the left like right under the right hand. Something like that. How it could work is right clicking on the flashlight and have an option~ "Use with Secondary" or something. However if you wanted so people would run around with a flashlight in their hand all the time, make it increase recoil since you don't have both hands on the pistol. You could make it so your pistols sways more/inaccurate?

Also another solution would, not sure if I'm the only one experiencing it but work on making the flashlights shine? I have to tap the L button so many times until it turns on and I even have the same problem turning it off.

Yes, please apply this to the game. So silly that I have to hold a flashlight like a gun, when I should be able to hold it in one hand and the gun in another...

A suggestion with the sole intent of making the game easier for the player?

-1 from me by principal alone.

People are actually trained to use flashlights WITH pistols in most law enforcement fields (which includes Corrections in some states).

So unless the game's engine prevents this, I would like to see it ingame.

Infact, holding a flashlight and pistol doesn't really mess with your initial accuracy all that much, but the recoil and inability to fire larger caliber handguns comes into play. Could be a give and take. Use a flashlight with pistol, increased recoil and you can't use certain sidearms with it (PDW, maybe revolver and M1911, although I think it isn't outside reality to allow the latter two to still function with a flashlight).

For the OP, I heard the G17 handgun has a working flashlight equipped, incase your suggestion is past over.

Obvious fan boy with low IQ is obvious.

You like the fact that DayZ is a hardcore simulation right?

Simulations are meant to SIMULATE (see the similarity??) real life and capabilities. This option does that.

Quit dick riding DayZ and go fuck yourself. :) <3

This is why assuming things are bad, you're ignorant. You claim the sole intent is to make the game easier. Incorrect. It's so we can actually use what we have in our tool belt. You can go up to the tree's and use your hatchet without equipping it to your primary. You can use the toolbox without equipping it. The flashlight is the only thing you cannot use by clicking on your tool belt only. If it has a second function like the hatchet I can understand that but it does not and it's in the tool belt. I would like to use what I have.

Also bud, look at what I said to make it more balanced, make the gun a bit more inaccurate and/or make it so your gun sways which can be two different things.

BAM PLUS +1 maybe they could get a pocket flashlight. idk the technical term

Obvious fan boy with low IQ is obvious.

You like the fact that DayZ is a hardcore simulation right?

Simulations are meant to SIMULATE (see the similarity??) real life and capabilities. This option does that.

Quit dick riding DayZ and go fuck yourself. :) <3

lewl

I am all for making this mod as hard as possible, but OP has a point.

Or at least make it so you can switch between the two.

I am all for making this mod as hard as possible' date=' but OP has a point.

Or at least make it so you can switch between the two.

[/quote']

I concur, the simulation/realistic/hardcore aspect of this game is one of the biggest reasons that appeals to all of us who play this mod. However, the completely overly complicated, and convoluted way that the flashlight is implemented is unreal, unreasonable and just not cool! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the developers fault, its just the way the whole system in Arma 2 works.

Back on topic, yes i would like to see the use of the flashlight made a LOT easier. It in no way makes the game easier to attract every ZED in town with your glowing beacon that says "free brainz"!

The glock shows us that it IS possible to link the processes of sidearm usage with a utility flashlight, so I wonder how difficult it would be to transfer the coding> (Bearing in mind, coding is a real b*tch, did it myself at uni, hated it, never want to touch it again!). One question this does raise though... If i can use the flashlight in one hand, and any gun in the other.. why would i want something like the glock??.....

Realism =/= Harder and Obnoxious

+1 Please, add flashlights and side arm.

If i can use the flashlight in one hand' date=' and any gun in the other.. why would i want something like the glock??.....

[/quote']

Because the glock is still awesome. 17 round mag, nice iron sights, plus if this feature was implemented and they made some counter balances like the ones I mentioned, you shouldn't get penalized for those. Double flashlight? :P Plus the glock is hard(er) to find (which makes owning one feel special) and it is quieter than most sidearms.

I agree, I was also going to suggest at night when I turn my head to look around me, would be nice if the beam of the torch followed my head movements so I could actually see! it's a bit silly the way it stays static pointing to the front.

Flashlight is "useless" :/ I mean if you pick up that flashlight during night and lulz around u can't kill zombie nor other players O_o You haz to be able to use pistol and flashlight at the same time ._.

SMILES :angel::@:blush::s:huh::heart:

- 1 (Waiting for the flames) On the idea of Pistol AND weapon.

I'm all for making it easier to switch flashlight to pistol slot with out loseing items etc.

But there is no point adding Flash and a Pistol at the same time, Makes finding guns with flashlights pointless. As M19 and Revolver are one hit kills so they would be the only pistols used.

As much as this is a simulation, this game is also intedend on atmosphere...Having the choice of sight or protecion adds this effect.

Keep it as it is, just fix the bag issue.

+1 totally agree

Or at least be able to bash then with your flashlight :P

Yeah there needs to be someway to use the flashlight and a weapon at the same time, even if it is just your sidearm in one hand and flashlight in the other, it would still be better than nothing. +1

I'm all for making it easier to switch flashlight to pistol slot with out loseing items etc.

But there is no point adding Flash and a Pistol at the same time' date=' Makes finding guns with flashlights pointless. As M19 and Revolver are one hit kills so they would be the only pistols used.

As much as this is a simulation, this game is also intedend on atmosphere...Having the choice of sight or protecion adds this effect.

[/quote']

I like his idea!

But maybe holding a pistol and flashlight at the same time, the pistol should be harder to aim with, like more wobeling...

But there is no point adding Flash and a Pistol at the same time' date=' Makes finding guns with flashlights pointless. As M19 and Revolver are one hit kills so they would be the only pistols used.

[/quote']

I like his idea!

But maybe holding a pistol and flashlight at the same time, the pistol should be harder to aim with, like more wobeling...

With a Plus needs to come a Negative

Plus = Flash Light and Side Arm

Negative = No iron sight or shakey arm...

But I'm still against this idea...For one how do you plan on reloading with both hands full? Place you flash on the floor?