Wiick

Flashlights

With sume traning u can easily reload ur pistol while holding a flashlight pff

- 1 (Waiting for the flames) On the idea of Pistol AND weapon.

I'm all for making it easier to switch flashlight to pistol slot with out loseing items etc.

But there is no point adding Flash and a Pistol at the same time' date=' Makes finding guns with flashlights pointless. As M19 and Revolver are one hit kills so they would be the only pistols used.

As much as this is a simulation, this game is also intedend on atmosphere...Having the choice of sight or protecion adds this effect.

Keep it as it is, just fix the bag issue.

[/quote']

I like his idea!

But maybe holding a pistol and flashlight at the same time, the pistol should be harder to aim with, like more wobeling...

With a Plus needs to come a Negative

Plus = Flash Light and Side Arm

Negative = No iron sight or shakey arm...

But I'm still against this idea...For one how do you plan on reloading with both hands full? Place you flash on the floor?

Well that's another negative to add to your list then

negative = unable to reload or reload takes 1.5x longer

With sume traning u can easily reload ur pistol while holding a flashlight pff

And going to school, you will learn how to use grammar and punctuation.

My point being a game can only do so much...Your asking for a realistic game but your asking for too much. They've already given a fix for this...guns with flashlights ATTACHED to them, use them, and let them come up with a bag fix rather than using both hands.

How would I hold my gun with two hand and a flashlight in the other? Give players three hands? This whole idea doesn't make sense for ARMA II where you always hold side arms with two hands (except when you are running).

the simple answer is just to be able to holster your sidearm, and do away with this nonsense of having to store your pistol in your backback so you can use a torch / flashlight. You should be able to run around with nothing in your hands at all. an added asides to this is, it might ease the tension in PvP encounters. & also gives the player the ability to raise their arms above their head and keep them there, unlike when you try to do it with a pistol in your hand.

The pistol / flashlight dynamic is borked imo, hideous tbh.. I suggest that a "holster" is added to loot for the tool belt that the pistol can be placed in, jobs a good 'un..

The game simply wouldn't allow this change. In theory, i like the idea.

The people saying "with training you can!" - just assume, you haven't had training. It's an Arma2 mechanic issue, as far as I can see, and there are weapons in there to counter this. All be it not very common.

It's already been suggested, but i think it's the easier fix and the middle ground between doable, and realistic. Some way to switch the gun/flashlight without taking up bag space.

Perhaps something as simple as when the torch is removed from tool belt, the secondary is moved there.

Or more complex would be a new item. Head torch. Plenty of these for hiking, could be a rare spawn than the flash light but it frees up the hands completely. Sits on the tool belt. This would also emit light from the direction you're looking, rather than the angle of your stance.

I was thinking more along the lines of press f till you get torch and again to select pistol might be doable that IDK

When you have a hatchet and a pistol armed, if you equip the pistol and remove flashlight from tool belt (its kind of weird to do/ get to work) you can use any pistol with a flash light, but this doesn't work with a rifle equipped.

it was one of the reasons i was so reluctant to stop using the hatchet.

+1 for what your idea would accomplish but I also believe this is impossible with game mechanics/mod state. This would require way to many skins/animations let alone if it is possible with the code.

The headlamp is a great work around to allow players a light source while keeping a weapon equiped. Great version of poor mans NVG's.

I would like it if they just increase the size of the circle of light, since it's so small it hurts the hell out of my eyes. Similar problem in STALKER, but on that I could modify the game files. :P

+1.

yeah, plus one'd on the head torch, would solve the problem of seeing in the dark when you turn your head & means you could also equip a pistol... simples... as obvious as the nose on your face.

I support this idea. Being able to use a torch and a pistol at the same time is a reasonable expectation. It is balanced by being coupled with reduced aim and reload time, which thus provides a benefit to weapons with built-in torches that do not suffer from this defect.

If you want to reload while holding a torch, put it under your arm, or put the torch back on your belt for the duration of the animation. If torches can be attached to other weapons, or if such thing as a headlamp is possible, then this should be equally possible.

Have the torch activated by L at all times. If you are holding a primary weapon, you put it away and take out your secondary instead (if you have one). This would require some animation, but the developer is not shy about doing his own animation.