dispx

What do YOU do when you are geared?

I've not got the PC requirements to play the game.  But if i did, and i was geared.  I'd probably just get shot and have my body looted whilst i find out how to access my backpack for a gun/chib.

Newb problems

I circle Chernarus round and round and... I didn't know that you can actually read those books. I guess I will become the mythical book hermit living in the woods. They say that if you leave a book near Devil's Castle well during a full moon, it will vanish and there will be 5.56 rounds in it's place....

Me and a few friends will hunt for bandits and griefers when we aren't looking for saline. Always nice coming across a morphine injector or epi-pen too. Only found a handful of those lol. Been looking for a blood test kit for ages now to test a buddies blood as well. 

One, slightly offtopic question I do have is.

People that claim to hunt bandits, how exactly do you tell? There are no bandit masks in SA, and unless you run across a bandit in action (which must be pretty rare), you might as well be shooting at anyone with good gear.

People that claim to hunt bandits, how exactly do you tell? There are no bandit masks in SA, and unless you run across a bandit in action (which must be pretty rare), you might as well be shooting at anyone with good gear.

I just assume everyone with a backpack and a gun is a bandit and KoS them.   I dont KoS guys without guns.... with them I handcuff them and feed them rotten fruit and disinfectant. 

• Like 1

I just assume everyone with a backpack and a gun is a bandit and KoS them.   I dont KoS guys without guns.... with them I handcuff them and feed them rotten fruit and disinfectant. 

Nice to see there are still some good ol' fashioned humanists around. I assume you have ' Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!' embroidered onto your jacket?

• Like 1

Depends on the location. But Balota for instance, since it's the hottest zone right now, one of us stays up in the woods with a long range mosin while the other two advance forward. We all pretty much just take up a concealed position and camp out at that point and watch player activity. If we see some guy light up another player we usually take them down. Sometimes we let the firefights ensue and see if their victim can out-do them, but it doesn't always end that way. Then like I said, we run up with our overstocked medical gear, revive and replenish, then disappear back into the shadows. Once we are low on supplies we head back north into the country, or to some hospitals to get more meds. Theoretically there is no way to tell if someone is a bandit, but if you watch a hot zone your sure to come across more aggressive players, these are usually the guys we target.

i do what we are here to do....I BUG TEST

and a lot of the bugs to test for are around gear and ways gear is supposed to work and how it currently does not work on some things...

also weapon bugs zombie bugs door bugs town bugs....wow iv been to so many towns where i can just walk through certain sections of the fence over and over....these towns are far out and i bet im one of a very very few people who travel that far to bug test...

btw kos is making it hard to test these bugs when im sittin there testing something and some jackass just shoots me...expect a broken bug riddled game if you morons keep doing that to people.

if i say dont shoot im bug testing not pvping THEN DONT FUCKING SHOOT..

First off, I like your Phil Collins avatar. Sweet.

But if you want to test bugs bro, go north and don't do it by the coast. In the meantime check out our server, we have a pretty good bunch of friendly players on there. Sure there is some KOSing going on by Balota and the coast, but don't stick around there. thenightwatchmen.clanservers.com

Edited by Vitalsine

Nice to see there are still some good ol' fashioned humanists around. I assume you have ' Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!' embroidered onto your jacket?

Nope... I have.. " I gotz mine, now Im coming for yours" embroidered on my jacket.

That being said I would still love to handcuff and force feed rotten fruit and disinfectant to the guys with guns its just that they don't usually surrender.

Actually what would really be cool is if you could use the syringe to take a sample from a dead zombie and inject it into a person you have handcuffed.  That would be better than the rotten fruit and disinfectant.  

Establish an OP/VP, observe pattern of life, watch player interaction. If someone attacks without provocation, eliminate the aggressor. Collapse OP, relocate, repeat.

Murder all the noob coastal bandits. Its pretty bloody easy to tell who's a coastal bandit.

And there are so many people on the coast you just ask if they have seen any bandits or got killed by a bandit on the server. Some fresh spawns had got spawn killed previously. They know exactly where the bandits are.

Kill people to get better gear, or handcuff people to steal their blood and shit. No real higher goal atm, really looking forward to base building and cars ^^

Its funny to hear so many people talk about killing evil bandits and helping people.

Most of the time the only reason you know someone is near you is because they start shooting at you.  

Seems to me there are a lot of people using bandit as the justification for killing someone after the fact.  They dont want to admit that they KoS just like everyone else.... they only kill bandits LOL . 

• Like 1

Gear up in "Hero" gear, comprised of black tactical shirt, black cargo pants, tactical vest, blue mountain backpack, black gloves, aviators, no hat, and then I loot around looking for basic gear to give to the fresh spawn civilians we come across. Playing Cherno police smart can prevent getting shot in the face.

P.S. If the player is wearing a gas mask and ballistic helmet, THEY ARE NOT FRIENDLY, our rule of thumb

Its funny to hear so many people talk about killing evil bandits and helping people.

Most of the time the only reason you know someone is near you is because they start shooting at you.  

Seems to me there are a lot of people using bandit as the justification for killing someone after the fact.  They dont want to admit that they KoS just like everyone else.... they only kill bandits LOL . 

No sir ! I don't kill bandits as how the f would I know if they are bandits unless there was a shoot out ! But what I do is, I do help people who are friendly and not geared ( The ones with guns usually know their way around ) 

As I said in my post, TTsKO  top and bottom, ballistic helmet, gas mask, green mountain backpack, you have yourself the sterotypical "geared" bandit

As I said in my post, TTsKO  top and bottom, ballistic helmet, gas mask, green mountain backpack, you have yourself the sterotypical "geared" bandit

but .. but I like my gas mask ! 

• Like 1

As I said in my post, TTsKO top and bottom, ballistic helmet, gas mask, green mountain backpack, you have yourself the sterotypical "geared" bandit

That's what I wear and I'm no bandit. Though I usually go for a hunter backpack. Harder to see that way.

Stalk them first and see what they do it you are a bandit hunter. Bandit hunters don't KoS. Only engage if they engage you first. Then you know they are a bandit.

Gear up in "Hero" gear, comprised of black tactical shirt, black cargo pants, tactical vest, blue mountain backpack, black gloves, aviators, no hat, and then I loot around looking for basic gear to give to the fresh spawn civilians we come across. Playing Cherno police smart can prevent getting shot in the face.

P.S. If the player is wearing a gas mask and ballistic helmet, THEY ARE NOT FRIENDLY, our rule of thumb

I guess I should take my gas mask off, but keeping the helmet.  Got to protect the skull.

"Being geared" to me means being properly stocked on medical supplies, food and tools. I build what I consider 'rookie kits', plus being prepared for any injured person that I might meet. Then I travel to the coast and look for newspawns, preferably at night to be somewhat safe from bandits. I try to contact them while wearing only civilian clothes and no weaponn, and if they don't want to punch or shoot me, I'll offer them a rookie kit consisting of a can opener, a compass, a full canteen and a pack of rice and chat for a bit. Rinse and repeat until out of supplies or killed (or random char reset, like right now :(). Then respawn and start over.

I don't know what it is, but I find the scavenging part of the game extremely satisfying and enjoyable. Every can opener I find makes me smile and the sheer surprise of the people that I meet is often priceless. A barely intelligible "thank you" in broken, stuttering russian-english is.. heart-warming :)

lol This is exactly what all three of us are wearing. None of us are bandits. I look for the clown masks. I never wore one because I thought right away it appeared as a stickup mask. Guess I should change my attire? lol. I think I love my 6 slot clothes too much.