floj

Silly KOSer (just one, not all of you)

So as a fresh spawn in I hear a ton of commotion as the picture appears. Multiple zombies and a survivor somewhere, somewhere close. I run into the nearest barn looking for something, anything to fight with in case one or the other find me.

Cargo pants, nope.

Hoody, nope.

A ruined t-shirt, ripped into some rags and stowed away.

Hat, nope.

The survivor runs past me in a Hoxton mask, unarmed. Why would you waste the time to pick that up a mask whilst chased by zombies I ponder.

He runs past me and disappears back out the exit as I rush past his pursuing zombies into another barn.

Wood axe, score.

The survivor comes in and sees me picking up my new weapon. We look at each other and pause.

The pursuers arrive. Without hesitation I run past him and take on the two zombies within the narrow confines of the barn. Both Zombies down but I took a hit so I stop to bandage.

As I finish my bandage animation I hear the survivor approach and hit me once with his fists. What a douche. I'm safely wrapped up with barely any bloodloss and ready to teach him a lesson with a quick chop to the torso, he runs around and I casually follow the human blood-geyser. No need to rush as he'll have to bandage soon. Finally he stops and starts bandaging, I swing my axe for the deathblow.

Ch-

He disconnects.

I enter the farm house, yay a fireaxe to replace this wood chipper... we coulda had an axe each Mr Hoxton if you hadn't tried to kill your armed saviour with your bare fists.

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 2

You know those green text posts on 4chan? This is one of them. DAMN COMBAT LOGGERS ARE WORSE THEN CHEATERS BECAUSE EVERYONE COMBAT LOGS. Rant over.

Can't wait until they implement anti-combat logging.

Maybe he did it accidentally? I mean, why on earth would you attack an ax guy with your fists? Are the fists deadly?
One time I punched a stuck zombie ~30 times, took all my hits like a champ.

Maybe he did it accidentally? I mean, why on earth would you attack an ax guy with your fists? Are the fists deadly?

One time I punched a stuck zombie ~30 times, took all my hits like a champ.

Combat logger is combat logger, you can't assume anything. Just have to look at the facts, he was in combat and logged out to avoid death. No excuse. 

Now he may have his reasons for doing it, but that doesn't make him any less of a combat logger. I don't care if you have just been stabbed irl, if you combat log to go to the hospital, you still combat logged. And to the other player that is just fucking douchey. There is no way for the other player to know your reasoning, you are a combat logger and deserve to be punished accordingly so, such as being respawned fresh and your gear dropped where you logged out at.

Well i punched my mate just for fun but he passed out and got eaten alive, So fists are kinda dangerous

• Like 1

I had a guy TRY to KoS me, then combat logged today.  I was coming down the steps of the tech building / jail in the NE airfield and he was walking in the front door.  He started hosing the building down with bullets while I aimed and put at least two in his chest.  He quickly ducked back outside and combat logged.  I couldn't care less about KoS'ers, I found the loot I have once, I'll certainly find it again.  But combat loggers, they annoy me.  Not because I can't loot ther dead body, I don't feel a sense of entitlement to their stuff, but because some times you don't actually know if they combat logged or not and you spend the next 15 minutes in tactical search & destroy mode, just to find out you've been wasting your time.  I hate that, that's 15 minutes I could have used jogging to the next town.

And now that all the n00bs have figured out ghosting, I move as soon as possible after each engagement.

Nice story OP.

Combat loggers are almost the worst type of person playing this game currently. They rank just below hackers/script kiddies. Why the hell would you play Dayz, a game that prides itself on not getting attached to gear and knowing you will die eventually, if all you're going to do is take away the point of the game.

Was at NWAF yesterday. I had just logged into the treeline by the industrials overlooking the tents and immediatly heard shots from a M4 and a Mosin about 75m away towards the strip. I slowly make my way there with my trusty *cough* bullshit *cough* M4 and see two guys in the trees facing away from me. scanning the tents and prison. I get about 15m away from them and as I'm starting to raise my rifle to take them out, one of them turns his head, sees me, and poof. Both of them are gone. Five minutes of hard sneaking and tense nerves gone to waste without the adrenaline rush of a firefight.

I quickly moved outside the fence line incase they were going to ghost me and waited to see if they would reappear. Nothing.

I just don't understand this mentality of logging off when things aren't going your way. Stay and take your beating like a man dammit.

Edited by Zogvarn

Well i punched my mate just for fun but he passed out and got eaten alive, So fists are kinda dangerous

And with the lag that can randomly sneak up on you, it's possible they get in a few blows before the network catches up.  And when it does, you're toast.

The very first guy I killed, was trying to knock me out with his fists.  I was what you'd consider "endgame" equipped.  So I lit him up.  He actually got mad at me...saying he had no weapon.....I said "seriously?"  *gat*

I was in a group of 9 while ago at the airfield, we heard shots snap by so we thought we had encountered another group that were shooting at us..

One f***ing guy on his own with an M4 and large backpack, trying to take on a group of 9 that were in formation and spread out.

Back to call of duty for that idiotic little KoS kiddy.

• Like 1

To be honest, I really wasn't too bothered about the combat logging. Wherever he logs in he'll be down a load of blood (it was a gusher and he ran for a minute or two before healing), which for a fresh spawn is a pain in the arse especially since you've apparently just completed a desert trek before you spawn. Basically he's a dead man walking unless he gets a ton of luck, personally I'd have taken the second hit and respawned relatively fresh.

What made me lol was the fact I helped him out firstly by not directly killing him as soon as I had the axe in my hands (maybe the story doesn't show this too clearly but it was a clear 10s or so that I deliberately didn't advance and threaten the guy before the zeds arrived) and secondly by clearing the area of zeds so that we could scavenge more leisurely...and he pays me back with a fist in the head xD