Sign in to follow this  
Suhr

Are many people still playing the Dayz Mod?

Just curious if people are still playing the mod with Arma 2

just check the servers and see for yourself.... ;)

Don't have anything installed yet, that's why Im asking. Is there somewhere I can check online?

Don't have anything installed yet, that's why Im asking. Is there somewhere I can check online?

oh, well then it's different I suppose....

I checked right now, looks rather empty, then again, it's 3:40 in the afternoon. One should check back in the evening.

I inted to check back in a few months, out of nostalgia...

I've been watchig the server list on dayz commander for the past week. It seems the vanilla hive servers have dropped about 50% of players on average. The constant 30-40 player servers usually have 15 or so.

Epoch is still doing pretty damn good but thats to be expected for a while yet. 

I'm pretty sure you can run dayz commander without having combined ops or the mod installed. You'll be able to see how many servers for each version of the mod are online, player counts, etc.

I've been watchig the server list on dayz commander for the past week. It seems the vanilla hive servers have dropped about 50% of players on average. The constant 30-40 player servers usually have 15 or so.

Epoch is still doing pretty damn good but thats to be expected for a while yet. 

I'm pretty sure you can run dayz commander without having combined ops or the mod installed. You'll be able to see how many servers for each version of the mod are online, player counts, etc.

Oh great, thanks!

I still play the mod...

mod has more guns, global chat, helis, cars, and an updated anti hack.....

The friends i have who play have quit the SA and gone back to the mod because it just has more.

considering even rocket said dont buy the game, dont know why people left the mod

The mod will die from here on out.  With all the updates coming in the future for the SA, the mod is kinda irrelevant now.  They have there own dev team so the game will live on for the few loyal fanbase to the mod.  But finding full servers will become harder and harder as time goes on as expected.  Unless the SA just becomes completely shitt.  But from what ive played, and all my mates, various f=different forumns ive visited.  The SA will be beyond epic.    

Vanilla server UK410 still gets around 25 people at its peak.

Me and my group have gone back to the mod from the standalone.

Mod is far better than the SA right now. As the SA gets better, more people will filter over.

Yup, I'm one of those 5k and have no plans to abandon it any time soon.

Not only is the mod still a great game in itself, I often compare it against the SA when play testing ... that strange activity the buyers of the Alpha were actually invited in for.

Given all the work that has gone into the monster feature set planned for 1.8.1, it would be a crime for it not to see the light of day ... leading to ... any hints when R4Z0R?

I really don't know we asked before xmas but was told no. With the release of SA we understand why. While we are waiting we are going to try and get the back pack fix so players can no longer logoff and refill mags in there backpack.

• Like 3

I hopped on for the first time in quite awhile last night.  Had some fun for an hour and a half or so.  Killed a couple bandits as I decided that I'd become a bandit hunter now since rat holed in the wilderness is only so entertaining.

Anyway, the server I was on had about 40 people.  This is vanilla I'm talking.

I've quit playing Dayz Mod - it's SA all the way for me now though I might play some every now and then.

UK410 we have average of 15-20 players per day with some nights hitting 30-40. Still great fun!

If you fancy finding somewhere to play check it out, also we have a community/forum page, and some new Epoch servers in the works. 

www.gamingrepublic.co.uk

Cheers!

considering even rocket said dont buy the game, dont know why people left the mod

We didn't expect the SA to be worse than the mod, don't get why they took so much out tbh.