acekaze

What stops you from logging out if you are being robbed?

Why not also log out as soon as you see or hear a zombie? I mean, there's no system that prevents it, so why not?

Oh also, relog everytime you get a loot. Nothing stops you from it, so why bother looting the whole building?

I don't log because it is a game in alpha and meant to be played. People that log and/or hack are insecure trash, don't get down on their level. Stay up survivors!

Didn't the other two hack somehow? In that case I don't see why log out should be immoral.
By the way sometimes I log out on zombies, simply because they are broken as hell, seeing/hearing you from one km and passing through doors and walls, and disappearing when killed. So why should I care.

Edited by Noisex

Pride?

I mean, what the point of playing a survival game, if you have to disconnect from the game and hide in the lobby to survive?

That's like losing the game.

• Like 2

Why not also log out as soon as you see or hear a zombie? I mean, there's no system that prevents it, so why not?

Oh also, relog everytime you get a loot. Nothing stops you from it, so why bother looting the whole building?

Jesus i never thought of that before. I am going to do that right now, thanks m8

What stops you from logging out if you are being robbed?

My dignity

• Like 2

My dignity

Honour? I never logged out if I had any player interaction, it ruins the game.

Pride?

I mean, what the point of playing a survival game, if you have to disconnect from the game and hide in the lobby to survive?

That's like losing the game.

This sums it up
Edited by Chauz

I haven't had the problem (yet)  but it takes away from the fun and sprit of the game soo much.  It's easy to get a gun again if you cheese it, just man up.  Rather people cheese to get a gun the dissconnect when interacting.

Jesus i never thought of that before. I am going to do that right now, thanks m8

I hope that was sarcasm. 

That man distracted you with his cat-sounds fair and square, accept your punishment for not seeing the trap coming.

Plus how would you feel in that situation? Ya, didnt think very good sir.

End note:Log timers are coming, have fun while you can.

I think its hilarious how people can try and take the moral high ground on this over the forum yet when i am in game and i shoot a group of people literally everyone i have fought with since getting the game has logged out, i dont see how with all these people claiming they do not log out i have never encountered one of them.

If you're shooting at the coast you should expect people to log but the more hardcore players that know how to play up north don't do that, from first hand experience

I believe it all boils down to gaming ethics, A personal choice for the individual..

Yep, I agree. If a player outwits me and holds me up and robs me then fair play to them, they got the drop on me and I deserved to be robbed. I won't log out, that's just un-sportsman like.

• Like 1

what stopps me from logging out?

my gamer honor?

Pretty much your honestly and good sportsmanship. Friends are more valuble than loot.

Shooting someone from far apart if you dont kill him right away, nothing stops the person from leaving the server and going to another one, also, this just hapened to me, i bumped into a guy in a town, tryed to make contact without sucess he dropped on the floor and starts imitating a cat over the microphone, i keep trying to make contact with him, then 2m after his friend pops up with a gun poited at my head trying to steal me, so i just logged out before they could cuff me or kill me, now, i dont think what i did its fair, but if i can, why wont i? Did they already announce what they gona make to prevent this? I know the a cuffed char will die if logs out, but what in these situations?

Self respect?

Also, since when someone doing something shitty justifies doing the same shitty thing? If you do it, it's not because the others did, it's because YOU choose to....

Edited by Mutonizer
  • Like 1

that's just un-sportsman like.

That's how the majority would see combat logging unfortunately for others it's not the same mentality.

I log out as long as i can.

This Hall is so slow.... Let's wait 2 years.

I had someone log out on me for just trying to say hi, and it got me thinking about why people do that.

And im guessing its probably because people shoot eachother without reason/warning way too often.

Still no excuse I guess, but I can understand why people might get sick of confrontation.

I saw some people pitching the "cant log out with someone within 500m" function, and I'd have to disagree.

Because that would mean my group would have to spread out across a couple of miles just to log off.

As an alternative, you could block logging off if there is someone within 500m of you for less than say 15 minutes.

That means you can have plenty of fun with a captive before he may or may not log out.

Basically you have either a forced interaction for 15 minutes, or you can try and escape.

Edited by Sokonomi