Sign in to follow this  
SploogeMcDuck

How do you deal with other players?

I've probably had ten encounters with players in the standalone in one hour of gameplay. Each one was the same, I hide behind a wall in 3rd person and tell them I'm there and that I won't attack unless they do first. Haven't been killed by a player yet.

Generally i am friendly..but it depends..

If i am geard very well and the person i meet is too, than i either avoid contact.. or talk while hidding somewhere, but if i just meet a person which is as poorly equiped as i am than i will give beans and go my way.

I mostly never kill on sight..but it happend though.. mostly if i am with my friends or just because of high bloodpressure ^^

But generally i would call myself.. helpfull.. sometimes you get killed for it ..thats why my playstyle is stealthy, sometimes paranoid.. but hey .. it's just a game..

Edited by dawud

I don't. I always travel from cover to cover, nobody has yet caught me with my pants down.  Can't be too paranoid.

Now, if I find someone who is unaware of me: If he's armed, I stay hidden and wait until he leaves. If he's unarmed, I stay hidden and wait until he leaves, then I track them for a while. If I hear any gunshots, I know he probably ran into some bad folks, and see if I can catch his killers red-handed. Only happened once, to catch a bandit in the act, but I generally try to replicate that event. I'm a crazy heroic stalker, is what I am. I never go looking for trouble, I only loot hotspots during the night and when I'm feeling friendly, I only show myself to bambis, to get them up on their feet.

I never KoS and I am most of the time a coward friendly survivor, but I sinned once.

I was searching for stuff in a hospital and I was told to stay still. After searching for the mic key, this was more or less the conversation:

Me:-Hey! Friendly here.
The guy with the gun-Ok. Hands up please. Are you alone here?

-Yes I am. I was looking for a backpack.

-Dude, just a tip. Never use a flashlight in the night. Are you ill or something? Hungry?

-I´m fine.

-Ok. Listen, a friend is waiting me near the road. I just wanted to make sure you were friendly. Do you want to come with us?

-Sounds good.

-Any weapons, mate?

-I have one, but I don´t find bullets for the M4, so I´ll use the axe instead.

-Hey, take these, I dont need them.

So I reloaded the M4 in front of him. I looked at him, with his orange raincoat and his funny cup. Such a good guy. I felt I had to do it, for the sake of lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_10B3CStq0

Pew-pew-pew,

I still feel bad for him  :( Now I get shot most of the times I want to be friendly, Karma I guess.

I've been playing DayZ since the initial release of the mod, I know that map like the back of my hand and I used to fucking love the game so much. Eventually new people joined and the killing on sight started which more or less fucked up the entire experience. After about nearly year of playing I took a break for a while and just couldn't seem to get back into and enjoy the game as

much but then standalone came out. So far I've loved the standalone, it does a much better job of immersion than the mod and there isn't even that much there to do yet but one thing I've noticed is that there are A LOT of players who live by the rules of being an asshole. The other day I had an axe, no food, no water, nothing really and I had just trekked from Drakon to balota to meet a friend and went inside the control tower, one guy comes down the stairs and claims friendly I lower my axe and he walks towards his two friends standing outside, they stand for a minute looking at me and then unload a pistol into my face...I've met one person who was genuinely friendly, a youtuber, I think his name was ManBe

arPig or something but we parted ways fairly quickly after a little chat. Really, I'm posting this thread because I want to know how you guys play, are you all around friendly no matter what the cost, do you KOS for shits and giggles, destroying all loot in the process, do you hold people up or do you just avoid people as much a possible? I've came to the conclusion that if they have a gun the best bet is to stay hidden or if they're moving towards you, seem like a threat and aren't responding to VoIP, as much as i hate doing it, take the shot. I'm actually quite interested in how people play the current game just to see how many people Call of Duty it and death match in the middle of cherno :P

Just randomly pressed enter a couple of times.

I'm always friendly, I never shoot first, but I also know, that only I am responsibly for my own survival. This doesn't mean you have to kill anyone of sight, but if you don't start learning from the mistakes, that causes your demise, sooner or later, you're going: "fuck this, I KOS from now on!"

I logged into the North Tents at Nwaf and there were 4 or 5 guys there, one saw me through a tent mesh window and handcuffed me, introduced me to his other friends and took them off, i then gave them some gun parts and food for sparing me, we made a truce and i waved goodbye :)