Sign in to follow this  
austinistheman

Player unable to be located

So i was hopping servers at north west and a red notification shows up in the bottom corner saying your player was unable to be located and has been reset. What the fuck, this is bullshit and I want my character back, what do I do?

You don't buy an unfinshed alpha product. That's what you do. Goodbye and have a good day sir.

• Like 1

Server hopping = Bad!

Lost all your gear, sort of serves you right. Thing is, gear loss this early in the piece is a given. You shouldn't get too attached to it.

explain how i am a bad person for hopping servers? everyone does it and all the gear is grabbed in the first 5 minutes of a restart so there is basically no chance to get good gear unless you go north and server hop.

• Like 1

Theoretically you won't be able to server hop as readily when they implement some changes, but its people doing what you are doing that drains the server of loot. Tragedy of the Commons

explain how i am a bad person for hopping servers? everyone does it and all the gear is grabbed in the first 5 minutes of a restart so there is basically no chance to get good gear unless you go north and server hop.

Well you must know how the age old saying goes? If everyone jumped off the bridge...

Anyway, the second half of that is a complete fallacy and gear is there IF you LOOK for it... Key word being LOOK. Have fun with your easy mode server hopping until it's shitcanned.

2ftr.png

Now to be fair this is not the warning you click on everytime you play, this is the one before you buy it.

• Like 2

personally i get a kick out of sitting in the back of a barracks and waiting for people to jump in, thanks to the louder than normal reload sound that happens when you spawn in i always get the jump on them

• Like 1

I have good gear and have not server hopped.  

btw whats the point in the game if your gunna server hop for gear?  What else is there to do after that?  If your just looking for combat play Arma 3. 

• Like 1

I have good gear and have not server hopped.  

btw whats the point in the game if your gunna server hop for gear?  What else is there to do after that?  If your just looking for combat play Arma 3. 

Truth be told : that's exactly what I'm doing atm :D Can't wait for the next patch

Try playing on a lower pop server or barring that just play on one of the servers in the list that advertises "Restart every X hours." 

Barring that advice, if you server hop excessively you risk losing your character.  You cannot get them back.  Don't bother filing a support ticket or feedback request to ask for your gear back. :P

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I personally wouldn't say your a bad person, your just exploiting the game to make things easier for you.

Many people would say that's cheating to some extent.

Though this is an Alpha and when exploits are exposed people will use them to their own advantage until they are patched..

Only Natural for some players,....