Sign in to follow this  
2NoX3

Idea: Different Type of Zombies

Just walking around Chernarus when me and my friend got the idea :
What about different types of zombies like:

The Fast One : athletic , fast ( faster than you) but with low damage and low health

The "Normal" One : just like the usual zombies now

The Fat One : slow, but with high damage and high health

Maybe it doesnt make sense now, but later with 4000 zombies on the server it would change a lot

What do you think about this idea ?

• Like 2

Or medical zombies for hospitals and for my Green mountain idea, and then some emergency services zombies, I've said it many times before but where the hell did all the services go!

If they start fucking up zombies the way Resident Evil has, this game will go to shit.  Please just make the zombies like NORMAL people...except dead and hungry.  28 Days later would be an extreme, Night of the Living Dead would be the min.

The only zombies I could imagine working in dayz are walkers and runners. Walkers are bassically what we have now, and runners you cant outrun. Thats not only due to what would fit, but also due to the fact that more types of zombies with different behaviours and models will greatly reduce the number of zombies that can be spawned, and thats a problem even as they are now. 

Once they introduce more zombies and (hopefully) wandering hordes, the type of zombie won't really matter a whole lot. I like this idea of different zombies, but not like L4D2. Walkers, runners, and military zombies in the bases (with kevlar, etc) would be an interesting addition.

Man I would love to see Zombie Children near a school yard. LOL They start chasing your ass down the school parking lot. HAHA would be amazing!

Wouldn't happen. Rocket said that they specifically only have one basic zombie model so that they can have many of them on screen at once. Having the servers populate 3 different ones would be far too taxing I imagine

Rocket has said he hopes to implement a zombie life cycle so there will be different varieties (as in speed i suppose) dependent on how old/hungry they are.  Not to mention crawlers and the hopper ones from the mod hopefully.

I really want 28 days later zombies, but not zombies that can detect you by hearing easily as i know i've sprinted silently when i was young. Their hearing in generally above realistic, which is a problem. Having good sight ok and manageable, realistic and promotes immersion in my opinion because it is believable, helping to suspend disbelief and supports our innate knowledge of sneaking, also increasing immersion imo.

Edited by Thane

Why would fat zombies do more damage?...

More mass = more impact from blows. Plus.. Were talking about ZOMBIES so don't even start a "its not realistic" argument.