Sign in to follow this  
jamoy1993

Guns I Dont / Want To See In The Game

I'm seeing way to much military grade hardware. Half the pogs I know couldn't level one if these properly, let alone the average gamers.

While I DO agree we should have more civilian equipment, I don't know why there is such a misconception on the internet that military guns are somehow "harder to use" than "normal" guns. Guns are guns. Explain these pictures, please.

girl-child_soldiers.jpg

child_soldier_chad.jpg

child-soldier-liberia.jpg

cbc_childsold1.jpg

Yeah, military guns man, how do those work? Must be rocket science or some shit.

Hm, I'm not the type to make a fuss about it tbh, just would fit the "old" soviet country setting more I think. But like I said: it's a detail, still cool.

There are textures in the game for both AK-74 with laminated wood and AK-74M with polymer furniture - perhaps we will see both SVDs.

Edited by Gews

While I DO agree we should have more civilian equipment, I don't know why there is such a misconception on the internet that military guns are somehow "harder to use" than "normal" guns. Guns are guns. Explain these pictures, please.

girl-child_soldiers.jpg

child_soldier_chad.jpg

child-soldier-liberia.jpg

cbc_childsold1.jpg

Yeah, military guns man, how do those work? Must be rocket science or some shit.

most impoverished nations with small knit factions such as these pictures, are provided training from guerilla sources. when they recruit a child, it's someone who has handled the firearm teaching them to use it. 

anyone can pick up a firearm and squeeze a trigger. to use it properly however, is another thing. For example, i can easily pick up a thirty aut six, chamber a round, level it, watch my breathing, and put a round down field. i grew up in alaska as a hunting family. this is second nature for me. when i joined up however, and was presented with an m16a4, i was nervous. i had no knowledge of the recoil, the weight, what to do if it jammed, how to sight it, etc.

that only came with training. it was much harder to use and to get used to.

to add, most know to keep a hunting rifle oiled and cleaned. doing so is simple. ever take apart an assault rifle, gut it, clean it, and re-assemble it?

left over parts are fun arnt they :P

that only came with training. it was much harder to use and to get used to.

Training someone on any weapon literally takes all of 30 minutes to an hour for basic proficiency, and they can practice themselves after that. They are not that hard to get used to. I used to work at a gun range and I've taught a seven year old girl to shoot bullseyes with a handgun in a matter of minutes so... anecdotal evidence would prove otherwise. Ironically, kids and females in particular are typically the best students when it comes to learning firearm proficiency in my experience, because they have a healthy respect for a gun and it's power - unlike a young man who gets this idea in his head that he's some kind of "badass" or whatever when he gets a hold of a gun.

I've shot everything from .22 to .50 cal sniper rifles and the technique for every weapon is basically the same. Rifles are even easier to use than handguns since they are more barrel heavy and have a more balanced two hand operation. Any child can learn to use a rifle, whether or not it's bolt action or semi auto makes literally zero difference. The hardest thing about using a gun isn't even the shooting element; it's reloading, clearing jams, coping with being shot at, and combat tactics. That's where the really intensive training lies.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

I want snipers to be rare, really rare. In the mod everyone and their mothers were holding up a dmr. 

Easily solution to that would be to limit precision arms to bolt actions not have any semi auto sniper rifles in game.

No dmrs,

no m110s

no ebrs

no m14s with high powered optics

Limit the fire rate on the svd.

hard part about being shot at is making peace with being hit. gunnerysgt used to say "Think of being shot as a vacation" lol

• Like 1

I don't wanna see DMR in the game. I hate this weapon. Why ? Because every noob who has no idea how to use a sniper rifle at all can blind-fire 20 bullets very quickly, making it easy to hit somebody. Sniping should require some skill, precision, practice etc, not just mashing left mouse button and hoping to hit something

Edited by Gdaddy22

Limit the fire rate on the svd.

<_<

No balancing, if something is too overpowered they have to sacrifice realism and "nerf" it, they shouldn't be putting it in at all, just leave it out.

• Like 1

<_<

No balancing, if something is too overpowered they have to sacrifice realism and "nerf" it, they shouldn't be putting it in at all, just leave it out.

Well do svds come in 5 round magazines. ?

SVD might even need balancing though since it has a low powered 4x optic and really isnt that great a long range.

Hates on OP military weapons... Proceeds to list tons of OP CoD military weapons. LOL!

lmao exactly

the OP listed far too many military grade weapons and not enough civilian weapons in my opinion

you completely lost me at Hi-Point Carbine, one word, GARBAGE

plus you listed far too many high powered bolt action rifles after complaining about the DMR and AS50

Well do svds come in 5 round magazines. ?

SVD might even need balancing though since it has a low powered 4x optic and really isnt that great a long range.

yes they do make 5rnd mags for SVD type rifles, but i think the point was the OP complained about the DMR (semi-Auto 7.62x51) but wants the SVD (depending on the model, 7.62x54R)

Bakercompany46 is exactly why I'm glad I'm not American and Obmama had the right idea trying to disarm civilians (even though he failed).  Having 20 firearms in one house or family is crazy.  I love guns in games and would love to have some sort of gun range u can go to in the UK to shoot all these different types, but they shouldn't be in anyone's hands. I'm not saying Bakercompany46's family aren't trust worthy but every family with a arsenal like this, a v small percentage of them will be dangerous.  Theres no need in having a gun at home but since America has so many guns everyone wants one to defend against each other with.  Wont be easy to disarm but this is crazy.

Too many pages to go through as i just woke up.

But only 1 opinion, TOO MANY WEAPONS, i'd be more than happy if only 5 of these made it into game.

Also, weapons shouldn't ALWAYS spawn with a magazine, cause it makes the game more interesting.

That's my two million cents.

Personally I think the  really exotic military stuff should be avoided ,just stick to standard issue weapons and have some more exotic civilian hunting  rifles etc . BTW the M24 is the military and police version of the ever popular Remington 700 the only difference being the m24 is chambered for the military 7.62x51 nato round as opposed to the civilian version of that round .308 Winchester. I could easily see the Remington 700 turning up.

Bakercompany46 is exactly why I'm glad I'm not American and Obmama had the right idea trying to disarm civilians (even though he failed).  Having 20 firearms in one house or family is crazy.  I love guns in games and would love to have some sort of gun range u can go to in the UK to shoot all these different types, but they shouldn't be in anyone's hands. I'm not saying Bakercompany46's family aren't trust worthy but every family with a arsenal like this, a v small percentage of them will be dangerous.  Theres no need in having a gun at home but since America has so many guns everyone wants one to defend against each other with.  Wont be easy to disarm but this is crazy.

I'm glad you are not American, because you sound like an idiot, and we have too many of them here as it is

• Like 3

Imo any pistol should be rarer than rifles - civilians generally don't carry handguns outside of the US. I'd be happy with just a few pistols - cz75, tt33 and probably a glock or something. Plus the comedy .44 magnum option. As for longarms, preferably over 99% should be either dedicated civilian (bolt action) OR civilian-variant military rifles. OP brought up a FAL, imo that would be a good addition to the game but maybe in Chernarus gun owners are limited to five-round magazines?

Edit - SKS has all my beans.

Edited by AlexLM

Thread about what guns we would like to see in game? In the eastern bloc?

SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg

Every single day of the week. No SKS in DayZ is the equivalent of no AK's in DayZ.

Yet another victim of fiddlin.

• Like 2

Yes and no.  Gun collectors and hobbyists are the last ones anyone has to worry about for a few reasons.

1.  Above all, we respect firearms and practice safety at an extreme.

2. We value our collections and LOCK OUR SHIT UP.  Period.

It's the idiots who just go on down to the local pawn shop and buy a handgun because they think its cool, and then toss it in their nightstand drawer without securing it. Then they get burglarized and the weapon is stolen.  This is how thugs are getting a hold of firearms.

Yeah America is way past the point of "disarm everyone".  At this point you can only disarm the legal owners.  And then you're leaving them defenseless....Sorry but Police response time is just not fast enough for me.

Anyway, back on topic.

All-in-all I'd rather see 90% civilian grade weapons.  And that small 10% of military grade weapons would need to be rare spawns indeed.

Having said that.  It's perfectly legal to own a .50 cal bolt action or semi-auto rifle.  But it is EXPENSIVE.  Thus, they wouldn't really exist in this area of the world.  So I rule those out.

Pretty much any other bolt action rifle I wouldn't really consider "military grade".

As long as shotguns are either double barreled (be it side by side or over and under) or pump action, I think they'll all be fine.  I'm very leery about adding semi-auto shotguns in the game for aforementioned reasons.  The Benelli M4 is perfectly legal to own, but again very expensive.  I'd wager you wouldn't see any in this area of the world.

Now back to "military grade".  So on his list that includes the full-auto SMGs, the ACR, and a couple others I think (can't remember the entire list).  Personally, you'd never find an ACR, let alone a full auto ACR in this area.  You probably wouldn't find one in America either as they haven't won a contract with our military and we're still using the M4s.  Semi-auto is legal to own but again, very expensive and not likely to be in this area of the world.

Full-auto SMGs of a few types would be found in Police Headquarters and military outposts.  Due to their high ROF and limited ranges, I don't see them as being super overpowered, and it would be legit to consider a couple existing in the region.  Again, a very rare spawn.

FN FALs are very common.  You won't find them in full auto much, but many people own their semi-auto counterparts.  Totally legit, can support optics, and would be a great DMR type rifle without being overpowered (in my opinion).

The AN-94 would typically be found in this area in military zones.  I think it would be a legit extremely rare spawn to find.

Semi-auto AK-47's would be a somewhat rare find.  They are plentiful, and semi-auto isn't super powerful even considering a 30-40 round capacity.  Their full auto counterparts should exist, but also be a very rare find.

No pistol should be off limits, until people start throwing around models like the Glock G18c or any other machine pistol.  Those should be a no-no.

No bolt action rifle under .50 cal should be off limits.  Again the likely hood of anyone in the region using one would be unrealistic.  Police don't use them (in America anyway).  Police here usually use a 7.62mm bolt-action for their marksmen.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Bakercompany86
  • Like 1

Personally I don't want any long range snipers in the game like DMR's and anything semi-automatic.  Bolt action rifles that can have scopes would be fine because you then require skill to use one.  I really doubt that they would even consider putting the .50 Cal's into the Alpha, considering how much bullshit they were in the mod... Not to mention the unrealistic nature of basically hipfiring the fuckin things.

Bolt action rifles that can have scopes would be fine because you then require skill to use one.

Unfortunately with the current way sniping works in arma and dayz not enough.

• Like 1

Unfortunately with the current way sniping works in arma and dayz not enough.

Agreed. I want A.C.E sniping. We already have wind in the Standalone, interacting with trees and grass. I feel like it should be relatively easy to use it to affect bullet trajectory as well.

• Like 1

mfw AS-50 and the Berret is unrealistic because they blow up cars, they're anti material rifles for a reason, USE TO DESTROY LIGHTLY ARMORED VEHICLES!