Sign in to follow this  
jamoy1993

Guns I Dont / Want To See In The Game

I know this is a Russian map and all, but this is a game and they can make whatever back story they want.  Why not have other than Russian weapons?  Who says other countries military's weren't sending aid to the region to stop infection?  Perhaps another timeline of Russia where it never was a communist country and they had a similar right to bear arms as the US.  ANYWAYS,  IMO, military weapons should be rare, more like vanilla dayz not like epoch for instance.  As cool as it can be, I do not want an M240 within 4 minutes of being in Cherno.....I think AR-15's, basic AK's, hunting rifles, shotguns, lever actions should be most prevalent, found mainly with just iron sights and semi-automatic fire modes only (very rare exception could have better sights) because this is what one could imagine a civilian population would have for hunting and home defense.  Of course you would find this more commonly.  The military grade weapons could be some of the same weapons (plus more) but have burst fire, full auto, lights, lasers, range finders, holographics and stuff on them.  Rare, but worth it.  Same with pistols.  I don't know why everyone wants for example, the glock 17 or M9 to be considered military grade.  They aren't.  Civilians carry them all the time and are JUST as common.  What rocket SHOULD do, as I described above, civilian owned weaponary that is found is basic, while military version are upgraded.  A pistol found in an apartment may just be a regular M9.  But an M9 found in military barracks could have a red dot sight or flash light on it, making it rarer but more valuable/more sought after.  All that shit is in ARMA II and can be utilized, it's not like it's rewriting a shit ton of code.  I, and many others, want a survival horror sim, not an arcade shooter like COD or BF.  If you want to get great guns fast and just KoS everyone go play CoD or find a server that is made just for that.   My above idea to me, would make the game more "realistic" (I use the term loosely because well, it's still just a game).

Imo, most common guns must be hunting rifles. Something from  Benelli, Baikal, IŽ. Also some bolt action (maybe also more rare semi-automatic) hunting rifles for .223 Rem. From the civilian handguns i guess fit good Glock19, CZ 75 Compact, even old walther P38 and P08, because they use common ammo. Also some rare Colt1911 might be, they too are sold in Eastern Europe. About the military weapons I already wrote something, it becomes boring.

Agreed. I want A.C.E sniping. We already have wind in the Standalone, interacting with trees and grass. I feel like it should be relatively easy to use it to affect bullet trajectory as well.

Ooo god yes.

Beautiful thing about ACe is also that nothing holds you back in ace sniping.

No silly restrictions on how far you can attempt shots at it all comes down to skill and how much elevation an optic can achieve.

Mount an optic on a ruger 1022 for example and you can crank out the elevation as far as you can and if lucky and have the skill you can hit 500-600m targets.

mfw AS-50 and the Berret is unrealistic because they blow up cars, they're anti material rifles for a reason, USE TO DESTROY LIGHTLY ARMORED VEHICLES!

High-value targets in Iraq disagree.

• Like 1

This game needs more Chechen lawnmowers and less Western military tech. The first time I found an M4 and not a glorious Ivan approved AK goodness. Then, to add insult to injury, I can't get a makarov but I can get an FNX .45. Needs more Soviet influence in a, you know, former member of the Bloc. 

This game needs more Chechen lawnmowers and less Western military tech. The first time I found an M4 and not a glorious Ivan approved AK goodness. Then, to add insult to injury, I can't get a makarov but I can get an FNX .45. Needs more Soviet influence in a, you know, former member of the Bloc. 

I believe I read somewhere that next patch the military spawns are being reduced by 50%.

They probably put the M4 and FNX in first because they were the first weapons programmed into the game (just an assumption).  And they probably made them abundant so many people would have them, thus the shooting mechanics would be well tested. 

I'm sure by release or even in the coming year they'll tone it down greatly.

i dont want nvg in the game or i want them craftable with hardly findable utilities to craft them

it destroys the whole atmosphere at night

I donno but to see Thompson,Springfield, Tons of Hunting shotguns (feels like that it should be easy to find ) and the FM57 rifle (you dont see that one often)

Luckily the game does not take place in Iraq right ?

Forget all the guns, i want to be able to craft bow and arrows and go all Katniss Aberdeen on chernarus !!

Forget all the guns, i want to be able to craft bow and arrows and go all Katniss Aberdeen on chernarus !!

I'd like to see a bow and crossbow added very soon. With how smooth shooting is now. using them would be a lot of fun.

All that shit is in ARMA II and can be utilized, it's not like it's rewriting a shit ton of code.  I, and many others, want a survival horror sim, not an arcade shooter like COD or BF.  If you want to get great guns fast and just KoS everyone go play CoD or find a server that is made just for that.   My above idea to me, would make the game more "realistic" (I use the term loosely because well, it's still just a game).

Actually, they are creating all weapons from scratch, they have not brought over anything from the mod/arma2.

And I agree, DayZ is survival first, PvP can result from survival, however it is by no means a PvP game.

And that's the beauty of the way they handle guns in SA, you might find a gun, but then you have to find rounds for that gun, and depending on the gun, you have to then find mags for it(mosin is the only one not needing a mag), there's only a few places you can find both m4s and mags and rounds in the same spot, but I imagine once they add more guns, then chance of finding the same mag/round types in the same building will go down drastically.

Actually, they are creating all weapons from scratch, they have not brought over anything from the mod/arma2.

And I agree, DayZ is survival first, PvP can result from survival, however it is by no means a PvP game.

And that's the beauty of the way they handle guns in SA, you might find a gun, but then you have to find rounds for that gun, and depending on the gun, you have to then find mags for it(mosin is the only one not needing a mag), there's only a few places you can find both m4s and mags and rounds in the same spot, but I imagine once they add more guns, then chance of finding the same mag/round types in the same building will go down drastically.

Yeah I think all these guys who think they are removing all the military guns are delusional.  They are just balancing them in a different way. When there are tons of guns in the game the chances of finding the gun, the attachment, the ammo and the mag in one go will be very slim when they add more weapons.

I wish DayZ prioritized more on survival aspects than firearms.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

Training someone on any weapon literally takes all of 30 minutes to an hour for basic proficiency, and they can practice themselves after that. They are not that hard to get used to. I used to work at a gun range and I've taught a seven year old girl to shoot bullseyes with a handgun in a matter of minutes so... anecdotal evidence would prove otherwise. Ironically, kids and females in particular are typically the best students when it comes to learning firearm proficiency in my experience, because they have a healthy respect for a gun and it's power - unlike a young man who gets this idea in his head that he's some kind of "badass" or whatever when he gets a hold of a gun.

Completely agree. I seen an elderly gentlemen teaching what I assume is his 10-13 year old grandson how to shoot a .22 (they had one of those knock off mp5sd's with the fake integral chambered in 22, tier 1 cost effective range toy there) and you could tell the kid was extremely scared when he first got there but after he started plinking away he couldn't get the kid to leave even after the older guy packed away all the ammunition. The range master and I thought it was funny. 

Edited by mrscratch

I would like to see a bigger emphasize on handguns. I think in the mod Rifles were a bit too common. But i think in reality you would find more handguns than rifles. That would change pvp in a great scale imo. Since the maximum range of a handgun is 50 to 80 meters.

In real life, if you rifled through people's stuff after the zombie apocalypse, I think you'd find 60% shotguns, 30% hunting rifles, with low power scopes, the occasional handgun and very, very few military grade weapons.

An anti-materiel rifle (AM) is a rifle that is designed for use against military equipment (materiel), rather than against other combatants ("anti-personnel"). High-value targets also being inside a building that is behind Walls which is Material to kill said target BUT it was originally made for Vehicles and Equipment, HINT the Anti Material Rifle not Anti Personnel Rifle.

Edited by Renji121

An anti-materiel rifle (AM) is a rifle that is designed for use against military equipment (materiel), rather than against other combatants ("anti-personnel"). High-value targets also being inside a building that was Walls which is Material, to kill said target BUT it was originally made for Vehicles and Equipment, HINT the Anti Material Rifle not Anti Personnel Rifle.

Not my fault they used it to scare the crap out of local leaders and the like by making their bodyguards explode.

Edited by Ratiasu

With due respect, this isn't Skyrim. The ability to craft an actual functional bow and arrow from raw materials would take years of knowledge and practice and specialized equipment. You can't just cut a tree down and whip yourself up a longbow.

I mean, you can, but it's going to be effective at like 3 meters and break after a dozen shots.

how can you possibly say no dmr..then go on to list a m24 as a want?

I think (this is my thought) this game should have a very limited amount of guns..and they should be hard to find.

a few more pistols..shot guns.. and the usual ak's. 

I think (this is my thought) this game should have a very limited amount of guns..

I think that would be cool for about 24 hours and boring for the rest of eternity.

• Like 1