Sign in to follow this  
Shadowless

How do you chat?

Hitting enter changes your point of view... so how do I chat with people?
Even WarZ has a chat :P If DayZ doesn't something is terribly wrong.

You aim your gun at their face and pull trigger :)

That means "hello"

Oh and it means "goodbye" too :p

That means "hello"

Oh and it means "goodbye" too :P

This game is worse than warz lol.

That's what you're saying?

Pressing "," and "." changes the channel.

Side chat (if the server has it enabled) talks to everyone.

Direct Chat talks to people close to you.

Group chat talks to people in your group.

Vehicle chat talks to people in the same vehicle as you.

Press "/" to talk, type your stuff and press enter. NOT the numpad enter.

You can hold caps lock to talk with your mic.

• Like 3

Pressing "," and "." changes the channel.

Side chat (if the server has it enabled) talks to everyone.

Direct Chat talks to people close to you.

Group chat talks to people in your group.

Vehicle chat talks to people in the same vehicle as you.

Press "/" to talk, type your stuff and press enter. NOT the numpad enter.

You can hold caps lock to talk with your mic.

Haha, thanks!

I'm loving this game so far, except no one is friendly.

• Like 2

Chatting is the first thing I like to find in every game.

I press buttons randomly untill I find it.

That way I can ask people how to do things :D

Haha, thanks!

I'm loving this game so far, except no one is friendly.

Trust me there are many friendly people out there, it's just they don't trust others and believe they are bandits, to protect themselves they shoot anyone they see. Sometimes they won't if they see you in a hero skin.

You can also use Direct Voice chat by pressing Caps Lock or double tapping it to leave it open if you so desire. I find that much easier than typing and quicker in critical situations.

That means "hello"

Oh and it means "goodbye" too :P

This game is worse than warz lol.

That's what you're saying?

DayZ isn't a chatroom.  I don't think you're going to find a lot of people taking you seriously, if you keep trying to compare DayZ to WarZ aka This game was so terrible we had to rename it.

Check your key bindings in the ingame menu. I think the default button is /, not sure though. I generally do a bit of rebinding to make the actions I'm going to be using easier to reach when I start out.

Also, don't bind chat to enter - it interprets the button press as a hold-to-talk, meaning you actually have to keep it held down while you're typing. Massive pain in the *** and a waste of time. Bind it to something close, or to something on the left side of the keyboard for easy access.

DayZ isn't a chatroom.  I don't think you're going to find a lot of people taking you seriously, if you keep trying to compare DayZ to WarZ aka This game was so terrible we had to rename it.

Both WarZ and DayZ have good things about them, I have bought into the alpha for both of them.  The DayZ mod alpha AND the WarZ alpha.  I quit for awhile so I forgot how to chat, as I'm used to the enter in WarZ.  I am sad the blue chat was taken out, the global chat... I forget exactly what it was called.

I'm not going to take you seriously if you consider people who enjoy WarZ to be dirt.

People CAN enjoy games that you don't enjoy.

Edited by Shadowless

I'm not going to take you seriously if you consider people who enjoy WarZ to be dirt.

This is true but I don't think people are saying YOU are dirt. They're saying that WarZ is shit errrr dirt. There's a difference.  ;)

Both WarZ and DayZ have good things about them, I have bought into the alpha for both of them.  The DayZ mod alpha AND the WarZ alpha.  I quit for awhile so I forgot how to chat, as I'm used to the enter in WarZ.  I am sad the blue chat was taken out, the global chat... I forget exactly what it was called.

That's a cute strawman argument there but I never said people can't enjoy WarZ and people who do enjoy it are dirt or some other subclass of human.

What I said was,

"I don't think you're going to find a lot of people taking you seriously, if you keep trying to compare DayZ to WarZ aka This game was so terrible we had to rename it."

I'm not saying you can't enjoy WarZ but there is no debate about the fact it was so bad it had to be renamed more than once, both for trademark issues and then because WarZ had such a terrible rollout Valve pulled it off Steam and refunded everyone's money.  In his own roundabout and vague way the developer himself admits it was terrible.

Continuing to compare DayZ to WarZ in multiple posts and implying that WarZ is better because global chat hasn't been implemented as an option yet in DayZ SA pretty much just amounts to unsuccessful trolling.

While it should be optional and I'm pretty sure will be in the future, I think you'll also find a majority of players who don't want a global chatroom while they're playing DayZ.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

That's a cute strawman argument there but I never said people can't enjoy WarZ and people who do enjoy it are dirt or some other subclass of human.

What I said was,

"I don't think you're going to find a lot of people taking you seriously, if you keep trying to compare DayZ to WarZ aka This game was so terrible we had to rename it."

I'm not saying you can't enjoy WarZ but there is no debate about the fact it was so bad it had to be renamed more than once, both for trademark issues and then because WarZ had such a terrible rollout Valve pulled it off Steam and refunded everyone's money.  In his own roundabout and vague way the developer himself admits it was terrible.

Continuing to compare DayZ to WarZ in multiple posts and implying that WarZ is better because global chat hasn't been implemented as an option yet in DayZ SA pretty much just amounts to unsuccessful trolling.

While it should be optional and I'm pretty sure will be in the future, I think you'll also find a majority of players who don't want a global chatroom while they're playing DayZ.

There is a debate about whether it was so bad it had to be renamed only one time.  It only got renamed once, and it wasn't because of bad rep.  I'm not saying they didn't have a bad rep... but changing the name worsened it.  But saying which game is better is subjective, maybe having a global chat is a game changing factor for me?  It may not be the case for you, but it might be for me.  Everything in comparisons is opinion based and thus no one ever wins.  I'm sure this is way off topic, but I do believe you are the one trolling right now.

In fact I am enjoying DayZ, as I did in the DayZ alpha mod days.

There is a debate about whether it was so bad it had to be renamed only one time.

Not to belabor the thread, but I believe WarZ was originally named War Inc. :P

I.E. the fact they just used the old War Inc engine and models and slapped in some zombies.  Terrible f2p game + zombies and a cash shop still equals terrible game.  You can claim that's subjective if you want but I don't think you're gonna find too many people that agree with you.

Not to belabor the thread, but I believe WarZ was originally named War Inc. :P

I.E. the fact they just used the old War Inc engine and models and slapped in some zombies.  Terrible f2p game + zombies and a cash shop still equals terrible game.  You can claim that's subjective if you want but I don't think you're gonna find too many people that agree with you.

Wrong, I also played War Inc.  Although not as fun has WarZ, it was an alright game.

War Inc had nothing to do with WarZ... except the engine.

War Inc was created by WarMongers but they were funded by Arktos... Arktos had rights to the engine, thus Hammerpoint (who is funded by Arktos) could use that engine.  They still had to code everything... but it's like buying assets from the unity store, many developers do it.  I am not saying it's the right thing to do, but it saves time I guess.

I have to admit there were times where I questioned continuing to play WarZ, but I think what made me stay was the rush you get from their pvp.  For me PvP means a lot more in WarZ, but DayZ is where I go for PvE with a side of PvP.

Edited by Shadowless

Wrong, I also played War Inc.  Although not as fun has WarZ, it was an alright game.

War Inc had nothing to do with WarZ... except the engine.

War Inc was created by WarMongers but they were funded by Arktos... Arktos had rights to the engine, thus Hammerpoint (who is funded by Arktos) could use that engine.  They still had to code everything... but it's like buying assets from the unity store, many developers do it.  I am not saying it's the right thing to do, but it saves time I guess.

I have to admit there were times where I questioned continuing to play WarZ... but I think what made me stay was the rush you get from their pvp.  For me PvP means a lot more in WarZ, but DayZ is where I go for PvE with a side of PvP.

I don't really see the point in getting into an argument about WarZ but WarZ used more than just the engine.  They also re-used numerous models, assets, etc. from War Inc.  That's not all either...

The WarZ developers/creators ripped off art assets from the Walking Dead as in-game artwork for WarZ, ripped off the weapon interaction/ui system from Crysis, they literally copy/pasted the terms of service for WarZ straight from the League of Legends ToS verbatim (LoL indeed), they abusively banned, threatened users critical of the game and also sent DMCA takedown notices to people critical of WarZ and then Titov the game's creator later apologized and said that the "vocal minority" of users who complained about WarZ were totally right to...they didn't unban all the players they banned...just said they were right.  Then WarZ's community manager Kewk, also threatened anyone who downloaded and played DeadZ which was a ripoff of WarZ (ripoff of a ripoff, lol) that the FBI would go after them, their lives would be "destroyed" and their Steam accounts would all get banned, despite the fact DeadZ wasn't even a steam game.

You can't make up this stuff this bad.  Heck, you don't have to.

Not only that but Titov also referred to WarZ players as "f---ots" for gameplay that was heavily encouraged by WarZ's mechanics and cash shop.  The abuse continued in the WarZ forums as well.  Here's one fun response from WarZ support:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/102595-before-you-try-warz/

"I'm sorry our Executive Producer's words have offended your delicate sensibilities.  Pip pip cheerio."

Funny comment about "delicate sensibilities" coming from WarZ forum moderators who banned anyone who had anything remotely negative to say about WarZ. 

They even slammed DMCA takedown notices on fan videos on Youtube, you know...videos that were actually meant as good publicity for WarZ.

They're continuing down the same road with Infestation.  Die in Infestation?  You'll have to wait 4 hours to respawn or spend real money in the cash shop to respawn immediately.  That doesn't even make business sense.  You want to sell cash shop items?  You want players playing your game, not having to wait 4 hours or be forced to spend real money just to respawn.

Have an issue with Infestation?  Better keep it to yourself if you don't want your account banned.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I don't really see the point in getting into an argument about WarZ but WarZ used more than just the engine.  They also re-used numerous models, assets, etc. from War Inc.  That's not all either...

The WarZ developers/creators ripped off art assets from the Walking Dead as in-game artwork for WarZ, ripped off the weapon interaction/ui system from Crysis, they literally copy/pasted the terms of service for WarZ straight from the League of Legends ToS verbatim (LoL indeed), they abusively banned, threatened users critical of the game and also sent DMCA takedown notices to people critical of WarZ and then Titov the game's creator later apologized and said that the "vocal minority" of users who complained about WarZ were totally right to...they didn't unban all the players they banned...just said they were right.  Then WarZ's community manager Kewk, also threatened anyone who downloaded and played DeadZ which was a ripoff of WarZ (ripoff of a ripoff, lol) that the FBI would go after them, their lives would be "destroyed" and their Steam accounts would all get banned, despite the fact DeadZ wasn't even a steam game.

You can't make up this stuff this bad.  Heck, you don't have to.

Not only that but Titov also referred to WarZ players as "f---ots" for gameplay that was heavily encouraged by WarZ's mechanics and cash shop.  The abuse continued in the WarZ forums as well.  Here's one fun response from WarZ support:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/102595-before-you-try-warz/

"I'm sorry our Executive Producer's words have offended your delicate sensibilities.  Pip pip cheerio."

Funny comment about "delicate sensibilities" coming from WarZ forum moderators who banned anyone who had anything remotely negative to say about WarZ. 

They even slammed DMCA takedown notices on fan videos on Youtube, you know...videos that were actually meant as good publicity for WarZ.

They're continuing down the same road with Infestation.  Die in Infestation?  You'll have to wait 4 hours to respawn or spend real money in the cash shop to respawn immediately.  That doesn't even make business sense.  You want to sell cash shop items?  You want players playing your game, not having to wait 4 hours or be forced to spend real money just to respawn.

Have an issue with Infestation?  Better keep it to yourself if you don't want your account banned.

I completely admit, moments like those are what almost made me leave WarZ.  But since then the game has honestly gone in a good direction.  They are thinking of taking out the timer completely, it's currently set at 20 minutes... but you have 5 characters.  If you're being killed every 5 minutes you deserve a break lol.  Crashes have become minimal, they made sniper spawns almost null (mixed feelings on this one)... idk it's hard to explain,  I don't know if sergey was fired or not, but I haven't heard of him in months.  I personally think WarZ is going in the right direction in its own way, while DayZ is going in its own.  I have honestly logged way more hours than I should have on WarZ, it's done something right for ME.

We will see if DayZ keeps my attention more so than the mod.  I like the zombies in the SA better, I think the SA is already better than the mod.  (I only played the early mod)

Edited by Shadowless

Everyone Complaining about DayZ SA that how terrible is it, 
But After all that
You go and ask your friend "Whats you doing buddy"
Your  Friend = "Haha Looting Balota "
You = >;) Just joined his server Silently and head to
balota to find your dear friend to snipe ...

isn't that true. u do it, admin it.