Sign in to follow this  
osc

We need tents!

The end game is too easily achievable at the moment - people are starting to get bored.

DayZ SA really needs or any sort of storage in order to set up bases. It adds a whole new dynamic to the game and isn't particularly hard to implement as opposed to other features such as vehicles.

• Like 1

Yes we do. As well as vehicles. However functionality > fun is the main priority for Dean and others. :)

Its alpha, the game is for testing atm.

Thats why balota has all the guns spawn and ammo, so people can test it all for bugs.

They want everyone to play with everything so bugs can be found.

5c0net.png

Edited by Jaygoon
  • Like 8

I believe that the loot is eventually going to become completely persistent, in that you don't need a tent to store items you can just find a memorable and hidden spot to store your stuff.

^What's with the crappy  attitude from all these 80 - 40 post members? We know it's an Alpha. It's a fair question in the OP.

yeah we do need tents, once things are more stable for the servers they will added it. But then when they add it they better make loot harder to get cause ppl will have horded a bunch of crap lol

^What's with the crappy  attitude from all these 80 - 40 post members? We know it's an Alpha. It's a fair question in the OP.

Because post count doesn't indicate experience with SA/mod.

There was no question in the OP. The tent/storage issue has been covered and discussed by Rockett already. Simple search would have told the op that.

• Like 1

Thats why balota has all the guns spawn and ammo, so people can test it all for bugs.

5c0net.png

Lmao

Alpha.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Base-building is an integral part of DayZ, it could be argued. You seem to be suggesting that implementing tents for bug-testing is a bad idea.

Edited by osc
  • Like 1

LOL @ base building. 

You go ahead and spend days and weeks building some flimsy structure and I'll go ahead and just fortify an already standing, sound and reliable structure in a matter of minutes.

i'm guessing that adding tent before the maps is complete would mean wiping tents each time the map is updated, so that tents aren't in walls or things new. So tenta would not get fully tested (like DB loads) in that case

Base-building is an integral part of DayZ, it could be argued. You seem to be suggesting that implementing tents for bug-testing is a bad idea.

Because there is a year to go till the game is finished, there is plenty of time for tents to be added.

Not sure about bases tbh, from interviews i have seen there will be no base building added.

I believe that the loot is eventually going to become completely persistent, in that you don't need a tent to store items you can just find a memorable and hidden spot to store your stuff.

if this is true I will be in heaven. As a solo survivalist and a recon player this will add.so much for my gameplay. Edited by Sawlstone

I want something other than tents, I think it would be amazing if you could craft a good size box and store gear. Tents can be found very easily. Having a small or medium size box in between some trees would be way harder to spot

Not sure about bases tbh, from interviews i have seen there will be no base building added.

Not that I support the idea, because it remains to be seen if it will fit the existing game play, but from a twitch streams that rocket did he appears to be ,open to / interested in, adding base building in the distant future.

Since fireplaces, hunting and cooking will be added soon I would love to see tents added as well. I am not sure if all loot could be persistent but stuff like the camping lanterns should be :-)

Edit: regarding basebuilding...I still hope they change plans ( no underground bases) and allow barricading existing buildings instead 

cheers

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

LOL ITS ALPHA, RIGHT GUISE? AMIRITE? RITE? *NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK COOLKIDSCLUB REPLY*

no srsly tents nao.

• Like 1

Even if it's an alpha and things will more likely than not get lost due to a bug, small stashes would be cool. At least until they decide what they want to do with base building in the future.

Since fireplaces, hunting and cooking will be added soon I would love to see tents added as well. I am not sure if all loot could be persistent but stuff like the camping lanterns should be :-)

Edit: regarding basebuilding...I still hope they change plans ( no underground bases) and allow barricading existing buildings instead

cheers

should be easy to make it so any item that contains slots like a pack can be persistent. It makes sense if things are just piled that some would go missing with factors like weather and wildlife. Edited by Sawlstone

The unfortunate truth is that a lot of the newer players to DayZ will play through, get the best gear and then move on to the game because they've achieved the current end game. My argument (and I'm sure many of you will agree) is that tents should be fairly high on the priority list - we can put up with bugs, but we can't put up with the boredom of having nothing to do as easily.

• Like 1

We do not need tents yet. It will get too many people butthurt when the second wipe comes. I say only implement tents in the beta stage.

Trust me, the balota situation is not what rocket envisioned and it will force a wipe to clean the number of rifles & mags in circulation.

i hope tents will somehow disappear when you die... else endgame = hoarding stuff again. and dying? just run to the underwater tent or whatever. no fear.

I predict craftable hidden caches of supplies and gear. Very very hard to spot but anyone can loot them if found. Limit maybe to one per player.