BlastHard

serious disappointement

Personally I don't understand why you keep saying that their is no point to the game. Why does there need to be?

DayZ is a sandbox game. It gives you an environment to play in. It gives you resources to accomplish various tasks, albeit they are not implemented in the game yet. It allows you to do what you want to do when you want to do it.

To say that there "needs" to be a point to the game just tells me that this is not the game for you. So instead of coming on here and complaining about it, why not just give in to the fact that it is not the game for you and move on to something that is more suited to your play style. It has become very apparent after reading your posts that if there is no way to "level up" then the game is pointless... to you.

As stated numerous times by Rocket, the current alpha version of the game includes the pillars of the core mechanics upon which the game will be built around. You were also warned prior to your purchase, if you cared to read the warnings, that this game is in a very early alpha stage. If you decided to ignore those warnings then that's on you, not on the current state of the game, nor on the developers. If you have something constructive to say that might help the game evolve then by all means post it, but if you just want to bitch about the current state of the game and how it doesn't meet "your" expectations then your post is meaningless. 

Stop saying it's a disappointment!  We can't say enough, this game is an Alpha.  It doesn't meet your expectations?  Well, luckily for this game, meeting your expectations is not a requirement.  Its like cracking 2 eggs in flour and complaining that the cake you made is dry.  This game is a beautiful work in progress with many features to come.  BlastHard, you're an idiot because you are trying to argue something that is impossible to know.  This game as a finished product is still in the distant future.  And the guy that said that BlastHard was giving constructive criticism, maybe Google that phrase to learn what it actually means. 

i ve played dead nation,breaking point,life,nether,warz,here in dayz map is too short to have hide players camps to search,and too big to have a clear pvp way.

they need to figure it out and give a purpose to the game.

my team bought a server ,1h later we were all full stuff boring,so now we dont even go on our server,we pop on a server we restart until we get on south beach ,find a m4 and go to balota,hopping we wont get hopped,but not really caring cause after death we will do it again..

If you've followed DayZ from the MOD to present, then you must understand the difference between DayZ and EVERY OTHER GAME EVER, both in current functionality and in vision. Every other game (except maybe Minecraft) is as canned as you can get. Every game 'leads' you the player through its maze. DayZ is a true sandbox game. No 'missions', no 'quests'. DayZ REQUIRES you the player to come up with your game.

Really, what is the point of any other game out there? to see the next cut scene? to see what happens next? Every other game out there (save Minecraft) is the same game over and over again. Little chance to have a different experience. DayZ blows that concept of game play out of the water... no out of the universe.

Not to sound condescending, but try to embrace what I am trying to say. Get out of the usual way you look at a game and understand that YOU make your story, there is no story canned and waiting for you in Chernarus.

We are all desperately scrambling to justify our worthlessness....have some compassion

Silly, of course we can blame him the game came with 100 million warnings and a prompt by dean himself saying do not buy this game he also tweeted about not buying this game all the warnings and advice says 'do not buy this game its broken and buggy and incomplete' anyone paying for it now and complaining about it well... logic ain't logic sometimes i guess

hi all

i m seriously disappointed by the game,standalone was announced so long ago,saying they were waiting to give us something good and ready to play,i expected that even in alpha pre release it would be better.

Link me that statement made by any person working on the DayZ SA project or you can logout and get the fuck away from anyone belonging to the DayZ community.

Your lack of intelligence or should i say your forced stupidity is genuinely annoying and unwanted.

Please go educate yourself or just stay silent.

Edited by MSFOneBadBastard

Personally I don't understand why you keep saying that their is no point to the game. Why does there need to be?

DayZ is a sandbox game. It gives you an environment to play in. It gives you resources to accomplish various tasks, albeit they are not implemented in the game yet. It allows you to do what you want to do when you want to do it.

To say that there "needs" to be a point to the game just tells me that this is not the game for you. So instead of coming on here and complaining about it, why not just give in to the fact that it is not the game for you and move on to something that is more suited to your play style. It has become very apparent after reading your posts that if there is no way to "level up" then the game is pointless... to you.

As stated numerous times by Rocket, the current alpha version of the game includes the pillars of the core mechanics upon which the game will be built around. You were also warned prior to your purchase, if you cared to read the warnings, that this game is in a very early alpha stage. If you decided to ignore those warnings then that's on you, not on the current state of the game, nor on the developers. If you have something constructive to say that might help the game evolve then by all means post it, but if you just want to bitch about the current state of the game and how it doesn't meet "your" expectations then your post is meaningless. 

i m not complaining i just express my disappointement,when dayz mod started and when dean told he will do a standalone version of the game,taking his time to do things right,saying he ll do the opposite of war z that gave us an unfinish alpha for a year.

and now after 1 year of waiting it he do the same thing as sergey titov and pre-release an empty game.emptier than war z was on the 1st week in fact.

i agree u cant compare the efforts done to dress the map and the items but on a gameplay point of view nothing at all have been done in 1 year.

so i m disappointed and i know how games are usually supported by devs team after they v cash in several million $,so i dont expect much more from BI.(sure they will fill the blank and allow u to poo in hole if u have the right shovel)

and for all those saying they have fun,i m happy for u guys,i hope it last long.

for those saying "its an alpha,i believe in the game i believe what is told" u so cute!!how can u seriously believe those that were saying 1 year ago that they will release something flawless in early 2013.

i will check back the game in 1 year.

c u

As I said before. Blasthard is just trolling us.

No one can be so stupid and rage about an Alpha release not having enough content.

...or am I wrong? could it be that there really is such a person D: 

1. Maybe

2. Yes

3. Yes

Solution:. Hope for fucktards to stop breeding.

i m not complaining i just express my disappointement,when dayz mod started and when dean told he will do a standalone version of the game,taking his time to do things right,saying he ll do the opposite of war z that gave us an unfinish alpha for a year.

and now after 1 year of waiting it he do the same thing as sergey titov and pre-release an empty game.emptier than war z was on the 1st week in fact.

i agree u cant compare the efforts done to dress the map and the items but on a gameplay point of view nothing at all have been done in 1 year.

so i m disappointed and i know how games are usually supported by devs team after they v cash in several million $,so i dont expect much more from BI.(sure they will fill the blank and allow u to poo in hole if u have the right shovel)

and for all those saying they have fun,i m happy for u guys,i hope it last long.

for those saying "its an alpha,i believe in the game i believe what is told" u so cute!!how can u seriously believe those that were saying 1 year ago that they will release something flawless in early 2013.

i will check back the game in 1 year.

c u

Spend that time educating yourself , learn to read and write, search for devs blogs. And most importantly , get a brain.

Edited by MSFOneBadBastard

Link me that statement made by any person working on the DayZ SA project or you can logout and get the fuck away from anyone belonging to the DayZ community.

Your lack of intelligence or should i say your forced stupidity is genuinely annoying and unwanted.

Please go educate yourself or just stay silent.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/22/dean-hall-dayz-standalone-alpha-wont-launch-until-at-least-jun/

or there

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/07/the-dayz-interview-dean-hall-on-development-pressure/

or there

@4m40

i dont attack you or anyone expressing my disappointement,so maybe u should rage elsewhere and talk with better words,or dont read this post if u cant act as a grown person.

so much wraith in your words for nothing ,ur life should be hard,u should consider to see a psychiatrist he can probably help u .

and sorry for my poor english its not my first language.

Edited by BlastHard
  • Like 1

i m not currently crying about bugs or lack of content,in this game u can add all content like need to find a tree to hide when u need to poo ,it wont change the fact that u cant either really pvp without looting and walking 40 min before,or surviving without anything more to do than respond to ur character needs.

even in pacman u run from the ghosts,u eat strawberry then it up to next level,ur aim is to climb levels.

I think this game is just not for you. It seems you require a game with simple direction, instead of something that takes creativity to play. 

In my experience in game design this is how I've understood the game development process.  Not being rude, just trying to clear things up because a lot of people just feel like saying "it's in alpha" is a good way to explain to people the state the game is in, the problem with that being is that most people just play games and don't know what goes into the development process or how hard and tedious it can be.  It's a VERY long process that requires more work than what most people are used to.  Game development process goes like this:

Prototype : literally BARE BONES.  No art, barely any if any animations, core game mechanics and that's about it.  This is the stage you set up a lot of your frame work and design that will eventually be the structure the ENTIRE game is built off of.  It's like looking at a house that just has the wood frame built, nothing more.  No plumbing, no electricity,  just the frame.  

ALPHA (CURRENT STAGE) :  A step above prototype.  This is the time they start refining a lot of the core game mechanics and making sure they are in a state to be stable enough to reach beta. They start adding and refining things that go under the hood for a deeper playing experience, examples would be stuff like - enemy ai, further map development, base weapons, quests ( if applicable) basically just enough to get the game to a playable level, BARELY PLAYABLE at the beginning of this cycle in fact.  At the END of this development cycle you will start to see what the final product WILL PLAY LIKE, not look like, with the exception of some art and audio that would have been implmented during this time.  Again I say AT THE END OF THIS DEVELOPMENT CYCLE.  That means half the stuff your stating that should already be in the game isn't at this point and will be worked on during this stage.  Most people NEVER see a game at this state, but the recent influx of games that are early release is educating people in this.  

Beta :  Mechanics are being refined and finished out while the art and visual appearance, sound, basically the "polish" of the game is being implemented and finished from what wasn't implemented in the alpha if any.  Until now there would have been a lot of place holders for things like sound and art, this is where it's implemented.  They'll prob continue to add new features but at this point this is the stage at which they work to get it to a finished level that should be ready for a full release.  This is the time they finish up the game basically for the masses.  Until the end of this cycle you still have bugs and other design solutions that need to be refined, but is well on it's way to be a full release.  If you've ever played a beta test of a game, usually they have all this implemented for the player base to start testing it on the absolute PLETHORA of machines this game has to play correctly on .  This means most of the beta testing people have done is actually towards the end of the beta phase, and things are being refined and finished for the final game.  

Release :  The finished product. Here we probably won't encounter hardly any bugs due to the fact that this game is getting a MASSIVE play testing during alpha.  This is an amazing amount of stats and info that the team can use. 

This is what I've learned in some basic game development, although this might change from development team to team, it's for the most part how the process goes for a lot of games.  I get the feeling that they will be adding the majority of art and animations even before the beta phase after they work through a majority of mechanical issues and game play during alpha.  These guys are working pretty fast tbh and doing a great job of it.  This is a VERY good alpha stage, most games at this point would be.... well basically barely functional.  This game is very functional from the 35 hrs I've put into it, and everything I've encountered as far as bugs and malfunctions go were to be expected from an alpha.  

Edited by Barsyl
  • Like 1

hum......dont know what to make of OPs complaints. He says that is he is not complaining about bugs and content, goes to even say the map is too short? WTH i guess he never left cherno or bolota. Complains that the ALPHA is incomplete..........then worst of says he is 37.........  either a good troll or worst sad scenario low IQ 

Dude if you really have nothing to add to help around here and you dont like the game get out......

Edited by reapers239

i bet u were saying same things about warz when i was saying on the forum that they were scamming us,here they are not scamming us,they just making a huge mistake thinking that we will find ourself a point to play the game,game is huge,feature will be huge,but there s no point.

by the way u ve been reported for quoted something i never said and calling me stupid for no reason.

The only person "just making" mistake is you! For buying a game they warned you would not be up to "your standards". We all hate you, go away.