pogosphere

Why is the world of dayz so static ?

''Its just an alpha for almost 3 years now.''

Errm..No? The developement of the game started few months after the mod was released? That could be like ...Year and 4 months?

I feel like its another WarZ fan coming here to cry, just because his game is overfilled with hackers and retards and starts to lose its population.

-Im not a WarZ fan . I dislike WarZ even more than i dislike the current state of dayz standalone. But one bad game does not justify another.

-I dont want every brick to be destroyable. It would be ok if i could at least destroy or interact with anything on the map exept of doors in a physical way. Dont justify your standpoint with searching for the other extreme.

• Like 1

Unfortunately what you are doing is comparing DayZ, which began it's life as a mod for an ancient game engine, to games which have budgets in the tens of millions, vast teams of devs and shareholders to keep happy. It's comparing apples (pristine) to oranges (Badly damaged).

If this is the case, the final price should be directly correlated to the finished product.

• Like 1

It would be ok if i could at least destroy or interact with anything on the map exept of doors in a physical way. Dont justify your standpoint with searching for the other extreme.

Oh, that's all. You'll pleased to hear that you can level buildings and knock down fences in the same way that you could in the mod.

Listen everyone can bitch and moan to the OP but he has a valid point. On the other hand there really isnt any point to posting this because it wont and really cant change. Not unless BI decides to invest in the creation of a more modern engine. I can only hope BI does the right thing and invest in that so that DayZ 2 can be a triple A title that skyrockets BI into the mainstream. I think they deserve that too because they are a passionate bunch. I would question their buisness/development strategy for both DayZ and Arma 3 though. Some bad decisions and empty promises were made on both accounts. 

• Like 2

-Im not a WarZ fan . I dislike WarZ even more than i dislike the current state of dayz standalone. But one bad game does not justify another.

-I dont want every brick to be destroyable. It would be ok if i could at least destroy or interact with anything on the map exept of doors in a physical way. Dont justify your standpoint with searching for the other extreme.

You are still complaining about game that's in alpha stage...You don't know what's going to happend and what the dev team is working on ATM....Pretty much anyting youre talking about atm COULD be in the game. If it has a future or if it'd have a use.

Its been an alpha for almost 3 years now? You sure about that?

Three years? The mod was released in April 2012 IIRC.

That only makes it just under two years only, OP needs to do a fact check.

Edited by burritoman259

Three years? The mod was released in April 2012 IIRC.

That only makes it just under two years only, OP needs to do a fact check.

Is that Zach Braff with a beard and mustache in your avatar? lol

Edited by VictorM

If this is the case, the final price should be directly correlated to the finished product.

You might have a point there.

You might have a point there.

I also agree that BI prices their games like Triple A titles but doesn't deliver triple A titles. That being said we all have a choice whether to purchase or not, and it seems everyone here had enough faith in them to purchase non the less. 

• Like 2

Is it possible to have an intelligent discussion or debate on here sans the ridiculous hipster photos and quotes?

No.

I also agree that BI prices their games like Triple A titles but doesn't deliver triple A titles. That being said we all have a choice whether to purchase or not, and it seems everyone here had enough faith in them to purchase non the less. 

^If that's a problem...What makes a game ''AAA''? Just a reminder. CoD is running on the same engine all the time, and is being copy,pasted every year..Being sold for 60€.....I don't see a problem in BI releasing game once in few years with price between 20-50€

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 1

Well first of all, i'l start with "It's just an Alpha for almost 3 years now." Rocket, made the Mod of DayZ, by himself, on his own. Then later on down the line, people from the DayZ Community helped him fix the Mod with bugs, glitches and having Mods of a Mod on DayZ. I'd love to see you try and get this far from making a Mod of a game by yourself.

The map is Static? That's because the DayZ Map is 225KM Squared. Battlefield, Crysis, Mirrors Edge? First, Battlefield uses an Engine that has high graphical capabilities and you can literally only destroy buildings, nothing else. Not every little detail on the map like a leaf on the floor... Crysis uses an Engine that's worth $1.2 Million Dollars to License. If Dean wanted to use CryENGINE, he'd have to pay 1.2 million dollars just to use it and let people buy it. Otherwise he would have to make it free.

Mirrors Edge combat? Like again, it was made on Unreal Engine 3 with masses of Developers. Mirrors edge was based around Parkour and Fighting. Not mass destruction of the game world. And the levels were minuscule to DayZ, they had to load other stages of the game. So does Crysis, and Half Life loads other stages of the game.

So you're basically saying that DayZ is Sh*t? Well let me tell you something. DayZ is planning to have over 2000+ zombies one one map, with loot spawn, upto probably 100 Players (planned) with vehicles, planes that will most likely be on private servers later on and then the water on the map, the grass, trees and other scenery, and you're saying DayZ isn't detailed?

The Developers said that it is ALPHA, no "EARLY ALPHA". It has a base core and structure and they were trying to fix the worst problem from the mod which was Hacking, which destroyed the mod. They have high character customization and a lot more clothes and weapons to come later on. It's been out 11 Days and you're already complaining about a base core of an Early Alpha. Please grow up, the Devs are laughing at you because you bought the game and gave them what? $30? or £19.99? And you're complaining about it already. Please leave

• Like 8

---

Wow, i noticed this is your first post...In thread like this it's usually people coming here to join the hate party...Big ups.

Agreed and welcome to the forums :D

Edited by OntyCZE

Well first of all, i'l start with "It's just an Alpha for almost 3 years now." Rocket, made the Mod of DayZ, by himself, on his own. Then later on down the line, people from the DayZ Community helped him fix the Mod with bugs, glitches and having Mods of a Mod on DayZ. I'd love to see you try and get this far from making a Mod of a game by yourself.

The map is Static? That's because the DayZ Map is 225KM Squared. Battlefield, Crysis, Mirrors Edge? First, Battlefield uses an Engine that has high graphical capabilities and you can literally only destroy buildings, nothing else. Not every little detail on the map like a leaf on the floor... Crysis uses an Engine that's worth $1.2 Million Dollars to License. If Dean wanted to use CryENGINE, he'd have to pay 1.2 million dollars just to use it and let people buy it. Otherwise he would have to make it free.

Mirrors Edge combat? Like again, it was made on Unreal Engine 3 with masses of Developers. Mirrors edge was based around Parkour and Fighting. Not mass destruction of the game world. And the levels were minuscule to DayZ, they had to load other stages of the game. So does Crysis, and Half Life loads other stages of the game.

So you're basically saying that DayZ is Sh*t? Well let me tell you something. DayZ is planning to have over 2000+ zombies one one map, with loot spawn, upto probably 100 Players (planned) with vehicles, planes that will most likely be on private servers later on and then the water on the map, the grass, trees and other scenery, and you're saying DayZ isn't detailed?

The Developers said that it is ALPHA, no "EARLY ALPHA". It has a base core and structure and they were trying to fix the worst problem from the mod which was Hacking, which destroyed the mod. They have high character customization and a lot more clothes and weapons to come later on. It's been out 11 Days and you're already complaining about a base core of an Early Alpha. Please grow up, the Devs are laughing at you because you bought the game and gave them what? $30? or £19.99? And you're complaining about it already. Please leave

Reading your coments is so much fun i dont think i want to leave.

• Like 1

Oh man, this guy thinks he knows everything, you took some AAA titles, with big teams, and a lot of money, and you think, Dayz, that started to grow up it's money now, that have a small team, more or less 20 people, to have all that things you said, almost all the games you said, were singleplayer games, with a linear story, Dayz have a 225 km map, with a LOT of entrable buildings, and it's still, pretty much a pre-alpha, a LOT of things will me implemented, the mod was launched in April 2012, and the Standalone version, that it's a completely new game, was started in october or november. Where are the other 2 years?

It's easy to say, that we're fanboys, but when some dumb guy start to say dumb things about something he don't even now, it's hard to stay quiet.

Edited by lets4dead
  • Like 4

Wow, i noticed this is your first post...In thread like this it's usually people coming here to join the hate party...Big ups.

Agreed and welcome to the forums :D

Thank you very much :)

• Like 1

how about get an imagination... some things just arent possible... go play BF4 if you want pretty graphics and ridiculous environment destruction. this is a zombie survival game...

moron

Edited by Max Planck
Cut it out.

Oh man, this guy thinks he knows everything, you took some AAA titles, with big teams, and a lot of money, and you think, Dayz, that started to grow up it's money now, that have a small team, more or less 20 people, to have all that things you said, almost all the games you said, were singleplayer games, with a linear story, Dayz have a 225 km map, with a LOT of entrable buildings, and it's still, pretty much a pre-alpha, a LOT of things will me implemented, the mod was launched in April 2012, and the Standalone version, that it's a completely new game, was started in october or november. Where are the other 2 years?

It's easy to say, that we're fanboys, but when some dumb guy start to say dumb things about something he don't even now, it's hard to stay quiet.

You act like they dont have made a ton of money out of arma 2 , arma 3 and the steam sales of dayz.

There are many development teams out there which have less than 30 developer, they are making indie-games like Bohemia Interactive does.

But non of them is chargeing 60 bugs for there indie games!

And by the way if they would  take 10 % of the money they made out of the steam sales of dayz standalone they could license every engine on the planet. 

I dont understand whats so hard to understand on this equation:

premium product            = premium price  (60 $)

medium quality product  = medium price   (20-30$)

low quality product         = low prize           (1-20 $)

If someone wants to pay for call of duty ghost 60 $ than its the problem of this person.

As long as people buy this kind of stuff at this pricepoint even if it is low quality , Activision will happily charge that price for an 6 years old engine.

As Bohemia Interactive will go on with selling you a renamed arma 2, based on an engine which is even older than the call of duty engine, as dayz.

Edited by pogosphere

"If someone wants to pay for call of duty ghost 60 $ than its the problem of this person."

You bought DayZ for $30 or £20, that's your problem.

Call of Duty ghosts uses a heavily edited version of the CoD 4 Engine, get your facts right.

Edited by TheCalyx

You act like the dont have made a ton of money out of arma 2 , arma 3 and the steam sales of dayz.

There are many development teams out there which have less than 30 developer, they are making indie-games like Bohemia Interactive does.

But non of them is chargeing 60 bugs for there indie games!

And by the way if they would  take 10 % of the money they made out of the steam sales of dayz standalone they could license every engine on the planet. 

I dont understand whats so hard on this equation:

premium product            = premium price  (60 $)

medium quality product  = medium price   (20-30$)

low quality product         = low prize           (1-20 $)

If someone wants to pay for call of duty ghost 60 $ than its the problem of this person.

As long as people buy this kind of stuff at this pricepoint even if it is low quality , Activision will happily charge that price for an 6 years old engine.

As Bohemia Interactive will go on with selling you a renamed arma 2, based on an engine which is even older than the call of duty engine, as dayz.

*snip*

Edited by Max Planck
Cut it out.

Yeah, good idea.....Take the shitty and laggy ArmA 3 Engine and put it here....The graphics are great, you want to basically make the game so nice looking that you'd need a NASA PC to run it

Except Arma 3 runs 10x better than Arma 2.

Now OPs points are pretty moot, because they've already chosen to stick with this shitty engine which makes everything he wants mostly impossible. I know Arma 2 had "destructible" buildings, but not really dynamic

Tell me ONE game, that made a complete game in 1 YEAR, with a small team, with a 225km map, with almost every building entrable, that doesn't have bugs and glitches, and don't copied and pasted their last game like COD, tell me.