exomonkeyman

Possible Hunger/Thirst Improvement.

Health.png?psid=1

Shows how hungry you actually are. Although almost all of it would be spam only be useful when it gets to %75 hungry. But you will know.

Guy.png?psid=1

Food%20%26%20Stuff.png?psid=1

Will show how much food could give back. Saves you having to eat lots & lots of food & water wondering when you will finally not be hungry or thirsty any more.

• Like 5

The little color changing box works for me. Do you really need a percentage number as well?

I'd be more concerned about them possibly pulling the little box outta the game as it wasn't intended to be in there at all. ;)

• Like 2

god idea, becuse u shuld feel all of this anyways :)

Edited by cadeudo

The little color changing box works for me. Do you really need a percentage number as well?

I'd be more concerned about them possibly pulling the little box outta the game as it wasn't intended to be in there at all. ;)

Actually i guess with the hole color changing this the % is pretty useless.

I like the idea, allows for efficiency the only problem is I would like to be able to turn the percentages on or off for more immersion.

Edited by Mcleane

Nice, I like the colour coded transition messages, it's nice and intuitive and the traffic light colour scheme works really well across all games. I agree with creature though, I personally would leave out the percentages on food etc on screen notifications, however they could be useful in the character UI screen. I think the less amount of text and stuff on screen while playing the better.

Still dont think you should have to eat 8 cans of food to go from 0%-100%+

I hate the idea of percentages.. I have no clue what percentage of hunger I currently have, nor do i have the technology to figure it out.

a vague idea, yes... not that hungry. but could eat a light snack.

I like the idea of the colour gradient, however, fewer options so you only have a ballpark of what range you're in, not 'oh snap its purple, im at %15 hunger!'

Nah the game is about authenticity, you yourself in real life dont know how hungry you are by a percentage.

• Like 1

Percentages or any kind of bar are a bit too far IMO as you could never know how close to starvation you are with the same accuracy in real life.

I think the idea of a wider spectrum of messages and colours to give you a better idea is great though.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

The hunger/thirst in this game isn't hard to manage at all once you figure it out, if anything it needs to be more difficult.

• Like 1

The hunger/thirst in this game isn't hard to manage at all once you figure it out, if anything it needs to be more difficult.

I'm surprised there are still people who haven't figured out that you need to eat and drink until you get the 'full' message.

It's like filling your gas tank just to the point where the 'emergency' light stops glowing, and complaining about the poor gas mileage.

Once you figure out that you need to eat and drink way more than just until the notification goes away, thirst and hunger is not an issue at all, perfectly manageable.

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 1

couldn't agree more to be honest.

Definitely great imagery to demonstrate your idea. Agree that percentage is a bit much, but the rest is great.

Nah the game is about authenticity, you yourself in real life dont know how hungry you are by a percentage.

I agree. I like this game because of the guessing and not knowing.  It makes it intense. Great idea man but not for this game.    

Still dont think you should have to eat 8 cans of food to go from 0%-100%+

I've thought of something that could sound logical and maybe is like this already:

"Maybe this changes with the addition of cooking and all, after all, in the mod cans regenerate very little blood compared to what cooked meats do, and here that could be the same but with hunger and energy points.

A full can (4 uses) could restore 10%/5% (2.5%/1.25% every full bite*)  (respectively) while meat (Let's suppose this is cow meat, and each bite takes 50% of it's use) could restore 50%/%25 (25%/12.5% per full bite*)

*Full bite in cans would actually be 25% of it's use. This would mean 25% of the can would regenerate 2.5%h and 1.25%e (hunger, energy) every time, if the bite consumes less than 25% a three-simple rule should be applied:

25% - 2.5

x% - y

x being the percentage consumed and y the percentage of hunger it should restore: (x*2.5)/25=y

This would mean every 1% consumed, the hunger restored would be 0.1%

Same procedure for energy:

25% - 1.25

x% - y

x being the percentage left on the can and y the percentage of energy it should restore: (x*1.25)/25=y

This would mean every 1% consumed, the energy restored would be 0.05%

Exact same procedure applies for meat."

Full post is regarding the saline effects: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158804-blood-bagssaline/

• Like 1

I've thought of something that could sound logical and maybe is like this already:

"Maybe this changes with the addition of cooking and all, after all, in the mod cans regenerate very little blood compared to what cooked meats do, and here that could be the same but with hunger and energy points.

A full can (4 uses) could restore 10%/5% (2.5%/1.25% every full bite*)  (respectively) while meat (Let's suppose this is cow meat, and each bite takes 50% of it's use) could restore 50%/%25 (25%/12.5% per full bite*)

*Full bite in cans would actually be 25% of it's use. This would mean 25% of the can would regenerate 2.5%h and 1.25%e (hunger, energy) every time, if the bite consumes less than 25% a three-simple rule should be applied:

25% - 2.5

x% - y

x being the percentage consumed and y the percentage of hunger it should restore: (x*2.5)/25=y

This would mean every 1% consumed, the hunger restored would be 0.1%

Same procedure for energy:

25% - 1.25

x% - y

x being the percentage left on the can and y the percentage of energy it should restore: (x*1.25)/25=y

This would mean every 1% consumed, the energy restored would be 0.05%

Exact same procedure applies for meat."

Full post is regarding the saline effects: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158804-blood-bagssaline/

Unsure of what your point is. The fact remains, any human having to eat 8-10 cans of beans to be full is ludicrous.

Amount it takes to restore Hunger to 100% needs to be decreased and less eatable foods need to be spawned, but you should have more time to search for said foods.

This will promote map exploration, cooperation, and still make you have a constant worry on ensuring your properly stocked. 

But most of all, would be much more realistic.