JohnFromSteam

KOS and stupidity

Hey everyone! I wanted to put my beans on the table and say this: KOS is APART OF HUMAN INTERACTION! Every survival game has it and people do it like in Nether, WarZ (ewww), and minecraft. The stupidity of this outrage is ridiculous and people *need* to understand that DayZ isn't the only game that allows you to do this. I don't mind the KOS in DayZ because DayZ has FREEDOM! To take KOS out of the game is dumb so do NOT take it out! Link this post to someone if they start to rage about KOS. Thanks for reading.

Edited by JohnFromSteam
  • Like 3

KOS is APART OF HUMAN INTERACTION!

I don't know how shooting an unsuspecting player can be classified as an interaction since communication is needed in order to interact. And KoS is similar to griefing in other games like Minecraft if you want a comparison unlike pvp which is part of every game involving groups and limited resources ( flag points, food etc. )

I don't think the majority expect it to be taken out of the game and I'm pretty sure it never will be.

What pisses some off is that due to lack of imagination, troll for lulz or other wise many aren't willing or able to play any differently than they do from a typical shootem up where killing is the only goal.

DayZ is a sandbox game which anything goes yet they refuse to think outside a their one dimensional square, others do and the two don't mix, thus the raaaaaaaaaage.

I don't know how shooting an unsuspecting player can be classified as an interaction since communication is needed in order to interact. And KoS is similar to griefing in other games like Minecraft if you want a comparison unlike pvp which is part of every game involving groups and limited resources ( flag points, food etc. )

Technically, it is human interaction. Interaction and communication are two VERY different things. Interaction = interacting with another player(s) as in shooting them or giving them something. Communication = communicating through a language or signs. 

The way I approach it is based off of the other person's reaction first. I try not to KoS. If someone sees my and immediately draws their weapon without getting on direct communication, I'm gonna shoot to kill. But if someone approaches and asks to barter, I won't kill them and I'll let them be. That being said, I agree that KoS is just another part of the game

Technically, it is human interaction. Interaction and communication are two VERY different things. Interaction = interacting with another player(s) as in shooting them or giving them something. Communication = communicating through a language or signs. 

Communication = waving hello to a player I just met. Interaction = getting shot by said player. Something like that?

• Like 1

If you are shot and your screen goes black and words appear saying you are dead, then you spawn on the coast.. How do you know it was a KoS killing? The killer is probably looting your body as you spawn back in on the coast!

So if the killer killed you for your loot then that doesnt make it a KoS Kill for Lulz does it.

My point is Why is everyone who gets shot presuming its a KoS kill for fun?

Communication = waving hello to a player I just met. Interaction = getting shot by said player. Something like that?

Yes. Those are examples.

KOS is apart of every online now days it seems....I don't mind it but damn when you spawn in and run around with nothing in your hand or backpack yet you get shot and then here (Laughing!!! I got your noob ass) that isn't playing the game right that's bringing COD into dayz.

At the end of the day it's like this ''deal with it OR find another game because as you can already see in standalone KOS is gonna be the main point to this game''

• Like 1

KOS is apart of every online now days it seems....I don't mind it but damn when you spawn in and run around with nothing in your hand or backpack yet you get shot and then here (Laughing!!! I got your noob ass) that isn't playing the game right that's bringing COD into dayz.

At the end of the day it's like this ''deal with it OR find another game because as you can already see in standalone KOS is gonna be the main point to this game''

In Call of Duty, you spawn with a gun. And it's not really find another game because all survival games have KOS, even minecraft. There are PvE servers and maybe rocket can implement that for the qqers so they can stop.

In Call of Duty, you spawn with a gun. And it's not really find another game because all survival games have KOS, even minecraft. There are PvE servers and maybe rocket can implement that for the qqers so they can stop.

*sigh* 

Not liking KOS mentality is not the same as not killing. I kill people and have no issue with being shot. What I hate is when someone spawns on the coast, runs about 20m and is shot in the head from someone camping the coast. What I hate is when I spawn and some other guy spawns nearby and runs at me trying to fist fight me to no single advantage to themselves. What? They need my shirt to tear into rags they now need because I hit them back and they are bleeding?

I kill people in the game and I get killed. I am fine with it. However I hate the, "Oh player. *bang*" mentality because most of the time it is stupid. I like the fact that other people are going to shoot at me and try and take my stuff... but... you know... maybe let people get stuff first? :) Shooting a newspawn and wasting 1/5 to 1/4 of your ammo doing it seems a bit, well, stupid to me. 

*sigh* 

Not liking KOS mentality is not the same as not killing. I kill people and have no issue with being shot. What I hate is when someone spawns on the coast, runs about 20m and is shot in the head from someone camping the coast. What I hate is when I spawn and some other guy spawns nearby and runs at me trying to fist fight me to no single advantage to themselves. What? They need my shirt to tear into rags they now need because I hit them back and they are bleeding?

I kill people in the game and I get killed. I am fine with it. However I hate the, "Oh player. *bang*" mentality because most of the time it is stupid. I like the fact that other people are going to shoot at me and try and take my stuff... but... you know... maybe let people get stuff first? :) Shooting a newspawn and wasting 1/5 to 1/4 of your ammo doing it seems a bit, well, stupid to me. 

Try not to interact with people who have a gun. Pro tip

Try not to interact with people who have a gun. Pro tip

Try not to say inane things that don't in any way refer to what I was talking about. Pro tip.

Try not to say inane things that don't in any way refer to what I was talking about. Pro tip.

Try not to be a smart ass while posting a irrelevant comment. Pro tip.