Sign in to follow this  
DayZbalkan

Too many barracks and Stary Sobor tents [appeal]

If the number of barracks was lowered I have absolutely no doubt that we would see 50% of the people in this thread on the forums complaining about how all the barracks are already looted and there are no guns and the game is broken and the apocalypse isn't as great as it was advertised as.

What really needs to happen is people need to be discouraged from immediately going straight to the nearest military base to push button and receive bacon. Why does everybody want a military weapon? Why is it the first thing everybody does? The idea of going looking for a high powered weapon should have multiple negative aspects to it. It should not be easy to get a weapon. It should commonly result in death. It should commonly result in failed attempts. It shouldn't be the first thing you do.

Again, I'd like to see military gear randomly spread across the whole map, not just few buildings but I have my doubts this is going to happen.

I wish all the weapons would have to be searched for in remote houses as well remote parts of the map but gear like NV's ballistic vests scopes would have the propability of spawning in military area.

Balota tents should be removed entirely while leaving the control tower + hangers. Players should have to move up north with their basic weapons to obtain military loot... Which provides a more natural progression.