Sign in to follow this  
DayZbalkan

Too many barracks and Stary Sobor tents [appeal]

Getting rid of loot spawns wont help the game at all, it wont reduce kos it wont reduce combat logging/server hopping all it will do is turn this game into 40 axe murderers running around trying to kill each other.

If barracks are the top end static spawns why not just keep them at NWAF? You can still have decent weapon spawns across the map like how Stary used to be for example, but people will still be drawn to NWAF for the really good stuff and that makes it a good hotspot for PvP. Having so many top-end spawns scattered across the map will mean on a 50 man server you can probably access the best loot (-heli crashes) without meeting anyone else, I've yet to meet anyone at NWAF while Ive been playing the SA, probably because they're all at the coast accessing the same loot 2 minutes after spawn...

Although I do agree with the OP atm you also need to remember at least 2 things here.

1) Rocket did say that his intent was to have up to 150 people on a server

2) The map is Chernarus + and is still under construction (just look at all those roads in the north, city layouts ect)

Atm there are to many barracks for 40 people on a server and yes they're all pretty much in the west part of the map but taking into account the above two reasons I wouldn't be to worried about it. Lets give the game and map at least 3 months of development before we start discussing balance issues :)

If barracks are the top end static spawns why not just keep them at NWAF? You can still have decent weapon spawns across the map like how Stary used to be for example, but people will still be drawn to NWAF for the really good stuff and that makes it a good hotspot for PvP. Having so many top-end spawns scattered across the map will mean on a 50 man server you can probably access the best loot (-heli crashes) without meeting anyone else, I've yet to meet anyone at NWAF while Ive been playing the SA, probably because they're all at the coast accessing the same loot 2 minutes after spawn...

because the spawn rate of the loot wont be same as it was in mod, where it would spawn 10 min after looted. if we just have as it was half of the map wont be played and might as well move to COD type map or whatever. My point is that this way we get rid of loot farms, every player get a good chance of finding loot in those areas and we are forced to scavenge around the map to get the supply we need to move around. This is a survival sim afterall

Loot tables aren't final. There are only two rifles, so they will appear much more frequently. Eventually, things will be re worked so that you can't get geared for combat in one hour. Mags will not come with Ammo, so it will be rare.

All the Hospitals are on the South/East of the map. If you want medical supplies you have to stray from the wild west.

have you even played SA?  The military camps and bases spawn plenty of medical loot.  Besides, there is a hospital at the first one north of Kamenka and another hospital at Zele.  The way the map is set up, you run "red route west" FTW  Food weapons and meds all in one easy 1 hour run.

And everyone else trying to do your little loot run will be standing in your way. 125 people between balota and zelengorsk.... Jesus Christ

And everyone else trying to do your little loot run will be standing in your way. 125 people between balota and zelengorsk.... Jesus Christ

Now Kamenka is better spawn than Elektro, Berezino. Cherno.

Fuck the Stary Sobor, Berezino, Elektro, Cherno, Krasnostav i want to be in near of KAMENKAAAAAA

Give it some time, this is the fourth week the game is released. Once they add zombies, and fix the loot tables even those barracks won't be enough for some of you.

For those who never really paid attention to the dev updates before SA came out. Their plan from my understanding is, the closer you are to the coast, the less chances of high end military loot. Sure Balota will have all those barracks, but they won't spawn the better weapons like the barracks at the NWAF or say NEAF(none yet at the moment). The map is still a work in progess. MANY areas are currently empty, see those random streets running into each other up north? Most likely a city will be added there.

So please be patient! It's only been a week and a few days, there are many changes to come.

When there is more loot in the game and the actual spawning system there won't be 12 m4s in every building.

cut the numbr of barracks to half of what it is now, spread them from zeleno to berezino, passing throug msta, dolina, mogilevka, etc. Stary should have a hospital at least, so it wouldnt be so useless as it is now.

I wouldn't mind less military, or more scattered, but they need more res weapons aswell 

I'm not bothered by the locations so much, just the probability rates. M4's are way too easy to find in the current build, combined with the server hopping and it's just a joke right how easy it is to get tooled up.

There's one factor the OP is forgetting: the frequency at which items spawn in baracks.

I think the higher number of barracks is an improvement if, at later stages of development, the spawnrate of gear goes down. That ensures military gear stays rare, that you won't be fully geared from walking through one or two bases and that the availability of it is spread over the map.

However right now it's more important for people to access all this gear easily for debugging purposes. Stuff like the magazines disappearing if you reload without inventory space wouldn't have been found if people rarely ever had weapons or magazines to begin with.

The problem is not the amount of buildings, it's that all the loot spawns on restart.

I like the barracks because they now don't spawn only weapons, but also other gear. And on the subject of too many barracks, you should be paying more attention to military offices. I can gear up about twice as fast from the military offices on that way.

And Stary Sobor. What the hell u do with it ? No tents, omg. Its our favorite city for pvp and loot in dayz but now there is nothing worth it.

you could just scoot over to the other new shiny pvp battle grounds, pvp is not hard bound to stary sobor.

although you can gear up elsewhere and arrange an epic squad fight in stary sobor with your favorite victims, if you so choose.

/sandbox

Pavlovo military base actually has 4 :P Either way. Leave one and send 2 over to NEAF. Been on servers in the mod where NEAF had 2 barracks. LOVED IT! Immedietly placed a spread on players and gave the entire map a good circulation

You are forgetting about all the T2 baracks. Add like another 6 or so to that count. They also have better loot that the T1 so in terms of loot its probably like 9 or 10 more baracks

Its way too early in development to start complaining about loot balance issues. Most loot is just place holders for stuff to come and test stability.

Don't let it worry you for now. 

I don't think the quantity of barracks is the problem, it's just the difficulty to get in and the quantity of what spawns inside. Balota for instance should be a bitch to even get close to, I mean it's a military base with an airfield and a field hospital probably set up to deal with the sick from Cherno and you have the town of Balota close.... that place should be completely overrun by zombies. So if you want to loot the place you better come in numbers and prepared and even then it's a roll of the dice if you'll find something inside that was worth it.

i would really love to see this