Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Bogan

500,000 Dayz Milestone

Omg what have we done??

Congrats Dayz Dev's and community seems the game can't be that bad... Right??

Potentially a contender for best game of the year 2014??

CpbGH6X.png

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Potentially a contender for best game of the year 2014??

Sorry about derailing the hype train to go off topic, but wouldn't it have to be GOTY 2013 since it released this year. Gotta say these alpha and beta release business models make me uncertain though.

I wonder if they have any legal obligation to the customers to finish the game, or if they could just say "it's finished" then bounce.

• Like 1

I wonder if they have any legal obligation to the customers to finish the game, or if they could just say "it's finished" then bounce.

Definitely the latter, but let's have faith.

I would not have dared guess that it will reach 500K nearly this fast.

Edited by KeelPool

I will personally hunt down each employee and force them to work for me to finish the game,,,,

Considering the mod had 2.7 million players i'm not that surprised. 

As far as finishing the game - Rocket didn't start this project to make money, he created a mod he wanted to play - i highly doubt there is any chance of him scarpering off to the Bahamas any time soon.

Though i admit $5 million in a suitcase, cocktails on a beach and babes all around would be tempting......

Considering the mod had 2.7 million players i'm not that surprised. 

7BV9viM.png <<<< Source dayzmod.com

Sorry about derailing the hype train to go off topic, but wouldn't it have to be GOTY 2013 since it released this year. Gotta say these alpha and beta release business models make me uncertain though.

But it is not released this year is it? Like this is alpha build, not even finished product as I understood it when I bought access to the Alpha build. Still need to go through beta to release!

7BV9viM.png <<<< Source dayzmod.com

That counter stopped working in about Dec 2012, but hey what's a million players give or take?

• Like 2

That counter stopped working in about Dec 2012, but hey what's a million players give or take?

Well you learn something new everyday ;)

• Like 1

People forget the developers of dayz have been paid already, they earn a salary so these sales only reflect their hard work an do not convert back to them as money in their pockets!

However it dose alow the company to expand and employ more staff ( not for dayz development ) but as company resources to be used where deemed fit to do so.

Simple economics.

Yes dayz will be continually worked on but people should not expect these sales to convert in to game development speed, it simply dose not work like that.

Well, well. I guess the haters who predicted DayZ is not going to live up to it's hype were wrong after all :P

Hype is over. DayZ is ded geim. Me and my friends won't buy it because it has taken so long...

Most sold game over the christmas sale except that couple hours Skyrim sale. :rolleyes:

Loads of money to invest in a futuristic science-fiction combat simulator...yea i went there! Seriously though i would be interested if they did something futuristic along the lines of Mechwarrior Online, They defo have the skills to do it but i might be a niche market.