Sign in to follow this  
TheStevieJ

Am I not healing due to a glitch?

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but for around 5-6 hours game time i've been in grey vision.

I've been stuffed on water / food multiple times and made sure so and i'm just not recovering any vision. I really dont know what to do to heal my health, I just seem to not be able to regen >_<?

From what i believe your food and water levels have to be above a certain level before the healing process starts..

I've been stuffed numerous amount of times and still nothing. It is annoying, due to the complete trash FPS in towns, apparently this 'grey vision' worsens your FPS then having colour for some reason, so It's so god damn laggy with another disadvantage of crappy vision D:

I am not sick, I am perfectly healthy, nothing wrong with me at all, trying to find a fix for this as its been hours and hours, really do not wanna have to die for my vision back, with the equipment I have.

I think it's currently broken. Done numerous tests. The only surefire way to fix it is a saline bag.

Sorry, I am really really new to DayZ not played the mod.. Is it a Saline Bag combined with a Blood Pack then put it in myself?

Does it say "healing" in the top right of your player section in the tab menu (Where it tells you if you're hungry)?

Saline IV is a Saline bag with an IV start Kit added to it, Stevie.

Oh okay, and that will heal me? I can use it myself? Also you can combine the Saline + IV start together ? An beck, no it does not.

Saline IV is a Saline bag with an IV start Kit added to it, Stevie.

Bingo. Blood bags aren't worth the trouble currently. Stick an IV start kit on a saline bag and enjoy color once again.

Do I just right click on one of the two when they are both on my person and it will have a combine option or do I drag / drop one on top of each other and bam done? Also, can I use it on myself? I do not need another person to do it for me?

Edited by TheStevieJ

Do I just right click on one of the two when they are both on my person and it will have a combine option or do I drag / drop one on top of each other and bam done? Also, can I use it on myself? I do not need another person to do it for me?

Drag the IV start kit to the saline bag. Make sure the saline bag is in your inventory, not in hand and not in another container. It'll give you the option to combine. Then stick it in your hand, scroll wheel, and you should have the option to apply it to yourself.

Thank you very much! :D

Anytime.

One other tip: When you're dragging items to another, the dragged item will change color. Red means you can't place that item there, like putting Mosin ammo in an M4 magazine. Doesn't work. If it changes to blue, it means you're swapping the item for another, and the two items will take each others' place. If it turns orange, it means the items can be combined to form another item, like putting an FNX magazine into an FNX gun. Sometimes it's easier to carry items combined. For example, if you have a gas stove and a gas container, combine the two and you can save space.

Be safe out there.

• Like 1

In order to heal you require: Energy above 3500 and Water above 3000

Foods like Cereal, (Rice aswell I am guessing) REDUCE your water levels.  So even tho you are "stuffed"  if you ate these foods your water level may be too low to regenerate.

I also am guessing that some foods may satisfy your Hunger level, but not give you much actual Energy.

Edited by rassad

Well Sir, Was in the same situation as you not more then 20 minuets ago. BUT! There is hope! Without a saline bag even! I stuffed myself on a whole bag of rice and a box of ceral, Then a can of beans and some sardines. Went to the nearest water and drank about 25 times untill the message telling me im really full kept coming up on my screen. I then found myself a nice bush, sat down, and got on forums seeing if this would really regen my health. Searching through a few threads like this i thought i had no hope and should have just died and not ran from Mr. Mosin in the woods. But i got back on and saw! My screen was no longer grey, It was changing colors faster then i ever thought. So, i can prove, atleast for me, that eating and drinking to full will help. I'm not so sure about the bluring screen, but for grey, it works. :)

And after typing this i opened my Day Z page and im back to FULL color!

Edited by JaqHusto
  • Like 1

I have had trouble regening in the past and i believe it was because i was running everywhere. It seems you need to have full energy/water and not be expending any of it to regen. so find yourself some cover, gorge yourself and wait

It works it just takes a ton of food and drink to get it above the healing level. You'll have to stuff yourself from an empty stomach half a dozen times or more.

When you are stuffed it isn't saying anything about your food/water levels, just how full your stomach is.

So, eat 2-3 tins of food, then drink from a well until completely full. Go about your business for 10-15 min and repeat.

The nice thing is that once you reach the healing/healthy level its easy to maintain it. I also take vitamins like once a day, not sure if it helps though.

• Like 1

Is there a way to see your levels such as energy level? Maybe that could be it? Can it regen by sitting? If so how do I sit >_<?

Drag the IV start kit to the saline bag. Make sure the saline bag is in your inventory, not in hand and not in another container. It'll give you the option to combine. Then stick it in your hand, scroll wheel, and you should have the option to apply it to yourself.

Also, you can not apply this to yourself, there is no option to do so.

Two days ago I got shot and bandaged up and ate what seemed to be 20 cans of food and 6 canteens of water(exaggeration). The "Healing" indicator did not come on for a good 20 minutes after being stuffed. Not sure if it's because I fully stopped moving or just luck.

Is there a way to see your levels such as energy level? Maybe that could be it? Can it regen by sitting? If so how do I sit >_<?

I believe its f1 to sit. Also, to my knowledge you cannot check energy levels.