Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Do you prefer Mosin or M4?

Playing not in a group, what primary weapon do you prefer?

1. high range and single shot (with scope)

2. mid-range and automatic (with scope)

Does the Mosin at all have an advantage over M4 in long distances (whatever 'long' may be)?

Does the Mosin at all have an advantage over M4 in long distances (whatever 'long' may be)?

Yeah... It looks fantastic.

EDIT:

The M4 has another advantage, plentyful ammo. I just can't seem to find any for the Mosin.

Edited by Max Planck
Oh yeah, topic.

Depends on what role I am playing.

I always look for people to group up.

in most situations the M4 trumps. 

Mosin, I love this kind of guns, I don't know ehy but it feels amazing, that precision and long range, very powerful weapon if used by a skilled player

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 3

if your in a group its good if you have 1 or 2 guys with a mosin

the mosin guys sit on a observation post and secure the guys looting  with their m4

Edited by admiral23
  • Like 2

I like the looks of mosin and bolt action guns but game mechanic and specifficaly infinite stamina of players that allow them to run 24/7 makes this gun require much more skill then it is pleasant to use it.

So to not get in rage I'm taking m4, becouse it packs more bullets in magazine and high rate of fire allows to hit running targets just fine.

If you spot first stationary target at 400+ meters then yes. But this is highly unlikely as 90% of encounters is on distance less then 200 meters.

Yeah... It looks fantastic.

EDIT:

The M4 has another advantage, plentyful ammo. I just can't seem to find any for the Mosin.

For me its the other way...i just cant find the gun but i have no problem findin the ammo for it.... :(

And yeah, i prefer the Mosin over the M4

Edited by XjoseX

I prefer the mosin. I keep the fnx and two clips on hand and at the steady position when in buildings.

• Like 2

I prefer the Mosin, with that LRS it is a lovely sniper.

I prefer the mosin. I keep the fnx and two clips on hand and at the steady position when in buildings.

Same here, that pistol can be pretty effective.

Mosin with LRS and bipod seems to do it for me. I'm not into sniping people but its perfect for scouting area, before moving in.

you can find a mosin like alltimes in the top room of the school ( me and my mates found it like 18 / 20 times there )

schools are in electro / cherno / vibor/ berenzino and some other towns i dont remember now ^^ haha

I'd rather have a Mosin and use a pistol when looting indoors.

Which doesn't actually make all that much sense. I hope they improve the accuracy and damage of the M4 and make it one of the better weapons in the entire game. M4 should be coveted.

Mosin in hands, m4 over shoulder when traveling. I drop the Mosin (hopefully to pick it up again, depending on buggyness) and switch to the m4 when I get to a dangerous area.

Edit:Bezzi, I have found an LRS before, but it wouldn't attach to the Mosin. Are there multiple variation of this scope? Or am I missing something else?

Edited by NonRandom

I am not a big fan of the Mosin, but don't really like the sniper role in this game. I also am bias towards to the M4 due to my RL career choices.

I am a medic and would not mind just using pistols but I can't find the revolver and finally found my first mag for the .45 today.

Bezzi, I have found an LRS before, but it wouldn't attach to the Mosin. Are there multiple variation of this scope? Or am I missing something else?

Every LRS should fit to mosin, even the ruined one should work fine.