Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Night time exploit

You can disable clouds in option and they are gone completly.

Doing this during night allow you to always have "cloudless" nights, meaning great vision.

to bad night time just tells everyone to switch servers to chase day, at this point night time might as well be removed from the game

Doing this during night allow you to always have "cloudless" nights, meaning great vision.

Happenz but the Problem was already listed in the upcoming development to avoid brightness and Gamma Advantage. The clouds may be a Point to remove in Options.

At all wait for the upcoming development ans use the search Funktion to avoid double Poster Topics.

#Close

Greetings

ReDim42

But the clouds are so damn pretty!

I just can't. 

• Like 1

to bad night time just tells everyone to switch servers to chase day, at this point night time might as well be removed from the game

Srsly for People who dont Play at night, they should stop plaing this Game. Cause night is the cool Thing in this Game. Stealth killing ans scaring People are so Much Fun.

If they remove the abuse of brightness and gamma Much is done.

Greeting

ReDim42

Edited by ReDim42
  • Like 2

No.

Some of us enjoy the challenge. The gamma kids ruin it for the rest of us.

• Like 6

Srsly for People who dont Play at night, they should stop plaing this Game. Cause night is the cool Thing in this Game. Stealth killing ans scaring People are so Much Fun.

If they remove the abuse of brightness and gamma Much is done.

Greeting

ReDim42

removing the gamma slider from the game wont stop me from going into my video card settings and cranking it up and getting the same advantage, and thats something they cant stop me from doing. so in the end day time is the only time to play

removing the gamma slider from the game wont stop me from going into my video card settings and cranking it up and getting the same advantage, and thats something they cant stop me from doing. so in the end day time is the only time to play

That's pretty pathetic

• Like 8

If gamma is removed from game u will not be able to do it on card even if you do it it will not change game gamma but monitor...

Still u wont See that far and good. Last time i plaied at a Server with Nice night Settings. There i had Gamma brightness and clouds off and it was still Dark.

Seems like the Server cofiguration can Change alot.

Idk about this because when I turn my clouds ON I see better at night time so idk if it is only me or what.

Don't even need to touch gamma when I can remove clouds.

If gamma is removed from game u will not be able to do it on card even if you do it it will not change game gamma but monitor...

crank up my cards gamma/brightness it will do the same as if i do it in game, and if they remove the sliders thats what all the "pro" night time players will end up doing. day time is the only time to play if you dont want to deal with people messing with gamma/brightness.

• Like 1

night time is best time :)

for atmosphere ;)

for stealth play and avoid player so you don't get KoS and after coming to forums cry like baby stop the KoS :o

for make surprise on already fright guys  :D

real man turn cloud on highest setting for night time only for full affect B)

• Like 1

Don't worry about night play Dean knows the best how should night be... and he will test everything before final release...

Actually turning clouds off at night makes everything completely black.  Shadows play a role in it as well but not as much.  You can't see anything without a flashlight when you have clouds and shadows turned off.  The first day SA came out and I was adjusting my settings I turned off clouds hoping to get better fps.  It greatly helped my fps, but I couldn't see anything at all if I didn't have a flashlight.  My friends and I couldn't find out why they could see fairly well and I couldn't.  The next day I restored my graphic settings to default and I could finally see.  So the point is, if you turn off clouds, it makes it harder to see.

I love night time scavanging. Its so immersive. Call me crazy. But that's part of the reason I play it. My only complaints is not being able to play this at ultrahigh.

Actually turning clouds off at night makes everything completely black.  Shadows play a role in it as well but not as much.  You can't see anything without a flashlight when you have clouds and shadows turned off.  The first day SA came out and I was adjusting my settings I turned off clouds hoping to get better fps.  It greatly helped my fps, but I couldn't see anything at all if I didn't have a flashlight.  My friends and I couldn't find out why they could see fairly well and I couldn't.  The next day I restored my graphic settings to default and I could finally see.  So the point is, if you turn off clouds, it makes it harder to see.

Could be also that I have everything turned off/disabled or on very low.

Don't even need to touch gamma when I can remove clouds.

remove clouds and you remove the moon also, no moon = no vision

remove clouds and you remove the moon also, no moon = no vision

I removed clouds and I see moon just fine.

Also I cranked up gamma and I see everything like with "grey" NVG's.

Some people stated that you actually see better with clouds on max. settings. I love playing at night. Especially on a low pop. server, with only a few people online, while it is past 11pm in RL, too. You meet a lot of friendlies then...

I would love playing in the night,immersive,a bit creepy and silent.But i lost my flashlight and my headtorch does not work(put a battery in and turned it on but it doesn't work)

So i play in the daylight.

I think that just makes you a jackass

Hey guys I used the search function instead of making a new thread!!!

I am in some woods near windy mountain. There is a full moon out.

Here is the game with default brightness/gamma

2013-12-31_00003_zps072d8cbb.jpg

Here is the game with brightness/gamma cranked up

2013-12-31_00004_zps4a513bce.jpg

Now here is the game with brightness/gamma cranked up and clouds turned off

2013-12-31_00005_zps043a4a32.jpg

***EDIT*** These screenshots are actually DARKER than what it looks like in my game for some reason. With no clouds I can see anything moving to the fog line provided there is no intervening terrain.

Pretty much black and white daytime. I can see all the things and I can and do shoot all the things that run around and based on the fact that I have been shot while remaining perfectly still in a tree from 500+ meters away at night shows that many people do this.

I think limiting how high the brightness/gamma settings can go and either fixing the cloud thing or disabling the ability to turn them off is needed. Flashlights have no purpose, even the one on my gun is basically just a sign that says "Insert bullet here". To anyone with hardware issues that need to turn clouds off. Sorry, no mercy. Get a better rig or go back to console gaming.

Edited by Mannschaft
  • Like 2