gaznox

Suggestion: Zombie Mode From Being Bitten

I always thought it would be fun to play as a zombie in DayZ. The way I see it working is if a player is attacked by a zombie and begins to bleed, when the player dies, he will wake up 10 seconds later in the same position with the same gear on but with a new zombie skin. He should be able to run 1.5 the speed of a normal players sprint and have no stamina loss. His only attacked would be the melee swipe zombies normally have. 

It would also slightly address the KoS dilemma because their would be added danger when killing players. You'l never know when the person your looking will rise from the dead!

What are thoughts?

• Like 1

The zeds aren't dead, they are living humans.

It would be hard to make a mechanic that allowed players to become zeds without dying, though maybe it could be put in as the endpoint of one of the diseases?

I wouldn't care much for it though, would rather respawn.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

I would add that a player that is a zombie should always have the option to suicide/respawn if he wants. This would just be an added mode after some deaths.

• Like 1

Looks like someone has been playing Contagion, Its a good idea but it might be too complex with the engine thats being used unless as Max said its made into an Auto-Script of a virus or something.

Seems like something that would just be abused.

Need a scout? Have one of your guys die and sprint ahead of your team to the next destination.

Want to troll? Go run on the coast and harass fresh spawns who are powerless against you.

I'm sure there are more creative things that could be done but I've never been a fan of these suggestions for DayZ where people become the "zombies".

• Like 1

Well it could be done with extreme limitations on the undead character, namely 3rd person disabled. not being able to use anything but bare fists, can't open/close doors etc.

It's been done in previous "zombie esque" mods that predate the DayZ mod for Arma. So I know it can be done; it was a little different in the fact that the player zombies were AI controlled rather than the player assuming control of the zombified character. Which I would be all for, only if the player was killed by a zombie, not another player.

I don't have an issue with a zombie gameplay feature. But i don have an issue with being forced to play a zombie.

They are not undead.

They are not dead.

They are living! Liviiing!

• Like 2

I did a post like this. Same idea but if you die you spawn as a zed and your only mission is to feed just like the survivor you can starve if you don't feed. This would make zeds much harder and add a hole new feel to the game.

They are not undead.

They are not dead.

Theres always one crazy dude who thinks the undead are misunderstood living beings who just want to have a hug :P

Edited by Clarkeh

They are not undead.

They are not dead.

Theres always one crazy dude who thinks the undead are misunderstood living beings who just want to have a hug :P

No. Really.

They are not dead.

The zombies in DayZ are living humans suffering from a virus, just like in the movie '28 Days Later'.