McPoopyBalls

Is clothing just for looks?

Does wearing a helmet offer more protection then a hat? Or is clothing just for looks?

Edited by McPoopyBalls

As far as i know it already protects you (less danger of bleeding).

Edited by Nesuma

Theoretically yes, probably will be implemented down the road, but right now I don't know. Between hit discrepancies on the server end or lag between players, theres no way to know besides lining people up with and without helmets and shooting them in the head...I personally dont wear them as i dont think they actually offer protection yet and i dont plan on getting shot in the head 

You should see me in my ballerina dress!!

auajeEr.jpg                           <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< They call me the nut cracker :D

Wearing a helmet should give you extra protection but i'm not sure if it's been implemented yet.

• Like 2

Ill put it this way, I haven't seen the helmet saving any lives....if you are in a scenario where it might make a difference, chances are you're gonna get hit in the torso and die anyway

You should see me in my ballerina dress!!

auajeEr.jpg                           <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< They call me the nut cracker :D

Wearing a helmet should give you extra protection but i'm not sure if it's been implemented yet.

I would run for my life if I would came across you in that dress.

• Like 1

At the moment i think clothing helps in regards to bleeding damage and infection rates from zombies.

I think it might.. i have found pristine stuff and gone head to head with zed's and have not bled where new spawns get hit once and are bleeding.

When it begins raining in SA, certain items will give you protection against hypothermia effects etc.

Does the type of clothing matter against bleeding, or only its condition? After watching the video Frosti linked, I conclude that wearing an army helmet does offer limited protection to the head. I wonder if other clothes have more/less protection as well.

Yes, clothing does have effects. As Demon said, clothing offers protection against bleeding and infection. Ballistic helmet will stop at least one head shot bullet. The motorcycle helmet does help against being knocked unconscious from shock (wont help against low blood pass outs). Clothing can (and will) get damp, which increases your chance of getting sick, raincoats (I imagine) keep you dry (I really have yet to see rain myself) The levels of damage to clothing does not seem to change the amount of protection they offer like on a scale.  I could be wrong here, but anecdotally it seems they work until ruined.

As far as i can tell a hoodie offers more protection than a Tshirt. I'm not sure if the condition is in effect or not though.

I would think that they would patch in temperature etc back in in future patches like the mod had

and i suppose that it is then that clothing will matter a lot compared to now where only body armor / helmets really do something

As far as i known...it does...but who knows ;)

This would be quite interesting. They said they would include that system. It makes the game more authentic and immersive. Temperature plays a big role. "I feel cold" "I am freezing" "I can't feel my toes anymore" etc. as a message, a statur bar in the inventory like for food and drink. I guess as long as you cannot make a campfire amongst other things, the system is disabled. But I sure HOPE it will be fully decked out sometime in the future.

Shouldnt clothing be in abundance to find in almost every building ? Or did all the citizens pack up all their clothes . " Zombie Apocalypse is happening Honey pack all our clothes ! "

Pristine Ballistic helmet personally saved my life, knocked me unconscious... But survived nonetheless. 

The helmets and ballistic vest work, but I feel he hasn't configured damage reduction with all the other (regular) clothes. I was in full TTsKO uniform with a UK tactical vest and a zombie still made me bleed in 1 hit to the chest. Sounds a bit illogical.

Clothing does offer protection, but also don't underestimate the power of "just looks." It's a huge tactical advantage to be able to dress like your friends and squad mates.

• Like 1

I carry a tee + tac shirt + raincoat.  You know it's going to come into play sooner or later, my tee was worn but it was disinfected before I wore it, same for my worn boots, all adds to the immersion. i'd imagine it will get cold at night, not to mention getting wet.