bebopspeedy

Important! Is it to be? Or not to be?

Hello! Ladies and gentlemen my name is Delbert, I suspect the majority who read this have bought DayZ Standalone in its Alpha state and will disregard everything I say, oh well. I have followed many people over youtube, watching them play DayZ. And, I dont know about you, but I find it isnt as much fun to watch as it is to actually play.Unlike some kids my age. Myself and my family could not afford to get me a PC good enough to run this beautiful game we call DayZ, on the bright side, there were able to buy me a PS4, Im hoping they will be able to get me one, or me get myself one soon, but until then, ever since Dean stating he hopes to port to consoles Ive held up hope he follows through. With the success dayZ is going through there is no doubt he will. I hope to one day be able to play DayZ, and make friends, scavenge buildings, have exciting unique interactions with players. My point is, I hope he ports it, why? because im positive there are many guys like myself and many more who may or may not be able to afford to go out and buy a PC to run and play this, Please, if you show support for my views/ideas, do not hesitate to leave a "comment" on this topic,

----------

Name: Delbert,

Sex: Male

Reason Being Here: Hope for a console port.

Edited by PleaseDean

I would say, no way in hell this game gets a port.

Hey there,

There will most likely not be a console port in the next year. This is because, as you stated, the game is still in alpha. It wouldn't make sense to port an incomplete game over to consoles and market it as a complete game. You can think of it like Minecraft; upon release it was very raw. after a long open development period it finally released at 1.0 and not long after, a console port was released.

Now, I'm not confirming a console port after release nor am I denying a console port before one, but the logical conclusion and the one I've been hearing is that after the game is finally released as a full game, a console port will likely be considered.

Well, it wouldn't affect the PC players in any way, so I don't see why not.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

Why do you think/say that? I dont mean for the alpha, I mean in the future, when possibilities could open, and then I could finally have a chance to get my hands on this,

"Hey there,

There will most likely not be a console port in the next year. This is because, as you stated, the game is still in alpha. It wouldn't make sense to port an incomplete game over to consoles and market it as a complete game. You can think of it like Minecraft; upon release it was very raw. after a long open development period it finally released at 1.0 and not long after, a console port was released.

Now, I'm not confirming a console port after release nor am I denying a console port before one, but the logical conclusion and the one I've been hearing is that after the game is finally released as a full game, a console port will likely be considered."

Thank you, I understand theres, large development to be done, an in a way i feel like I would be meant to be a PC gamer. As a shit ton of PC games disappoint me as they are not available on console, as for example DayZ, Ive been itching to get my hands on something like that for a long time,

Edited by PleaseDean

No Offense but you are not old enough to play it anyway. Why bother ?!

No Offence taken. Might I ask, who you are to decide, weather or not I am old enough to play a game like this? look at todays generation, my brother, 4 years younger than me, him an his friends playing GTAV, and Im not old enough to play a game of this content?

"Hey there,

Now, I'm not confirming a console port after release nor am I denying a console port before one, but the logical conclusion and the one I've been hearing is that after the game is finally released as a full game, a console port will likely be considered."

Thank you, I understand theres, large development to be done, an in a way i feel like I would be meant to be a PC gamer. As a shit ton of PC games disappoint me as they are not available on console, as for example DayZ, Ive been itching to get my hands on something like that for a long time,

Believe me, I know your pain. I've had DayZ sitting in my library for a few months and I can't run it to save my life lest my PC burst into flames.

No Offense but you are not old enough to play it anyway. Why bother ?!

Correct me if I'm wrong but age ratings are parental advisory, as in if his parents consent then he is good to go. Don't quote me on that, though.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

Porting Arma2 to ps4.

LOLOL

I dont really see a "lol" In that suggestion, if DayZ Standalone oes eventually get ported to console, then there is a large chance. maybe not Arma2, but maybe Arma3  or whatever comes after.

Why do you think/say that? I dont mean for the alpha, I mean in the future, when possibilities could open, and then I could finally have a chance to get my hands on this,

Becaus IMHO they will never optimize it too run good enough a high end PC even. So you can imagine how It would run on a console.

Becaus IMHO they will never optimize it too run good enough a high end PC even. So you can imagine how It would run on a console.

Think of it like the Minecraft to Xbox conversion, Yeah, sure as hell wont be the same, nor the best, but at least id have my taste for DayZ satisfied.

I dont really see a "lol" In that suggestion, if DayZ Standalone oes eventually get ported to console, then there is a large chance. maybe not Arma2, but maybe Arma3  or whatever comes after.

When standalone MIGHT be able to be ported and that's a huge if. Game the scale of ArmA3 could never be ported to a console. Even the amount of controls would overwhelm the controller.

Think of it like the Minecraft to Xbox conversion, Yeah, sure as hell wont be the same, nor the best, but at least id have my taste for DayZ satisfied.

Well, Minecraft is the other way around. Mojang did a complete rewrite of the game for Xbox, since the PC version is made in Java.

The Xbox version is made in C++ / C# and is much better as of this.

But I still see no way this team could pull of a port of this game for a console. At the current dev pace it would take 40 years. Maybe you will se DayZ 0.0.31 on Playstation XIV (14)

Edited by prix

Well, Minecraft is the other way around. Mojang did a complete rewrite of the game for Xbox, since the PC version is made in Java.

The Xbox version is made in C++ / C# and is much better as of this.

But I still see no way this team could pull of a port of this game for a console. At the current dev pace it would take 40 years. Maybe you will se DayZ 0.0.31 on Playstation XIV (14)

Oh well. All I can do is hope. 

Anyone who has every played an Arma game knows it is pretty much impossible to port it to a console. This is mainly because of the massive amount of key bindings needed that cannot be supported on a normal game pad. Also the engine arma in general uses is very processor(cpu) intensive and consoles generally have very weak processors(cpu) compared to their computer counter parts. Unless BIS either massivly optimizes Dayz for consoles or consoles become orders of magnitudes more powerful, there will not be a port.

A Linux port would be rather useful so we can play on a SteamBox.

Not much reason to run Windows after that.

• Like 1

A Linux port would be rather useful so we can play on a SteamBox.

Not much reason to run Windows after that.

I would love If Linux was even near windows in hardware compatability. But it's not, not even a little. :(

If you can afford a ps4 why couldnt you skip the ps4 instead and build a budget pc to run the game  hell for what the next gen consoles cost i built my lil bro a pc that more than runs current games including the standalone yes it may not be some uber crazy rig but it runs it on normal

for the price of all the parts i put together :/  just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Instead of buying a PS4 you could just bought a new PC , good enough to run DayZ and many other games

And i call bullshit you can afford to buy PS4 and buy games to PS4 and you couldn't buy a PC

I really dont buy the excuse of, they werent able to buy me a decent PC but it did get a 400 euro playstation 4. Except if you live in one of those countries where everything is a lot more expensive, but then you could still buy a cheap motherboard, AMD quad-core etc. and spend more on the videocard because thats what makes it "beautiful". And no game makes use of more than four cores yet, it's coming but not yet very prominent.

It's really not a 'beautiful game'.

Users with better hardware than you would disagree.

OP - You'd be better off spending the next year getting a part time job and earning the money for a PC on your own, instead of waiting to have on bought for you. I also don't think this will see a console release for the reason cited above; the controls. I just don't see all of DayZ's functionality being translated onto either of the console's pads successfully.

• Like 2

I would love If Linux was even near windows in hardware compatability. But it's not, not even a little. :(

You must be using the Linux of ten years ago.

I can pretty much plug anything I need into a Linux machine today and no searching around for drivers; it Just Works™.

Conversely, I'm having all sorts of problems getting working drivers for some of my hardware with the latest versions of Windows. Just today, my arguably still excellent EMU10K1 sound card worked on Linux just by inserting it in the system. On Windows there is no longer an official driver and the third party stuff seems nearly unworkable.

With all my Valve games and business apps now running natively on Linux, my last remaining reason to run Windows is DayZ.

Valve have been offering assistance and incentives to port for the Steam Box platform so I have to wonder if this has been offered to Bohemia.