Sign in to follow this  
gamer222

how to discourage killing on sight - Rocket reat this

Make psychological balance, something like your health meter and very simple ...more you kill zombies and help others your meter will go towards the good, but if you kill humans your meter will went from bad to crazy for example, how this will discourage people shooting randomly, well first off all you could create some kind dizziness shaking when you aim, blurry black and white screen, your hunger is faster etc...

I don't really like it; it's too similar to the humanity that represented the mod and even that was good/bad. Killing on sight is too frowned upon and it's a part of the game. Playing DayZ is like playing rolling the dice and gamble your life. It's the risks you put for yourself like the other factors of taking care of your character.

For myself, I don't kill others. I simply just hide and observe to see whether I can trust them or not, in most cases this is not possible to team up with them due to my other experiences of getting killed.

At this point, we play the game for the experience and the thrill we felt from the mod. I see it more of a survival game than PvP. It's not always about winning or losing, it's just about how you enjoy the game.

Edited by TIC321

And who is to say killing other humans is bad and killing zombies is good?

Are these YOUR moral beliefs?

Im sure there are many who disagree with you and your moral beliefs

Happy christmas

No.

But, this does give me an idea. Introduce adrenaline into the game, in times of crisis players will gain better stamina. Killing lots of players will remove this effect.

Make psychological balance, something like your health meter and very simple ...more you kill zombies and help others your meter will go towards the good, but if you kill humans your meter will went from bad to crazy for example, how this will discourage people shooting randomly, well first off all you could create some kind dizziness shaking when you aim, blurry black and white screen, your hunger is faster etc...

I don't know how many times this has been proposed and how many times people have said it is a stupid idea.

Sorry Dayz 3000 looks like the tribe has spoken..

Lol okay then I don't know why people complaining about KOS it's funny...

Lol okay then I don't know why people complaining about KOS it's funny...

I commend you for trying to come up with a solution :D

Unfortunately people will always complain about KOS no matter what...

But the reality is without it this game will die...

The sooner people understand that the better...

I commend you for trying to come up with a solution :D

Unfortunately people will always complain about KOS no matter what...

But the reality is without it this game will die...

The sooner people understand that the better...

That's asking too much. Since a lot of them just want to go full carebear mode. I seen a lot of games go from greatness to utterly mocked due to the carebear swarm... I really hope DayZ isn't one of these games in the future.

Edited by SeekerScorpio
  • Like 1

People complain because dying in this game means that you potentially lost hours of work. And they automatically assume that the person killing them had absolutely no good reason to.

I always handle my shit, sometimes it takes two hands.

• Like 1

If like to see leaderboards yeah sure BUT then it becomes a race and a challenge to get to the top making the situation worse lol!

I'm not a fan of KoS because I love the unique interactions you can come across playing with other people. However, without it this game will most likely die because many people love the pvp aspect and it is necessary because it adds to the tension of survival. There are already some subtle mechanics that deter people from KoS'ing, like ruining the gear you would like to loot from them. If the devs introduced another SUBTLE mechanic like the current one (or when they make zombies harder to kill) then KoS may be reduced, but it will NEVER be eliminated! A morality system is not the answer and rocket has already stated that he dislikes the bandit system from the mod. In my experience, people are more useful alive and watching my back but there will always be the Governors of the world.

Is that realistic? Does everyone who kills people to survive have those symptoms? 

When you kill people in dayz, you're really hurting real people, you're taking away what they worked for and interrupting their game, ruining their fun. 

You're supposed to "role play" yourself in dayz and behave like a real person. If you lose sleep or have anxiety attacks because of your grief over hurting people in dayz, then that's one thing. 

Forcing people who don't to watch dumb animations is another thing entirely. 

If I were in a real apocalypse scenario survival situation, the first grenade that I would be able to lay my hands on, would go in my backpack's side pocket unpinned :p