calemus

rockets disapointment

first before i get to the topics

i'd like to thank "arronassasin" for helping me to finally see what it is like for a bully (bandit) to whimp out in a fair fight and combat log.

somewhere around 10 pm EST, @ the NEAF.

if dev's make a way for us to check our current server, or look back at what we were on last it would allow us to give time/place specific details as to jerks like arron

well rocket your faith in humanity was a good effort.

sadly the kidnaping feature is only used to make sure people can be tied up and striped of thier gear before thier killed

the PVP'rs are only here to kill. thats all this game is. the item degradation only make it more of a challange. more enjoyable.

i have tried to be friendly with a number i have lost count with and they all have attacked me, and the one who had nothing to attack with flipped me off to my face as i had weapons & he just had fists. i didnt even know that was an option in the game. he put his fists up and cama at me,,,not sure why he didnt punch. i let him live.

it seems a point of common use to ask if some one has food or drink,,check your inventory

then while your in there they rush you and knock you out

friendlies beware of that tactic. your good nature has another way of being exploited now

i have survived my first two kills/firefights today

the first i tried so hard to be friendly,,,i had to chop him to pieces in the end. he combat logged,,,,total loss on my part.

the second was arron assasin. i was running, he shot, i killed him. he combat logged.,,,,,,,total loss on my part

humanity is such a disapointment.

the PVP'rs are only here to kill. 

Well, some are here to make camp fires and sing songs together while playing silly emote games, but yeah, most are here for player-vs-player survival.  

I hope rockett will reduce the amount of ammo spawning on the map just so all the freshspawn KoS'er will rage hard over that they can't kill freshspawns anymore because they will waste precious ammo

Well, some are here to make camp fires and sing songs together while playing silly emote games, but yeah, most are here for player-vs-player survival.  

PvP is not survival. PvP is PvP. Don't try to compare the two with each other, it's an insult to real survivalists.

• Like 1

DayZ is a fantastic game and once all the bugs get worked out it will be even better

If you dont like it there is a very simple way to fix it

IyM2BQv.png

• Like 2

I'm not quite understanding the point of this thread........

I think he's trying to act like rocket is "disappointed" in us for PvP'ing, even though that's one of the main reasons he created the game.

In other words, just another idiotic bitch thread.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

PvP is not survival. PvP is PvP. Don't try to compare the two with each other, it's an insult to real survivalists.

I tend to live a lot longer when I kill idiots before they kill me. So I would say, yes, PvP is a pretty important part of survival.

Unless by "real survivalists" you mean people who get ten cans of tuna and then go sit in a bush for 3 months.

• Like 1

Okay asshole, get this straight. Rocket may have disappoint a little ant like you, but he did an excellent job for this alpha. I am sorry that you have a rough time with PVP, but thats just your luck. Numerous time have I run into friendlies with M4's, and they have yet to shoot me. People might rob you 85% of the time, arrest you, and force feed you rotten food. But this is alpha people are going to do that more than ever at this stage. They want to test it, though i am friendly I still want to try to arrest people and execute and force feed them at times because this is a new experience. Thats all I have to say, sir asshole, rocket did not disappoint me at all. 

they should just make pvps servers that works differently and punishes bandits somehow. Maybe that way there will be a point on having handcuffs

they should just make pvps servers that works differently and punishes bandits somehow. 

Why don't YOU punish bandits instead of relying on developers to change the way the game is played?  

Unless by "real survivalists" you mean people who get ten cans of tuna and then go sit in a bush for 3 months.

By real survivalists I mean people that prepare, plan, and practice. Those that know what to do, where to go, and what to bring in the case of an emergency.

• Like 1

You go ahead and "prepare, plan and practice" all day long.  I'd rather hunt you and take your stuff.  

Edited by KC_Admiral

Rocket used to talk about, guiding people away from KOS and FPS twitcher banditry by making it harder to survive, making people have a reason to trade and work together... although bandits already have STEAM friends so they're working together from the start.

I think that OP wants to say that Rocket failed in his attempt. 

I kinda agree and disagree. 

Met up with a old friend on STEAM today. He was Camping balota with a Magnified Mosin, killing indiscriminately. We meet up at green mountain... a player gets the jump on him,... HE COMBAT LOGS.

I delete him from all records of existence. 

So, it seems my friend who was packed with loot, excellent gear.. had no reason to rely on others to survive. I won't help the bastard, that's for sure.  

Edit, not even joking, Bandits are not what they used to be...  if they used to be anything at all B)  hehehe 

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 2

The player that got the jump on him clearly missed his opportunity.  Regardless, a timer for combat logging will be implemented later as things progress.

You go ahead and "prepare, plan and practice" all day long.  I'd rather hunt you and take your stuff.  

Lol. People like you when SHTF are cowering in your corner not knowing what to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8B-J3CWzw

Or you think you are badass like fatso in the video. Truth is, you have no idea what you're gonna do.

Good lord the arrogance some people have. This game is designed to do its best to realistically simulate what a apocalyptic nightmare would be like. Where do so many people get off thinking human nature is nice? Visit some 3rd world war torn countries and you will see that people have very little reason to preserve life. What kind of fantasy do some of you live in? Why keep someone alive if you dont need too. Your here to survive and trusting random people is a huge gamble that is not worth taking. When your starving, scared and lost everything it is our human nature to scratch and claw our way up the food chain. If that means killing people then so be it. I can not speak for anyone here but i will say this, if i was put into this situation in real life i assure you i would rival genocide if that resulted keeping me and my family alive. I would trust family and maybe post apoc friends if i knew them good enough. Beyond that you die. The only thing keeping our society from imploding in on itself is the fear to loose your freedom. Police and law keep order through fear of punishment and judgement.

Look at New Orleans in hurricane Katrina, The LA Riots and really the list can go on. This is on such a SMALL scale compared to what Rocket is trying to present to us. Read up on some history that STILL does not rival this situation, take this example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death . When you get killed because you tried to make friends do not cry about it, take this as a learning lesson. People will NEVER be motivated to be friendly unless you wreck the game and remove open world PVP.

I feel like KoS will decrease as there are more features implemented into the game as of now it literally takes 10-20 minutes to get enough supplies to survive and a gun with enough ammo to kill a few players. As new things like buildables and vehicles and new guns are put in, people will spend more time gathering that crap before they get bored and start hunting players...

also there is no incentive to go north as there simply aren't enough items in the game yet. there is no point to go to the NWAF since the same loot spawns in balota or the military base west of it.

Edited by Shadyfizzle

^^^this guy gets it ^^^

KoS isnt the same thing as PVP at all..