Frost20

So Sacriel trolled everyone?

Anyone else watch his big streams and hear him talk endlessly about the patch today that was supposed to fix a ton of things? That he talked to the devs and confirmed this? Just goes to show the community is weighted with all sorts of mis-information. 

never watched his videos, but since he hosted the dayz pre-alpha live streams with rocket, i would assume what he said at the time was what he believed to be true based on what he was told

but since rocket and BI are taking a break over christmas, i would assume there was too much work needed in the patch for it to be ready on time, unless they worked up until and over christmas. 

also good to bear in mind that people like rocket and matt lightfoot arnt from the czech republic and needed time to travel home for the holidays

Hello there

Unless its an official source, take everything with a large tanker of salt.

Rdgs

LoK

You listened to some nobody about the development process and are surprised when they turned out to be misinformed?

Shocked.

• Like 2

So, does this mean things can go wrong in project management? Especially in software development? In an early alpha, around Christmas, new year? Wow I am surprised. Not. 

edit: Man, Ozelot was faster than me.

Edited by sk1y

Well to be fair... https://twitter.com/Hicks_206

First person only looks pretty stable, we're going to push out the fix with our next update approximately early Tuesday morning

Thanks to some late pre christmas hours by Martin one of our designers, Magnums are now spawning on the experimental branch/servers.

Anyone that wants to help test the pending 3rd person toggle / 357 Magnum/Speedloader update - please join the experimental branch/servers

You need to A) Be on experimental branch and B) Verify your local data on Steam

I'm not sure why you would automatically assume he is trolling

Edited by SmashT

Translate of the 0.30.113918 Notes:

Revolver "Magnum" is now in the loot
Fix ammunition to "Magnum" (.357 Speedloader - six-cylinder revolver)
Modified switching the view from first and third person
Changes to the server side
Changes browser interface Server
Lowered chance spawn weapons modules
Spawn military rifles reduced by half

The final line didn't translate properly, but has something to do with a players body disappearing after death and the player disconnects.
Whether that means it will now remain behind and be lootable, I don't know.

Hicks said something previously on twitter indicating a patch pre-Christmas, and rocket mentioned they have one more patch they want to put out before Christmas as well.. and now apparently Sacriel said the same thing. I think it's pretty much confirmed there will be a patch today.

If you read the other post in this section they have updated the experimental build, thats our patch for today...unless they are releasing it to the main client tonight aswell?

Twitch.tv/hicks_206

This is one of the developers testing the new build. Sacriel wasn't trolling.

whats a sacriel ???

A streamer, who despite being friend of Rocket, does not work on the game nor for BI, and thus should not be relied to provide official information.