Killon

Does everyone prefer the Mosin?

I prefer the Mosin, I own one for real (they are hella cheap) so I am bias, but shooting one is a blast and the model looks amazing. 

I like the anticipation of the shot, the pressure between success and failure is... thrilling. It's what I don't get from an M4

...but the SFX are a bit of a let-down. I hope it's a work in progress 

I used the m4 for a long while because I couldn't find a mosin. Got one last night with a pristine Pu scope and a .45 with 2 clips as cqb weapon. I haven't really tested it yet but I'm excited to try it out. I dropped a fully speed m4 for it and let my friends fight over the good parts :p

Because of how big the map is... having a long range weapon like the mosin is just a no brainer. However, without a .45 to back it up... I would just stick with the m4, personally. Having the side arm available is what makes the gun work as part of a functional personal arsenal.

I feel sad that I took an m4 in place of my Mosin but when I came across a non-looted airfield with lots of 5.56 ammo I felt rude not to. I look forward to using the Mosin again.

The mosin, because it feels way cooler as a weapon in a zombie survival game. I just need a pistole aside of it and i am good to go. I dont hunt players, just to clear that up.

Mosin by far, if you are going into a city, just take the scope off and use the iron sites.

I prefer a SVD with 8xIR =)

Edited by NXTk

I try to carry both whenever possible. I normally carry the Mosin in my hands while traveling from town to town, but when I know I am going to be in close quarters for any length of time I will switch to the M4.

Mosin-Axe-FNX45 combo is the best... I dislike the quantity of M4s at this moment. They are more common than CAN OPENERS... (I really want a can opener).

• Like 1

I play with a group of friends where we have one person running around with a scope mosin whilst the rest of us utilize M4s. M4 is a very good weapon in the game, most people miss use it and would rather fire it in full-retard rather than switch it's fire mode to semi-automatic. Put it on semi-automatic and you can have a field day killing whoever attempts to come at you. 

I play with a group of friends where we have one person running around with a scope mosin whilst the rest of us utilize M4s. M4 is a very good weapon in the game, most people miss use it and would rather fire it in full-retard rather than switch it's fire mode to semi-automatic. Put it on semi-automatic and you can have a field day killing whoever attempts to come at you. 

How exactly do you switch to semi auto? I thought theres no option for that yet.

On topic though - for me atleast using the mosin as a solo player isnt very smart. If youre not just going around murdering ppl 9 times out of 10 youre gonna have to use your gun in close quarters and you loose too much firepower in cqb with the mosin. When in a group though having 1 guy with a mosin with the long range scope run security while the other/s are scavenging is a very good idea.

How exactly do you switch to semi auto? I thought theres no option for that yet.

On topic though - for me atleast using the mosin as a solo player isnt very smart. If youre not just going around murdering ppl 9 times out of 10 youre gonna have to use your gun in close quarters and you loose too much firepower in cqb with the mosin. When in a group though having 1 guy with a mosin with the long range scope run security while the other/s are scavenging is a very good idea.

I've found that once you have your weapon out, and press T, the rifle switches from fully automatic to it's single fire mode. 

Considering I almost always run urban gameplay, I prefer my reddot fnx .45, with two clips of 15. 2 pockets of 80 bullets. Makes them m4 users "share" their beans lol.

Fielding, I'll take the mosin anyday.

The Mosin is my go-to rifle.  I mainly like it because it lets me observe and act at longer ranges, and lets me keep my buddies covered while they are further away from me.  It also helps with the ammo-saving mentality, since you can't really spray and pray with it.

Also because it is sexy.

Prefering the M4, lots more ammo,better rate of fire and better mods for it, but, right tool for the right job, if I want to do long distance shooting, 91/30 all the way, I have a true respect for the fire arm, and like a lot of others have voiced, I own one as well, Tula armories ex-sniper, struck in 1943 all matching serial numbers.

qdGsan8.jpg

Here's mine, where's yours? =P

Dropped my m4 when I finally found the Mosin. Ammo is abound in residential, so you are not dependent on dangerous military spawn areas.  

• Like 1