gamer222

Rare TANK in the game

Look up the definition of an internet troll. I am actually contributing to a conversation instead of 'one word' replies or punch lines. As for your ideals on modding, get over it. DayZ was built by BIS, who also developed ArmA II/III, TOH, TOM. If you follow the BIS community, you will see these games are kept afloat by the modding community, long before DayZ was thought. The creator of DayZ, which was a mod (remember you hate those) originally, also made other mods for ArmA II. It will happen, regardless if its willingly supported by BIS itself or a product of creativity from that very same community.

You cannot curb creativity, those brilliant minds will produce.

No, DayZ was built by Rocket and his team, Bohemia funded it and released it.

As for the mods, why not go and play Arma if you want mods? Modding of this game leads to creating private hives which are total bullshit for lack of a better word

Oh come on Orlok

One of those old ass WW1 tanks that killed the guys inside with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Those things were diesel boxes with treads.

you find one and get it going then Ill agree. :)

First off....no tanks plz lol

Second Dayz wouldnt exist without an engine as openly moddable as the arma 2 engine was. That was what allowed for all the scripting involved in dayz. So modding as a whole is a good thing.

I do however think that mods should be kept out of the SA as it isn't what arma was. Arma was for building missions and enjoying them with friends. This is a diffrent animal, it gives us tools to create our own missions within the "sandbox".

BUT PLAESE! Stop with the private hive bashing. The concept of a private hive is brilliant and solves a lot of fundimental problems with dayz. What you are acctually on about is "mod servers" most of which were private.....but there is a big diffrence. A vanilla private hive, IMO a much better way to experience dayz than pub servers. The devs know this, hence why plans have already been made to accomodate private hive servers.

Again, this is a very narrow minded way of thinking. As you only cry it affects you without elaborating on how or why, then retort "If you want tanks go play Arma 2/3 or Battlefield or some fps with tanks in it!". Because its different for everyone, in my area I would have the necessary people + equipment to support any MAGTF operation for a limited duration.

I am not advocating the use of tanks, because its quite ridiculous, but what the idea insinuates. The state of the game that has to occur IOT support this type of thing. Bigger picture. 

No, see, it's not narrow at all. The fact is that this is a survival game, and tanks, thermal vision rifles, and such toys have no place in a survival game. If you really want tanks, there are plenty of other games that let you play with them. No need to ruin DayZ by adding unnecessary military grade weaponry.

You could have said that we can have giant ass robots which we need to fix, very rare, only one per server. And argue that i am narrow minded because this is modding creativity. The fact stands that giant ass robots have no place in a game like this

Not a new tank, of course.

Maybe something old like a T-72M1.

U3PnLtP.jpg?1

Anyone played Dayz2017 1.1? It had a Tank without a gun. It really added fear to the server because you could hear the tank from like 2km away. We had some great moments when we were chased by a tank once. But i think it changes the play mechanics of dayz to much. Dayz shouldn't be about running away from tanks, maybe armored vehicles (http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2012/11/ArmA2OA-2012-11-12-08-49-51-02.jpg) but tanks would be to much.

Even a T-34 would be over powered. No tanks, no modding in my opinion. Keep that to the mod. Let the standalone stand alone.

Even a T-34 would be over powered. No tanks, no modding in my opinion. Keep that to the mod. Let the standalone stand alone.

I doubt it. Just add a few other tanks to combat the T-34s. And possibly a few CAS options like the SU-25, also maybe Mi-28 and Mi-24? :lol:

No Tanks

Maybe an >Unarmed< BRDM-2, which is wheeled and so not invincible. Maybe, you could mount a LMG on the roof with absolutely NO cover for the gunner. Such vehicles are widely used by Police abd Military in Eastern europe.

yeah i see , its just idea :ph34r: anyway do you think TANK would be OP in the game ....i mean its a TANK :D

thx for answering :)

You are in the airfield. Looting shit. After couple of min THERES A F*CKING TANK.

Your reaction: OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

Drivers reaction: Ypikayey m*therf*cker.

Yea. I guess it would be OP :P

people bitch about m4's and now you want a tank? bahahahahaha

No, see, it's not narrow at all. The fact is that this is a survival game, and tanks, thermal vision rifles, and such toys have no place in a survival game. If you really want tanks, there are plenty of other games that let you play with them. No need to ruin DayZ by adding unnecessary military grade weaponry.

You could have said that we can have giant ass robots which we need to fix, very rare, only one per server. And argue that i am narrow minded because this is modding creativity. The fact stands that giant ass robots have no place in a game like this

Reason is lost, you fail to see past your blinders and cant get off the tank.

MaC, out.

Well the Tank is in the files....its just not activated yet.

Im hoping its a retro T-54, love that tank.

Edited by Clarkeh

No problem with modding, but it ruined this game.

This game exists because of modding. Modding created this game.

And ruined the mod

Even in the dayz mod, there are OFFICIAL servers without mods. So it hasn't ruined the game/mod. The mentality behind paying for gear was like cancer, but that's it. 

As long as releasing the files for modding does not compromise security, then what's the harm?

another new poster, another request for a tank.....

go play BF4/arma3 if you want tanks please.

Anyone played Dayz2017 1.1? It had a Tank without a gun. It really added fear to the server because you could hear the tank from like 2km away.

Yeah, played 2017 and it was quite boring. No tanks please.

3d4c8871-f5bf-4289-b05f-12ef157093cf_zps

If you do not see the problem with modding you have never played Arma 2 or 3. It is a military simulator, but almost all the populated servers are wasteland. What if I want to simulate the military in a military simulator? Nope. Of course, that was more of the mission editor, but same concept.

Hello there

It takes vast amounts of resources to keep a tank operating.

I cant see that happening until the modding is opened up.

Rgds

LoK

Same reason why helicopters should never make it into dayz either.