Twixxer

How about Balota airfield military loot getting removed?

There should not be many weapons lying around in places where people spawn, as simple as that. It does nothing but enocurage not only PvP, which by itself is not a problem, but mindless deathmatching on the coast. I do find it strange they put in so many military loot spawns in there but I guess those can be altered and once there are anti server hopping measures in place and there is more variety in weapon choices it won't be as much of a problem.

The great thing about that airfield is that it is a magnet for bad guys. Good guys will run the gauntlet for some decent stuff, but they don't stick around. Bad guys will stay there and prey on unarmed players. That's the game, for them.

Therefore: Keep the airfield and the loot, and you keep the bad guys in a known and avoidable location. Remove the loot, and the bad guys will migrate.

Wrong. It's not about people camping Balota. It's about people getting a M4 and several mags from Balota and then moving all over the coast killing freshspawns.

I guess if you wan't to avoid the pvp nature (a 'hot' area) then you can just avoid it ? 

Some places are bound to be death traps. I'm not a fan of KOS, but I don't think removing gear to shutdown a hot spot is a good idea. 

It's a military area, it stands to reason that military gear would be found there. 

• Like 2

Wrong. It's not about people camping Balota. It's about people getting a M4 and several mags from Balota and then moving all over the coast killing freshspawns.

Read the thread Psyl3nt.

Balota has always had military loot, and it's always been a death trap. it seems it should be less now, since the loot doesn't respawn. but I guess it's probably also the most popular place to server hop for loot, so it's going to end up with a high concentration of well armed players

Read the thread Psyl3nt.

Was just answering the OP. 

But on the rest of the thread, you won't stop those kinds of players no matter what you do. 

They will happily travel for hours if need be to camp spawns and players they know are in a weak position. 

At least it gives the 'good guys' starting out something to fight back with, as I guess many of those players would spend their time up north and not be interested in hanging around the spawn areas. 

you have to be pretty lucky to find several, or any, mags. there's a few spots that spawn weapons, and generally people can only carry one, but chances are the first person through there will take all the ammo

if people are getting them by server hopping, that is a separate issue

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

In my opinion, Balota airfield causes lots of PVP

You mean it accomplishes exactly the goal it was added to the game to accomplish?

Why would we remove it?

The whole goddamn point is to "cause lots of PvP."

If you don't want lots of PvP, stay the fuck away from Balota airfield and your problems go away.

You mean it accomplishes exactly the goal it was added to the game to accomplish?

Why would we remove it?

If you don't want lots of PvP, stay the fuck away from Balota airfield and your problems go away.

If you want lots of PvP, go play Call of Duty or ARMA 2

• Like 2

Why would we remove it?

Read the thread, smartass. I stated about 10 times now that it's not only Balota airfield's PVP. The loot gained from Balota causes freshspawns to be KoS'd all along coast. Are you sure you're on the right forums? Devs actually want to decrease PVP, not increase it. Use common sense.

Balota was better on the mod. If you spawned close to it it felt like a treat and you would probably check out the hangers and find a sub machine gun or an AK, then you would either go be a dick or you would progress further into the map. There is really no logic to giving Balota military spawns, it destroys the sense of high risk high reward play that comes with the NWAF, the only people who benefit from this are the deathmatchers who are playing the game the wrong way anyway.

It's really simple:

The coast should give you access to low-mid weapons - winchesters, makarovs etc

Middle map (Stary etc) should give you access to mid-high weapons - good pistols, some automatic weapons etc

And the NWAF should be the location for the skilled and organized players to fight over the best gear - All automatic weapons, nightvision, heavy weapons, silenced weapons, military sniper rifles etc.

Balota having military weapons is fine for the time being during development for weapon testing etc but on the full build the end game weapons should be removed from Balota and Vybor and everywhere else and kept solely to the NWAF, to keep it as a hotspot for raids and the best high end PvP.

Edited by -j3bbah
  • Like 4

Balota was better on the mod. If you spawned close to it it felt like a treat and you would probably check out the hangers and find a sub machine gun or an AK, then you would either go be a dick or you would progress further into the map. There is really no logic to giving Balota military spawns, it destroys the sense of high risk high reward play that comes with the NWAF, the only people who benefit from this are the deathmatchers who are playing the game the wrong way anyway.

Those players who do want to head up north can do with the weapons to defend themselves from the deathmatch types, it is an even playing ground when everyone can access it.

You won't stop the new spawn killers by removing loot, you will only stop the other players from having similar powered weapons in the same areas.  

It's really simple:

Middle map (Stary etc) should give you access to mid-high weapons - good pistols, some automatic weapons etc

And the NWAF should be the location for the skilled and organized players to fight over the best gear - All automatic weapons, nightvision, heavy weapons, silenced weapons, military sniper rifles etc.

Balota having military weapons is fine for the time being during development for weapon testing etc but on the full build the end game weapons should be removed from Balota and Vybor and everywhere else and kept solely to the NWAF, to keep it as a hotspot for raids and the best high end PvP.

So you want everyone to play your way and have the battle zone in an area that you like ?

It's no good to make one area the military zone, it just turns it into a meat grinder, at least now it's kind of spread out from one end of the map to the other, either place you can get good weapons, so people spread out, you don't just have three quarters of the server rushing to the one place. It would actually make the pVp worse I think.

Edited by Psyl3nt

If you want lots of PvP, go play Call of Duty or ARMA 2

No, I'm playing DayZ, which is a PvP game too. What's the fucking point of this post?

So you remove military weaps from the coast, spans will be killed with mosins... If someone wants to kill fresh spawns, they'll do that with military loot or not. Besides, Zelenogorsk is not too far from the coast and neither is the new military base NE of Kamenka.

Personally, even if I ever got killed on the coast with an M4 (which has never happened in 50+ hours) I'd still think Balota should stay. It has always been a dangerous place, but defo worth the risk if you're respawning bc of the reward it offers. Having too many safe areas makes this game boring even with tons of zeds.

• Like 1

op stop being a pussy or avoid bolata and sit in a random house in a town all day long like a housekeeping simulator. 

• Like 1

Read the thread, smartass. I stated about 10 times now that it's not only Balota airfield's PVP. The loot gained from Balota causes freshspawns to be KoS'd all along coast. 

Good. Maybe that will teach them to get off the coast.

Are you sure you're on the right forums? Devs actually want to decrease PVP, not increase it. Use common sense.

I've never seen any of the developers claim they wanted to "decrease PvP." Can you cite your source for this claim?

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Well, provide some reasons at least?

Now is not the point in development where balancing gameplay is an issue.

The devs most likely increased spawn-rate of military weapons for gathering data for testing purposes.

Wow, wow, calm your tits mate.

There's not even loot spawning in apartment blocks, so what are you on about? I doubt if a zombie apocalypse hit everyone would suddenly get weapons. Most of people would stick to melee weapons, improvised weapons and civilian weapons such as hunting rifles. Military are the ones who have all the AK's and M4's. People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.

Really because i would get an automatic rifle, if you honestly think most people would prefer a hunting rifle you truly are stupid, sorry to be rude but you are, most people would use a bat when they could use an ak47. am i missing something ??? The reason why i said the apartment blocks are empty was to show you how your argument of being realistic is redundant looking at the state the game is in.

'People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.' Yeah people would not go rushing to military bases, your right there so where is the irony in that statement??

Who said anything about people grabbing weapons and rushing back to their apartment blocks, soldiers would be fighting in the streets in Russia, in and out of the houses, fighting and dying and zombies don't pick up weapons. You do not have to be in the military to have an assault rifle so yes people would have assault rifles and even if they never the point is i would happily concede that tiny bit of how would you call say it 'realism' if it stopped this form of cheating that is going on at the moment.

Those players who do want to head up north can do with the weapons to defend themselves from the deathmatch types, it is an even playing ground when everyone can access it.

You won't stop the new spawn killers by removing loot, you will only stop the other players from having similar powered weapons in the same areas.  

It's really simple:

So you want everyone to play your way and have the battle zone in an area that you like ?

It's no good to make one area the military zone, it just turns it into a meat grinder, at least now it's kind of spread out from one end of the map to the other, either place you can get good weapons, so people spread out, you don't just have three quarters of the server rushing to the one place. It would actually make the pVp worse I think.

Your post is completely broken, nice one.

To your actual points, you seem to have no grasp of the concept of either progression or risk vs reward.

Right now, you spawn in at Balota, spend 30 seconds getting to the Barracks, you pick up an M4, you kill other guys with M4's, you die to a guy with an M4, you rinse and you repeat. That is not DayZ, that is a CoD deathmatch and the fact that so many people don't seem to be comprehending that makes me worry about the future of this game.

Those players who do want to head up north can do with the weapons to defend themselves from the deathmatch types

Why do they need to head north, when everything they need is at the coast?

it is an even playing ground when everyone can access it.

So the guy that just spawned in 5 minutes ago should have access to the same gear as a guy who spent 2 hours at the airfield - to level the playing field.

You won't stop the new spawn killers by removing loot

Nothing will entirely stop spawn killing, and that's okay, but the more reason there is to leave the coast, the more spawn killing will decrease.

you will only stop the other players from having similar powered weapons in the same areas.

"So the guy that just spawned in 5 minutes ago should have access to the same gear as a guy who spent 2 hours at the airfield..."

No, I want risk vs reward and I want progression, this game was never supposed to be a deathmatch so it needs these things.

Meat grinder aka big risk for the big rewards. In the mod NWAF required you to be at the top of your game, watching for snipers, being completely paranoid, and being prepared. You could die in a second and lose everything, and start out at the coast with nothing. Or you could win, and reap the best rewards.

Stretching out end-game gear across the map on a 50 man server will mean you can just switch between Barracks until you find one that isn't locked down, walk in, get some gear and walk out again. There have been many times when Ive gone to NWAF and it has been deserted, that is inevitable on 50 man servers, but if you stretch the barracks across to 3 or 4 different areas you will never find PvP at them.

Sure I think you should be able to find good things at different locations, but not necessarily weapons. Because then you're looking at stretching the best weapons to 4 different places, stretching the best vehicles to multiple different places, etc, and you will never find PvP anywhere because everyone is checking a different location.

• Like 1

so many carebears in this thread its insane.....the pvp is the best and most real element of the game.....you want a realistic survival game? then deal with the very real possibility of people killing you.....

Having military gear at a military base is fine. It will give you the option to gear up, and protect yourself from bandits and move north, or go and be a bandit yourself....

Stop crying about pvp, man up and defend yourself.

I love the game the way it is, never have I played a game that felt so intense and so realistic, the thought I could die at any moment and lose all my stuff is so exhilarating....Plus they already made it that the gear you have gets degraded on the person you kill, and the body disappears when they log out.....What more do you want?