scaramoosh

Does any one else feel burnt out already?

Before people moan I know this is an alpha.

I was so excited when it launched and for a couple of days after I played a lot with friends. However I had a hard time getting all my gaming friends to buy it, most didn't as they got bored of Dayz with the mod, so I only had 2 other friends who would play. Come day three and they both stopped and said they're bored of Dayz in general (as they didn't go back to the mod) and because it's just not enough of a leap forward, it's a leap backwards in many cases. 

I found myself bored after that too, I played a day longer and I had all the loot the game has to offer for high end like what do you do now? The only thing the game promotes is to kill other players, if you don't then what else is there? I could try to help people out, but that isn't really fun as most the time they shoot you, but also there is nothing to do with them but kill other people. 

I just realised they took too long to release the SA, I become bored of this game with the mod they allowed me to play for over a year since the SA was originally announced for. I've played that mod like 200 hours and usually with any game you become burnt after that, I've never even played an MMO that long. I kinda just feel like how I do with COD or BF... I've played them too much in the past, I'm done, I need something new.

• Like 2

nope

I feel like I just warming up :thumbsup: :ph34r:

• Like 5

I don't think the length of time that they took to release tha game has anything to do with it, I think the lack of content means that it doesn't have the same amount of replay value that the mod did.

We need more weapons, more clothing and more items in general. In the mod you would find an Enfield, then an M4 or an AK and then an M14 or FAL. You had to work your way up. Now you just find an M4.

This will come with time, just be patient.

• Like 10

So?

Now you want your money back? Or maybe they should stop developing the SA?

Pointless post...

• Like 1

I don't think the length of time that they took to release tha game has anything to do with it, I think the lack of content means that it doesn't have the same amount of replay value that the mod did.

We need more weapons, more clothing and more items in general. In the mod you would find an Enfield, then an M4 or an AK and then an M14 or FAL. You had to work your way up. Now you just find an M4.

This in all its beauty.

I dunno i think a lot of boredom right now is content based, i'm kinda the same i just wonder around seeing how long i can make my char last just slowly refine all the things in my bag to pristine that i'll never use (i'm personally hanging out for hunting so i can live in the woods like a wild man haha) but if you look at the rate the game has been updated it's very impressive and if next year (i presume we will have no updates till next year) it maintains the multiple updates we received in just the first week i think it will keep people interested, we will see i guess.

I feel they prob would of been better releasing in january so their wouldn't be this awkward pause of updates only a week after release but obviously they wanted to be out for christmas rush so can't blame them.

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 2

The more fantasy you've got the less chance you get bored. Its a lack of creativity if you think all this game offers is killing ppl. For example the new health system makes being a medic very usfull for other players.  The last couple of dayz have been a blast for me. Even with 200+ hours gone in the mod. I've joined groups of ppl. Left them because they KOS. Teamed up with just 1 guy. Gone solo lots of hours sometimes observe encounters between rival gangs. Trading weapons or other items. Helped freshspawn y killing the Z's they where attacked by. etc etc...Now tell me when did I had to feel bored?

• Like 2

Well, how about establishing some goals for yourself?

Examples:

1. Help other people. Collect food, can openers and other essential stuff and give it away to bambis.

2. Hunt bandits. Look for campers, assault them and yell "Die, you bandit scumbag".

3. Became a bandit, but not a murderer. Ambush people, make them surrender and make them give away something, but not *everything*. Like "Two cans of beans or life!".

• Like 1

@Mos1ey. To much military loot and vehicles made me stop playing the mod. This game is about surviving a apocalypse not a war. There are more weapons then just a m4 in SA. Don't forget the addons you can pick up.

Of course there is nothing really to do other than kill players, surviving is rather easy, there are barely any zombies, and a lot of features are missing. With this said however, the purchase is worth it in the long run because as more content is added the game's price will increase. Your investment of 29 dollars (assuming you liked the mod a lot) will pay off and deliver several hundred hours of content over the next three or four years as content will be added and people will create new mods and maps for the game. 

I would like to say one thing: Don't over indulge on the game in its current state. 

• Like 2

I don't feel burnt out, simply because i don't play the game for that long.

maybe 30 min to an hour every other day.

There isnt much to do right now in the game.

And i knew this going in, which is why i don't mind, and dont try to overplay.

Edited by muggerfugger
  • Like 1

I didn't even bother to read your thread, just because It's you Miffy, and knowing you it's just bitching.

The more fantasy you've got the less chance you get bored. Its a lack of creativity if you think all this game offers is killing ppl. For example the new health system makes being a medic very usfull for other players.  The last couple of dayz have been a blast for me. Even with 200+ hours gone in the mod. I've joined groups of ppl. Left them because they KOS. Teamed up with just 1 guy. Gone solo lots of hours sometimes observe encounters between rival gangs. Trading weapons or other items. Helped freshspawn y killing the Z's they where attacked by. etc etc...Now tell me when did I had to feel bored?

This dude's got it figured out. He likes to play the game a certain way, but correct me if I'm wrong, you aren't raving that everyone has to play it your way. Take some beans, kind sir!

• Like 2

What did you expect? Rocket was pretty blatant about what to expect. I'm surprised it's sold as well as it did considering.

We're testing and I think we've all found bugs and hopefully reported them. Take a break, no shame in that.

I didn't even bother to read your thread, just because It's you Miffy, and knowing you it's just bitching.

Lol I'm surprised he bought it to be honest.

Edited by Diggydug

@Mos1ey. To much military loot and vehicles made me stop playing the mod. This game is about surviving a apocalypse not a war. There are more weapons then just a m4 in SA. Don't forget the addons you can pick up.

I'm not asking for AS50s or TWS, all I want is gear progression. As Rocket said - DayZ is like an MMO where your gear =/= your level.

was so excited when it launched and for a couple of days after I played a lot with friends.

This is your problem right here, Play in small doses so you don't "burn" yourself out, plus make it a misson to find bugs and glitches with the alpha, Anything you can think of try it and report it as a bug thats what i do.

• Like 1

When I started out: scavenging is so much fun!

After starting over at the coast a few times: scavenging is so repetitive and dull!

I soon learned that the game in its current state is CoD with a huge PvE block before you can start actually having fun (unless you're fortunate enough to spawn near Balota). Actually, it feels more like an extremely repetitive PvE game with rare and difficult bosses (players).

I wish the devs would let us know more about their long term goals for the game beyond their "more zeds" statement.

Edited by aj_

This dude's got it figured out. He likes to play the game a certain way, but correct me if I'm wrong, you aren't raving that everyone has to play it your way. Take some beans, kind sir!

Jup. I think everybody should do what ever they want. Even bandits are part of the story. If everybody plays as friendly as I do it wouldn't be very thrilling to play.

aj_ DayZ has a long path ahead of it and the team are adding things in, It just takes time. Patience is key here and i have alot of patience, many people don't and when it come to this i recommend they play multiple games, Come back once a week or something and see whats been added, Add your input on the forums and then go back to your other games, Im currently juggling Project Zomboid,Nether and DayZ.

70 hours currently. Playing in a relatively small group of 3-6 people. Though it has lost its flavour of the first day(which was pretty awesome considering I died about 5 times before I managed to get enough supplies to get further inland) it is still pretty nice. It also runs goddamn good and stable for an alpha. I have played other alphas and even betas that were performing a ton worse. Had a total of 3 crashes in those 70 hours and apart from that I only glitched into walls at times. Inventory system is a little buggy sometimes too but thats all about glitches that I could really find. Nothing troublesome. Other than that it is a little short of content, compared to the mod. But considering that the mod was a "final product" that kept getting developed further to where it is now by the community for the last year and this one isnt final yet, again, thats nowhere close to troublesome. I am rather trying to play more and more and more to find out everything about our current content so that I can check out everything about new content and focus solely on that when it comes out. Right now I still did not visit every new place they put it. I have yet to go to the northern pass thing at the debug field and heck I dont even know if the debug fields still exist or if they were replaced by a natural border.

Yes, M4s are too easy to find. Yes, zombies are no challenge. I have probably met more players than zombies thus far. But since we are still fairly early into the game, most ppl I met were friendly which made for some nice and sometimes hilarious and unique moments. Also, trying to run around in cherno as a blood bandit is fun aswell. Being able to restock on weapons within 10min after respawn in mind, you can just carelessly walk on the streets in cherno and rob every single person you see of their blood. Wouldnt do that sorta shit in the mod. Heck, wouldnt even go close to cherno tbh.

The alpha still hasnt lost its flavour. Its just warming up to a new phase of more awesomeness, especially with all the new content aimed at late 2013 and early 2014 around the corner. Cant wait.

What made the mod exciting for me was it was hard, I felt threatened and death felt punishing. However now I'm used to it, I can run anywhere really fast, the map doesn't feel endless like it used to and if I die I don't care. The other thing I noticed is players are largely just crap in the SA, I never died once when playing to other players, killed everyone I saw... I had one guy who shot at me, forgot I was there and run past me........ wtf? It also doesn't help that the Zombies might as well not even be there and no vehicles makes getting around rather tedious, I just turn auto run on and make myself a cup of tea.

I don't think even with new content that I'll be coming back any time soon, just one of those things where you've played it so much and it is time to move on. Like I've never played a game for more than 20 hours usually, Dayz kept me for 10 times that and the only other game I played for that long was SWG Pre CU. So it did well but I wish they didn't bother with the network stuff, I just don't see what it adds, no one I know cares about it or is even aware. For me hackers wasn't an issue, just join the whitelist thing and sorted...

Can you please move on then. see ya.

No one expected to have a feature rich enjoyable game. Even the disclaimer told you this.

It'll get there.

Edited by muggerfugger

New items, clothes and just more items won't solve the problem for long. We also need something in the gameplay

Edited by Gdaddy22

Everything is getting bored if you do it every day without any changes. Everyday life ain't good, whether it's social life, gaming or something else. At the moment I have holidays but usually I don't have time in the week to play video games. After a hard-working week it's nice to go out at the weekend or just sit at home and play video games with your friends if you don't have to study or work. So don't play something to often, because it will be boring after an amount of time.

Back to dayz: What it makes so special for me and worth playing it? This large post-apocalyptic zombie open world with it's group fights. I love the tactical PVP group fights which I could find also in arma 2 vanilla but there you don't get this zombie horror atmosphere what I really like. You're travelling around, collecting items to getting stronger for the next fight and expand, build up an camp, basement or something like that. also the communication in this game makes fun because you can fool around and do silly things ^^

generally I would say casual gamers have more fun in a long term and it depends on your teammates you play with and by what you're basically doing. for me the PVP group fights holds up my motivation for this game for a long time.

Edited by duke0095