ev0ls0ul

Admin Abuse on a few servers.

Are people forgetting that the admins that are kicking you from "THEIR" servers are paying something like £55 ($90) PER MONTH, for their own server? (40 Players).

They should be able to do what the hell they want if they're paying for it.

When you start contributing to their server running fees, you then have a say in what they do.

I haven't purchased a server of my own yet. The prices are high and with almost no control or say in the running of your server, it isn't worth it.

These people are simply using what they do have (#kick) to try and claim back the control they should have over their server. (What they're paying for).

No one is forcing them to rent a server, they rent the servers on their own free choice and disregard the rules on purpose. Yea lets applaud that..

• Like 7

Really don't get the point of going into a private server and gearing up  then spawning in a different server in a populated city then being a dick with gear you shouldn't have even earned.

• Like 5

Well if you happen to stumble across anymore servers that kick you and or other people try and get some screenshots and post them here. I'll link all of them to the first post. Maybe we can get a community wide blacklist, or at best just let people know which servers have abusive admins and which servers people should steer clear of.

• Like 4

Are people forgetting that the admins that are kicking you from "THEIR" servers are paying something like £55 ($90) PER MONTH, for their own server? (40 Players).

When you start contributing to their server running fees, you then have a say in what they do.

I haven't purchased a server of my own yet. The prices are high and with almost no control or say in the running of your server, it isn't worth it.

These people are simply using what they do have (#kick) to try and claim back the control they should have over their server. (What they're paying for).

Wrong wrong wrong. It is NOT 'their server' The agreement was specifically stated. There are many many things in life that 'you pay for' that are never ever 'yours'. Those private individuals that rent servers do so on the condition that they abide by the terms of the agreement. Admins are free to do whatever they wish, as long as it is within the confines of that agreement. Not a single server admin was forced to purchase a rental agreement.

You buy a car. Sure you paid for it, cash even. Is it 'yours' to do with what you please? To a large degree BUT you can not do as you please outside the rules set down by 'the community'. e.g. what happens if you drive drunk? drive recklessly? speed all the time? The rules of that game means you will loose the 'privilege' to have use of that that is yours bought and paid for.

W.C.Fields famous quote "A fool and his money soon part ways" The fools here are anyone that thought by renting their DayZ server could do with it what they pleased. The rules are clearly laid out. If you want to rent a server, you do so under specific conditions... take it or leave it.

• Like 6

Oh but it is Admin abuse... Instead of not being able to lock their servers per the rules, they're using the kick function as a unintended lock. I would say most are using this to gear and then server hop which could be construed as an exploit. Bad Admins no matter how you slice it.

People can argue that "they're paying for them" so they should be able to do what they want but the truth is they're "renting" those servers from server hosts and those sever hosts have very specific rules about server locking which is exactly what they're doing by kicking everyone.

• Like 1

People can argue that "they're paying for them" so they should be able to do what they want but the truth is they're "renting" those servers from server hosts and those sever hosts have very specific rules about server locking which is exactly what they're doing by kicking everyone.

Welcome to the club of people that understand kicking and locking is basicly the same in this situation, we need more of you  :P

Bottom line is these alpha servers are public hives and will be until the dayz dev team releases the private hive files for people. This means that when you rent a server from a company and it doesn't matter which it is, Its a public hive server and this means you are not allowed to kick people from your server just because you pay the bill. A majority of server renters and people who play dayz obviously do not understand that renting and buying are two different things.

Renting a server doesn't make it yours. Key word is "renting". Now, to rent that server you need to abide by the rules set out by Devs and/or the hosters. You in fact agree to said rules upon renting that server whether it be dedicated or VPS. So to sit there and say "This is my fucking server and I do what I want" is signs of an Admin that will do whatever it takes to get what they want, regardless of knowing the rules to abide by.

Admins need to be responsible in the way they do things, they need to be impartial if they play the game, they also need to realize that being an Admin is not for themselves but the benefit of the game and the community.

These selfish Admins then give the decent ones a bad rap. The only thing I can say is that, it starting early lets us know which servers to stay away from.

I said it before... There needs to be an aptitude test so not every fuckwit can rent a server but this is a pipe dream of mine.  ;)

yea. those admins try to lock their server to gear up and visit other servers. i would blacklist them and take their server rights away.

• Like 1

Imo they shouldn't of allowed the public to hire servers in the first place. Not to mention without any solid rules or policies outlined before you purchase the server.

It's obvious as to why they had to, but after the BRMF drama I would've thought they'd be a bit more tenacious with giving public control of hive servers.

And if you think you have any rights hiring slots from a server provider, HAHA man how long have you been on the internet?

Edited by Kra
  • Like 1

Wrong wrong wrong. It is NOT 'their server' The agreement was specifically stated. There are many many things in life that 'you pay for' that are never ever 'yours'. Those private individuals that rent servers do so on the condition that they abide by the terms of the agreement. Admins are free to do whatever they wish, as long as it is within the confines of that agreement. Not a single server admin was forced to purchase a rental agreement.

You buy a car. Sure you paid for it, cash even. Is it 'yours' to do with what you please? To a large degree BUT you can not do as you please outside the rules set down by 'the community'. e.g. what happens if you drive drunk? drive recklessly? speed all the time? The rules of that game means you will loose the 'privilege' to have use of that that is yours bought and paid for.

W.C.Fields famous quote "A fool and his money soon part ways" The fools here are anyone that thought by renting their DayZ server could do with it what they pleased. The rules are clearly laid out. If you want to rent a server, you do so under specific conditions... take it or leave it.

You sure as hell can kick someone out of your car, or lock the doors, turn it off and on as freely as you please.

Players with no interest in becoming an admin, or even care about the admins that really do try to make great servers, want everything locked down so that they can "use & abuse" the servers people provide. Excessive restrictions isn't a good thing, DayZ Mod public servers were left defenceless to abusive players and script kiddies because of these over the top server rules.

The reason 99% of DayZ Mod servers became private hives is because admins could do what the hell they wanted, it worked fantastically.

I ran three private hives from a dedicated server that I owned. The loading times were incredibly fast (even before they were improved), the servers ran without desync & lagg.

They were some of the cleanest, hacker free servers in the UK at the time because I had full control over everything, hackers didn't stand much of a chance (Occasional exceptions).

Players that played fair and legitimately had some of the best DayZ experiences they've ever had, thanks to private hives and their admins.

Give admins the control they need to make the server what they want it to be and you won't even notice them.

When you see a passworded server in the browser, you skip it, simple. Just like in every multi-player game you've ever played.

If you can't join in the first place, there's no admin booting you repetitively, no players reporting servers/admins.

If an admin doesn't want players on their server, so be it.

That server wouldn't be online without him/her, and it wouldn't be online if it was left to the complaining players to pay out monthly and admin it.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN
  • Like 1

You sure as hell can kick someone out of your car, or lock the doors, turn it off and on as freely as you please.

Players with no interest in becoming an admin, or even care about the admins that really do try to make great servers, want everything locked down so that they can "use & abuse" the servers people provide. Excessive restrictions isn't a good thing, DayZ Mod public servers were left defenceless to abusive players and script kiddies because of these over the top server rules.

The reason 99% of DayZ Mod servers became private hives is because admins could do what the hell they wanted, it worked fantastically.

I ran one of the cleanest, hacker free servers in the UK at the time because I had full control over everything, hackers didn't stand much of a chance (Occasionally one would slip through the net).

Players that played legitimately had some of the best DayZ experiences they've ever had, thanks to private hives and their admins.

Give admins the control they need to make the server what they want it to be and you won't even notice them.

When you see a passworded server in the browser, you skip it, simple. Just like in every multi-player game you've ever played.

If you can't join in the first place, there's no admin booting you repetitively, no players reporting servers/admins.

That server wouldn't be online without him/her, and it wouldn't be online if it was left to the complaining players to pay out monthly and admin it.

Everything you said is already being planned. Having private hives for people or community hives (multiple servers linked to 1 hive for clans or other communities) so that should solve allot of problems. Reward the decent community admins and let the other "admins" be on their own server without having them gear on their own server and then jump servers. 

Its an alpha, and we're going to get wiped a thousand times over before release comes. What does admin abuse honestly matter at this point?

It matters at any point. Admin abuse and hacking were the two worst parts about the mod. If it's going to be a problem in the standalone all we're doing is playing a more graphically appealing version of the mod. Not to mention those admins ruin not only the point of the game, but ruin the game for people that wanna play on the server they shouldn't own in the first place.

This makes me look back at this thread and lol

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157047-event-server-a-plea-for-private-admin-server-control/

• Like 3

It matters at any point. Admin abuse and hacking were the two worst parts about the mod. If it's going to be a problem in the standalone all we're doing is playing a more graphically appealing version of the mod. Not to mention those admins ruin not only the point of the game, but ruin the game for people that wanna play on the server they shouldn't own in the first place.

This makes me look back at this thread and lol

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/157047-event-server-a-plea-for-private-admin-server-control/

The badmins and bad servers will quickly make a reputation for themselves just like they did in DayZ mod and they'll do the same things they did in DayZ mod.  They'll kick/ban anyone who finds them/their camp, kills them/raids them/their friends and fellow badmins, they'll accuse them of hacking because there's like no way anyone could have found their camp or shot them with a gun in a million, bejillion years despite the fact they're camping the same old camp spots, they'll give admin status to any moron who donates a dollar and just generally abuse their power and they'll do it on both public and private server/hives and they'll use their power to horde all the best gear then go to other servers to abuse newspawns and laugh but then rage and qq when they come across other players and badmins doing the exact same thing.

Anyone who points out how shitty their server is will be responded to with abuse, profanity, "l2p", "I'm (my daddy is) paying for it and I can do whatever I want!" and will be banned if they weren't already and they'll make it explicitly obvious what servers to avoid.

The good servers and the goodmins will rise to the top and a lot of the bad ones will eventually go away because they've kicked and banned everyone and no one wants to donate to their server for some reason.

I just gave you all a glimpse into the future of the server forums with like...uh...my psychic powers. :P

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Rant on,

Hey crybabies that whine about PUBLIC being PUBLIC, go get a job that can afford you paying for your own server if you do not like it. I have a server and I do not jump servers to grief I just like being left alone to explore the content without some douchbag like you yelling in voice chat or griefing in some other way. As far as "omfg they are gearing up" anything you need can be gotten in 5 minutes at any military camp rest is just gravy, not game breaking.

Stop your crying, there is no crying in DayZ. They should have implemented pass-worded servers from jump but I get why they didn't, its for development, not so I have to deal with you. That will be fixed in the future, till then I will kick if you need to be kicked. (Ive been kicked myself from servers and banned from mod servers for playing as a bandit, shit happens I moved on!)

Here's a nifty example for the community, I go to public places to eat all the time, and I don't ask douchebags to sit at my table. Id love to see you try sitting at my table and tell me its a public place, cuz this asshole would show you what private space means real fast. Especially when I am footing the bill!

People are entitled to their opinions of what constitutes abuse, I don't jump servers I like being left alone is all. If the server says go away I don't want you here and you go anyway, you are the fool.

Regards,

Admin on a server that does not tolerate children.

P.S.

As far as abuse in the mod, I played on many EPOCH servers and had a GREAT time and rarely dealt with abuse, griefing hell yes but not abuse. 

One poser (poster) mentioned nobody is forcing me to rent a server, what kind of argument is that? Where is the logic? I rent a server so I can have more control of my game time. Do I want it to always be dark? Maybe. How about I add more vehicle spawns, ok. My choices not yours, just at the moment I do not have them. I accept that, but I do not accept a kid like Woodland calling me an abuser of services. In the world I come from if someone does not want me somewhere and I choose to go, I know deep down I am looking for static. As this thread is full of those same people that cry foul when the food stamp money ran out because I decided to stop paying taxes so the administration can waste my hard earned money on useless leeches.

Aptitude test for server admins eh? to that poster, I have a better idea, I can post a link to a 1000 question IQ test and then we can paste the results back here, perhaps then you will see why choosing school would have worked better for you then choosing weed.

P.S.S.

Btw, the server is aptly named TESTING. I have and will continue to send bug reports I find as I "abuse" what I am paying for. If you want a polished gaming experience wait till launch and go away kiddies, you are not helping the game progress at all. Anything you are crying about now will all be resolved when Bohemia decides it is launch time.

Rant off...   Goodnight ladies

Edited by earthmonster
  • Like 3

Whining arsed tit babies. Who gives a dam anyway if they kick you ? I don't. I don't care if they kick me. Wtf?! Yeah they pay for these servers. Don't like it move on or keep whining and making these childish blacklists till there are no servers left at all. All this over an slow paced occasional FPS that has almost jack to do with zombies. Good lord get over yourself evol

• Like 1

Smells like self-entitlement in here.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/415729660731727873

You're perfectly fine to do what you want on your server, but then DayZ dev's are just as equally able to do what they want with access to their hive server. Your server will not function without hive access. 

Grow the fuck up. Do whatever the fuck you want on your private server, but until those are available, you're providing a service to the community so pull your head out of your arse and start playing by the rules or be faced with wasting your hard earned cash on a server that doesn't function and you'll only have yourself to blame. Take your point of view into your server provide forum and let us know how you go with that.

Everyone else, get proof, screenshot, record, get your phone out and vertical shoot your screen, whatever. Don't be relying on already overworked staff to go through a lengthy process to check someones logs.

• Like 4

Rant on,

Hey crybabies that whine about PUBLIC being PUBLIC, go get a job that can afford you paying for your own server if you do not like it. I have a server and I do not jump servers to grief I just like being left alone to explore the content without some douchbag like you yelling in voice chat or griefing in some other way. As far as "omfg they are gearing up" anything you need can be gotten in 5 minutes at any military camp rest is just gravy, not game breaking.

Stop your crying, there is no crying in DayZ. They should have implemented pass-worded servers from jump but I get why they didn't, its for development, not so I have to deal with you. That will be fixed in the future, till then I will kick if you need to be kicked. (Ive been kicked myself from servers and banned from mod servers for playing as a bandit, shit happens I moved on!)

Here's a nifty example for the community, I go to public places to eat all the time, and I don't ask douchebags to sit at my table. Id love to see you try sitting at my table and tell me its a public place, cuz this asshole would show you what private space means real fast. Especially when I am footing the bill!

People are entitled to their opinions of what constitutes abuse, I don't jump servers I like being left alone is all. If the server says go away I don't want you here and you go anyway, you are the fool.

Regards,

P.S.

As far as abuse in the mod, I played on many EPOCH servers and had a GREAT time and rarely dealt with abuse, griefing hell yes but not abuse. 

One poser (poster) mentioned nobody is forcing me to rent a server, what kind of argument is that? Where is the logic? I rent a server so I can have more control of my game time. Do I want it to always be dark? Maybe. How about I add more vehicle spawns, ok. My choices not yours, just at the moment I do not have them. I accept that, but I do not accept a kid like Woodland calling me an abuser of services. In the world I come from if someone does not want me somewhere and I choose to go, I know deep down I am looking for static. As this thread is full of those same people that cry foul when the food stamp money ran out because I decided to stop paying taxes so the administration can waste my hard earned money on useless leeches.

Aptitude test for server admins eh? to that poster, I have a better idea, I can post a link to a 1000 question IQ test and then we can paste the results back here, perhaps then you will see why choosing school would have worked better for you then choosing weed.

P.S.S.

Btw, the server is aptly named TESTING. I have and will continue to send bug reports I find as I "abuse" what I am paying for. If you want a polished gaming experience wait till launch and go away kiddies, you are not helping the game progress at all. Anything you are crying about now will all be resolved when Bohemia decides it is launch time.

Paying to rent a game server does not mean you own it, Since The Dev team has not released private files you can host on your own machine. This means you are actually only renting the right to use their software and this means you must follow their rules. Naming your server TESTING does no mean you can kick people. Infact paying for the privilege to rent the server does not give anyone the right to kick players form their server its strictly prohibited and you can can be blacklisted form having a server.

• Like 1

Are people forgetting that once the act of giving mom's credit card number (any intelligent adult reads the terms and conditions of contract before entering into said contract) they are bound by the contract. The contract being those terms and conditions. I do not 'forget' that kid-admins are 'paying' themselves for the 'privilege' of renting a server. Don't confuse you playing an alpha game, and the 'testing' that is being done by the dev's. In the scheme of things, we as players are NOT doing the testing that is alpher testing.  We are just facilitating said tests. It used to require a modicum of critical thinking to get past grade 6. I seems that's not the case anymore. My heart bleeds for this and future generations.

So if you buy ownership to a strip club, you can do whatever you want to the strippers inside? Because that is basically your argument. And it is fairly obvious people only do it to hop. I saw someone on one of those types of servers. And hour later, on a different server, he shot me with a mosin. He had full gear on him. Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

I ran three private hives from a dedicated server that I owned. The loading times were incredibly fast (even before they were improved), the servers ran without desync & lagg.

They were some of the cleanest, hacker free servers in the UK at the time because I had full control over everything, hackers didn't stand much of a chance (Occasional exceptions).

Players that played fair and legitimately had some of the best DayZ experiences they've ever had, thanks to private hives and their admins.

You're arguing that admins should have the right to do whatever they want in order to keep "control" of the server. Also, without these servers, the amount of people with unfairly gained loot would drop like a rock into Jello, and the server count would drop by 7. Big deal, right?

Just think of it this way: What if you go to a casino, and there is a long line. Another casino that is the SAME SIZE is reserved entirely for 5 friends. The slot machines have extra winning money in them. It's basically the same function as pay to win. I've even been onto one of the servers that are "Join and kick". They told me they were in a "loot hunting session" and didn't want anyone killing them. It's cheap as hell, and there really is no justification. Also, refer to BelMarduk.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

Rant on,

Regards,

P.S.

P.S.S.

Why, that isn't very nice. You realize you contradicted your entire argument, correct? You rent a server so you can enjoy the benefits of hosting, yes. UNDER A RULE LIST. You can't just buy a pet store, and decide to kill all of the pets inside of it because you don't like them. Same goes for servers. Kicking people at random is considered the same as passwording a server so you and 2 others can go to loot everything you need to live. It's cheap, unfair, and a pay-to-win mechanic. You might try to argue that you are only using the server to "have more control over the game", but what kind of control do you mean? Kicking hackers, or letting your friends gear up to the brim, away from any hostiles?

BTW, I do believe insulting other forum members by implying they smoke weed, are stupid, and rely on food stamps are against the rules of these forums. Even if you're a mod. (+1 to argument #fuckyea)

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus
  • Like 2

Oh but it is Admin abuse... Instead of not being able to lock their servers per the rules, they're using the kick function as a unintended lock. I would say most are using this to gear and then server hop which could be construed as an exploit. Bad Admins no matter how you slice it.

I couldn't agree more.