DeceasedPath

Mosin with Long Range Scope

With the long range scope attached to my Mosin it is so inaccurate it is unusable. I missed several shots at 150 to 300 meters away. Not just on moving targets, but still targets as well. I took two shots at someone's chest. The first shot shot high right, the second was high left. The scope is in Pristine condition. Is this just a bug or is there something I'm missing?

• Like 3

Did you adjust your zeroing on the rifle i.e. page up, page down to get it set for your shots?

i have the same experience with the mosin and i adjusted my zeroing.

you can try it by yourself. if you shoot 40 times on the same thing you will hit 40 different pixel. its more luck to hit with that than skill because of this randomness.

Just adjusted it, doesn't explain the side to side movement of the bullet(tested on a pole). These are supposed to be accurate rifles, not have the behaviors of a pistol. Hopefully they fix it at some point.

Just adjusted it, doesn't explain the side to side movement of the bullet(tested on a pole). These are supposed to be accurate rifles, not have the behaviors of a pistol. Hopefully they fix it at some point.

Wind? and try a bipod

I noticed same acutally.. It's suprising unaccurate when shooting +200 meters..

I'm curious what is the quality of optics you guys are using? Mine are badly damaged, and I don't notice a difference in the viewport, but I have a feeling it affects accuracy.

I am hitting dead on at 300 yards with a bipod and proper zeroing. Once I hit 500 yards, it becomes very difficult and VERY random where the shots land. Typically a 7.62 round should be accurate up to 800 yards with proper optics.

• Like 1

I'm curious what is the quality of optics you guys are using? Mine are badly damaged, and I don't notice a difference in the viewport, but I have a feeling it affects accuracy.

I am hitting dead on at 300 yards with a bipod and proper zeroing. Once I hit 500 yards, it becomes very difficult and VERY random where the shots land. Typically a 7.62 round should be accurate up to 800 yards with proper optics.

mine is pristine, still random where the shots lands

Edited by chris90

never missed with a mosin so far, i find it the most accurate weapon, especialy with the sniper scope. When i shoot, I take everything in consideration, distance, bullet drop, movement and wind. Not sure if the wind actually affects the bullet, but if I shoot on ranges of 500+ I feel like it's affecting my shot so I counter it

• Like 1

never missed with a mosin so far, i find it the most accurate weapon, especialy with the sniper scope. When i shoot, I take everything in consideration, distance, bullet drop, movement and wind. Not sure if the wind actually affects the bullet, but if I shoot on ranges of 500+ I feel like it's affecting my shot so I counter it

I would agree but I can shoot the same spot five times in a row - and it's completely random where it lands. If it was wind, then it should be consistent, and not completely random.

I would agree but I can shoot the same spot five times in a row - and it's completely random where it lands. If it was wind, then it should be consistent, and not completely random.

Cross post but whatever:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158038-mosin-and-m4-accuracy-test/

Probably relevant.

I have to wonder how you guys are sighting your shots with a scoped mosin at that range? Or have they fixed the bolt animation after each shot that caused your sights to look at the ground missing the chance to see where your shots land?

I have to wonder how you guys are sighting your shots with a scoped mosin at that range? Or have they fixed the bolt animation after each shot that caused your sights to look at the ground missing the chance to see where your shots land?

They have fixed this I believe, the way I've found is to test using a pole or something distinct. Also, Wind would always affect the shot in the same way, not in a scattered pattern.

Odd, I'll log in and see if I can find one to do some testing with.

Thanks for the help, please let us know what you find.

This is what I have recorded.. I actually have more recorded at around 700 meters, but too lazy to edit/upload. I'll let someone else do it during their holidays, but I would like to see someone have a test at a static object. 

The thing is, I'm ok with the gun swaying, etc, but the crosshairs need to match the sway, which currently, they don't.

• Like 4

Odd, i have a badly damaged Long Range scope and a pristine bipod on my Mosin and tried out the accuracy by firing at various buildings from the north eastern Hill at NEAF.

I was prone, bipod deployed, rested and well fed and held my breath, and at 600 meters all my shots hit dead on, there was no sway to the left or right at all.

Odd, i have a badly damaged Long Range scope and a pristine bipod on my Mosin and tried out the accuracy by firing at various buildings from the north eastern Hill at NEAF.

I was prone, bipod deployed, rested and well fed and held my breath, and at 600 meters all my shots hit dead on, there was no sway to the left or right at all.

same experience

ive just recently picked up a long range scope and havent tested it out, but with irons and the bipod i was hitting anything i was intending to shoot

now the M4 on the other hand, ive had it completely miss it's mark at 50-100m with a red dot, but dead on at 200m with iron sights

i never missed a shot with the mosin... there is no problem with mine i don't get all the ppl whining about the accuracy of guns...

I think it has a lot to do with your characters health status, as well as much of these other things. I've noticed my M4 is deadly precise 400+ meters out if I deploy the bipod and have a "healthy" status. Also, when I replaced my red dot sight with an ACOG, my accuracy skyrocketed.