DeceasedPath

Mosin with Long Range Scope

i never missed a shot with the mosin... there is no problem with mine i don't get all the ppl whining about the accuracy of guns...

please make a video where u shoot 10 times on the same spot. distance 200-300

• Like 3

i never missed a shot with the mosin... there is no problem with mine i don't get all the ppl whining about the accuracy of guns...

Yea give us proof of this lol.

I think it has a lot to do with your characters health status, as well as much of these other things. I've noticed my M4 is deadly precise 400+ meters out if I deploy the bipod and have a "healthy" status. Also, when I replaced my red dot sight with an ACOG, my accuracy skyrocketed.

I also think that how healthy (how hungry and thirsty) is your character has the most impact on how accurate you shoot.

Yes both guns need their variables adjusted. I keep seeing these posts and have tested both guns are very inaccurate. People keep saying you have to zero it but they obviously do not understand how it works, zeroing will not impact your side to side at all. Next it is not wind, if it was wind they would hit one side consistently , the shots hit left right up down and occasionally in the spot.

I also hear people talk about condition of weapons and attachments. You currently can not see a weapons state so that is up in the air right now. For attachments I have used the mosin with pristine bipod and pristine long range scope, shots are still all over. And for the health part yes I'm well fed yes my thirst is full and yes I have the icon in inventory showing healthy. It is simply that the variables are too high and I'm sure the devs will fix eventually.

For those that claim they can hit the same spot at 500m 10 times in a row please upload your video to show us. This is not a debate in what the shooter is doing wrong ( well maybe in some cases it is) but you guys claiming it is accurate really need to test it. When the devs talk about it and show the variables you will see that infact all these posters are not dumb fucks but are stating the truth. And yes I made sure I deployed the bipod. Sorry for shit quality I'm doing this on my phone.

With the long range scope attached to my Mosin it is so inaccurate it is unusable. I missed several shots at 150 to 300 meters away. Not just on moving targets, but still targets as well. I took two shots at someone's chest. The first shot shot high right, the second was high left. The scope is in Pristine condition. Is this just a bug or is there something I'm missing?

you probably misjudged your distance

So distance would make him miss 1 shot to the right and miss 1 shit to the left? Yep that makes sense. Player: " My shot hit 2m to the left" Douche: " did you zero it right? You must of misjudged the distance"

No, once again DISTANCE WILL NOT CHANGE LEFT TO RIGHT SHOT MISSES ONLY UP AND DOWN

Please before you post trying to disprove these people do some god damned testing.

• Like 2

With the long range scope attached to my Mosin it is so inaccurate it is unusable. I missed several shots at 150 to 300 meters away. Not just on moving targets, but still targets as well. I took two shots at someone's chest. The first shot shot high right, the second was high left. The scope is in Pristine condition. Is this just a bug or is there something I'm missing?

this is absolutely not true.

i was peggin zombies from Zub castle to the next town over with 800 meter ranging and hitting dead center on the reticle.

that gun is fucking amazing at distance when ranged properly.

try shooting a closer building and range appropriatley less, then increase your distance and range.

i have heard a lot of complaints on the mosin...not sure about them though.

this guy had some issues as well, but i didnt have any left/right issues at 500+. Maybe there is windage? but we dont have the trees moving yet to find the direction?

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 2

Deebz can we see a video of you shooting 10 shots over 500m all hitting the same point? If people really are doing this then the issue is weapon damage and with that not visible it's hard to see if that's the issue if so I'm fine with that. Bottom line is multiple people have tested and posted showing how inaccurate they are and yet no one has posted showing them hit an object consistently.

And no your cut up video does not count. 10 shots at a solid object to see where all bullets land unedited

How many scopes are there for the Mosin? I've heard two or three. I've only found a PU scope in a residential area, do the other scopes spawn in residential or military only?

This is what I have recorded.. I actually have more recorded at around 700 meters, but too lazy to edit/upload. I'll let someone else do it during their holidays, but I would like to see someone have a test at a static object. 

The thing is, I'm ok with the gun swaying, etc, but the crosshairs need to match the sway, which currently, they don't.

Yeah, that is an excessively large grouping.

As far as im aware there are only TWO scopes that fit the Mosin, The PU Scope and the Long Range Scope.

I start to think that there may be hidden weapon quality and some people have weapons in good/pristine shapes and some have damaged/ruined (but it do now shows, yet).

• Like 1

Frosti that is what I'm trying to figure out if it's the weapon damage or an accuracy variable that needs adjusting. I have seen many videos showin the inaccuracy but yet to see an unedited video shooting at a stationary object 5-10 times. Until someone can post them shooting accurate like that with video I will assume it's the variable. If someone can upload a video then it's most likely the weapons condition that we can not currently see. Instead of the video the people who claim it's accurate just post shit like " do you even prone?" And "did you zero it". So we are at a standstill until we get that video or the devs comment on it.

As far as im aware there are only TWO scopes that fit the Mosin, The PU Scope and the Long Range Scope.

I've heard there was a separate 'hunting scope', or is the same as the 'long-range scope'?

As far as im aware its just the two but i might be wrong and just haven't come across this Hunting Scope.

There is a separate hunting scope. It's not configured at the moment. I believe it's a Zeiss Terra 4-12x.

JooYENN.jpg?1

Wind Effects guys

They wanted to making sniping a bit harder so people couldn't elektro snipe

Like i said, I've tested it with 400 and 600 meters, around 20 rounds, and all of them were dead-on when prone.

I used a pristine bipod and badly damaged long range scope, healthy, well fed and holding my breath on each shot.

If people are getting different results with the same setup there must be a hidden weapon condition.

• Like 1

Is it in-game tho Gews?

No

Vile that's what I'm trying to figure out if it's hidden weapon damage or something else. Can you post a video showing its accuracy as you claim. If it's true then it's weapon condition and players can adjust, if not then we will just have to wait until the devs tweak it. Thanks

I dont have a computer that can run DayZ atm until i get home this weekend (not to mention fraps), but im sure somebody else can make one.

If not ill record one on saturday.

Wind Effects guys

They wanted to making sniping a bit harder so people couldn't elektro snipe

You obviously didn't read the entire thread. Wind does not affect bullets by that much. Also, wind doesn't change directions between every shot nor does it blow up or down. It is an accuracy problem. Not wind.