cataclyststa

Can't find "Mosin"?

Hey guys! Quick question here, just wondering if someone could help me out or direct me to a similar thread.

I have been playing DayZ a lot recently and haven't had any luck finding the "Mosin" I have looked in a lot of rural buildings, not so much urban and I'm just wondering where the best spot to find the "Mosin" has been for you guys?

Me either. I own a '42 Tula 91/30 so since I saw that there were going to be Mosins, I've been on the hunt since.

Join a server that just restarted, for some god awful reason they think this loot system where things spawn once is a good idea.

Join a server that just restarted, for some god awful reason they think this loot system where things spawn once is a good idea.

Or maybe this is an alpha and the current system is for performance reasons?

I actually like it.

• Like 2

You're doing it wrong. Those barns are a waste of your time currently if you ask me. Everytime I seek one in Zelenogorsk I find one. Look in cars, especially the front and back seats.

Look in buildings.

I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with certain buildings that often go untouched and check them. I once found 20 rounds of ammo all neatly packaged to go with my Mosin.

Houses seem to be far more likely to have them than barns for some reason.

As for scopes, I can't help with the long range scope, but the PU scope, if interested, I often find in garages, of which there are a few in Zelenogorsk.

EDIT: Don't fucking server hop for a Mosin either. The loot is fine and it's so mind numbingly stupid to resort to that instead of actually exploring. I can't wait for them to fix server hopping for good so people actually check the inconvenient spots.

Edited by Diggydug
  • Like 1

Or maybe this is an alpha and the current system is for performance reasons?

I actually like it.

if having things spawn every hour or two would impact performance so much then this game is a huge pile of garbage.

if having things spawn every hour or two would impact performance so much then this game is a huge pile of garbage.

Did you even play the mod? People server hopped when loot cycling was easy and common. The loot spawns have nothing to do with it.

in schools? oh thats safe..

everyone calls that building the school... i'm pretty sure it's an office building. So you could say "the office"... anyone know for sure? I've wondered this. 

• Like 1

The ship wreck at rify has always 1-2 mosins for me, been there about 4-5 times.

Found one in a slightly larger than usual residential building in Kozlavko, in my experience they tend to spawn around those areas a lot

Loot respawn not being in is not exactly for performance reasons, it's just not implemented yet, as are a LOT of things, however, performance is always a concern, this is an alpha, it's not fully optimized yet, and loot respawning is not a simple task like some people think it is, it's not:

Has been looted?

Yes -> Respawn in 15 minutes

No -> Sleep

There is way more complexity involved, and there needs to be.

Remember, this is SERVER performance, NOT CLIENT performance, servers had to be pretty beastly to handle the arma2 mod, and most of the mod was done client side(loot respawns, zombies etc), the server was mostly just an in-between for the information, however in SA, pretty much everything is handled by the server, loot, zombies etc, so it puts a hell of a lot more strain on the server then the mod did, this is why they optimize.