Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Bogan

Little to no updates for dayz for the next 2 weeks!!!!

Hi all just read the news >> http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

"The second week will be much calmer. Most of the team members are going to take a well-deserved vacation week with their families,

so please be patient with us for the much slower pace in the coming two weeks."

As much as I'm itching for new patches to address the hacking, Combat logging, and the 100 other bugs and issues that are annoying.

Looks like we will have to wait for a another 2 weeks due to holidays..

I know it sucks but my view on it all is that the Dev's/Mods of dayz are people (Like you and me) and have been working around the clock for most of this year Steaming footage and reworking a game from scratch... (It's not an Easy thing)

Some people may beg to differ although i believe in any industry if you make someone work flat out with out any proper rest it leads to "Burn Out" which in turn makes the individual snap after

constant pressure, resulting in broken workers.

On behalf of the dayz community and myself, would like to extent our thanks for all your hard work over the past year and years to come :D :D :D

You all have deserved this break so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Merry Christmas From the Dayz Communtiy

UjzAy0O.gif

• Like 6

WHAT!? NO!? Why you holiday, why no patch game! money back!

Misleading title is misleading.

what are you talking about?

WHAT!? NO!? Why you holiday, why no patch game! money back!

yoloswag360noscoperagequit!  :P

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 2

Um? No..

It is. It sounded like you were going to complain about not getting updates for 2 weeks. (with all those exclamation marks)

Instead of that, you could use a title like "Merry Xmas to all Devs and thank you for your hard work" or something.

After reading the title I thought for sure this was going to a be a thread saying how the devs are horrible people for taking a Christmas vacation.

It is. It sounded like you were going to complain about not getting updates for 2 weeks. (with all those exclamation marks)

Instead of that, you could use a title like "Merry Xmas to all Devs and thank you for your hard work" or something.

Very true, i see what you mean.

Although i preferred to address it issue in a different way than what you excepted hence why you may assume it's off topic...

!!! << Means I'm emphasizing the fact that what i say is true.... I prefer this title for it's addressing the exactly what in talking about...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they're planning on daily updates like ARMA 3 is doing or will be more like the mod where updates come out at random every few weeks?

After reading the title I thought for sure this was going to a be a thread saying how the devs are horrible people for taking a Christmas vacation.

I bet your not the only one ;) 

I do want them to enjoy the holiday they do deserve it but i thought dean said something on twitter about trying to push 2 more updates before the first?

they are like elves, work all year to make christmas great, then get to rest during christmas lol

although il miss having some updates to the mod....cant believe i just wrote mod....i mean game!!! I think rocket and the rest of the guys deserve a break before coming back to the constant demands of making dayz better

That's what you interpret into it. Not everybody is like that. And for most people the title contains the most important information

Does anyone know if they're planning on daily updates like ARMA 3 is doing or will be more like the mod where updates come out at random every few weeks?

A3 is doing daily updates? What? Fill me in mate :)

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

No breaks until the game is finished!! WE NEED CARS! WE NEED HELIS! WE NEED AS50!!!!!!!

Game is so broken omg!#@!

_________

I'm fine with this.

• Like 1

I though the same, lol

And they really deserve a break. I just hope they get sever hoping, and most importantly, the Magnum spawning fixed relatively soon

What a load of shit, they produced a awful game after near a year of work using a recycled engine, and now they are taking a break? WTF is Dean going to go climb a mountain and take another month break again? Way to fuck us over again.

Yes, ARMA 3 does daily updates on the development branch. Then they agregate them for stable branch.

What a load of shit, they produced a awful game after near a year of work using a recycled engine, and now they are taking a break? WTF is Dean going to go climb a mountain and take another month break again? Way to fuck us over again.

I knew it was only a matter of time before some posted a difference in opinion ;)

And so it should be.

Fuck yeah. Mountain climbing sluts.

• Like 2