Sign in to follow this  
Safire (DayZ)

Ate antibiotics - have orange sick indicator.

What should i do ? I dont want to diee !

You could look for some charcoal tablets....or maybe inducing vomiting might help (eating loadsa food)

let us know how it goes...been tryin to get sick for ages now to test the tablets/vomiting thang

You could look for some charcoal tablets....or maybe inducing vomiting might help (eating loadsa food)

let us know how it goes...been tryin to get sick for ages now to test the tablets/vomiting thangsorr

sorry double post/ browser madness

Edited by funkyfrogjuice

Charcoal tabs help you immediatelly after you take the chemical, a when the indicator is already orange that means you already absorbed the substance. Drink a lot of water, food and hope for the best.

Now if you were already sick and took antibiotics, they take a while to kick in.

Edited by LouisK
  • Like 1

What should i do ? I dont want to diee !

Make sure you got enough time before restart, drop your stuff in a safe spot. Not too far but not too close to a spawn zone either. Hug a zombie then get back to claim your stuff. Profit. Just make it in time before restart, your loot does not despawn as of now. Restart or thief might spoil this trick though.

Edited by Jimmy Rustlers
  • Like 1

I believe the sickness indicator is bugged atm. You should get a pop up saying 'My wounds look cleaner' if the antibiotics are working.

Tested charcoal -  didnt worked, used 5times.

Tested Vitamins -  didnt worked, used 5 times

Consume Injection Vial -  didnt worked, used 3 times

BUT - Used Desifectand spray on my clothes (i got message that my wounds are clear) - my sicknes is gone, it was maybe from zombie wounds, weird is that i got sickness right after eating antibiotic, it wasnt random,i dont know how i could get sickness from my clothes, im using bandages, not rags, so they should sterile my wounds. Also, Im not eating rotten food, its not from that.

If you want to be sick and test that, try to eat antibiotics, seems to be bugged.

+ I dont think vomiting will help cure sickness, Was trying to drink as much as possilbe earlier, i vomited, and got sickness.

Edited by Safire

Tested charcoal -  didnt worked, used 5times.

Tested Vitamins -  didnt worked, used 5 times

Consume Injection Vial -  didnt worked, used 3 times

BUT - Used Desifectand spray on my clothes (i got message that my wounds are clear) - my sicknes is gone, it was maybe from zombie wounds, weird is that i got sickness right after eating antibiotic, it wasnt random,i dont know how i could get sickness from my clothes, im using bandages, not rags, so they should sterile my wounds. Also, Im not eating rotten food, its not from that.

If you want to be sick and test that, try to eat antibiotics, seems to be bugged.

+ I dont think vomiting will help cure sickness, Was trying to drink as much as possilbe earlier, i vomited, and got sickness.

Maybe the sickness wore off just when you used the spray. Who knows

Yes but whats the source of sickness ? Looks like antibiotics, but cured with disinfectant spray ? Its weird.

I was sick based on getting hit from a zombie. My character would make pain noises every so often so I tried taking pain pills. Didnt help.

Took antibiotics and I got the message "My wounds are looking cleaner." This would pop up every few minutes for about a half hour unitl I got the "My wounds are all clean" and the "Sick" indicator went away.

Also even if you bandage with actual bandages, the bandages are clean, but the wounds may not be, you can find alcohol to pour on them to clean them up...although I'm not sure if you have to clean them before bandaging or not

Eating antibiotics, cleaning wounds with alcohol etc, will cause sickness status to pop up, despite your character not actualy being sick.

It doesn´t however give any adverse effects, and will go away with time. During the time you have the "sickness", you will get text saying "your wounds look cleaner" etc. untill you get the text stating that "your wounds are clean" and the sickness goes away.

Characters moaning despite taking pills is a bug i believe. I had it twice and both times changing server after consuming painkillers seemed to help. Also taking morphine removes it instantly without need to change server.

-Disinfectant spray seemingly curing the thing is propably just coincidence, the sickness ended by itself about the time you did the disinfectant i think.

Edited by Frostbyte_

I have had this happen too.  I was moaning and groaning like a baby because of some wounds I did not use alcohol to clean - when I took painkillers nothing happened so I tried the antibiotics as well, once I ate the antibiotics I got sick.  So this system seems to be buggy and not working properly.

I've gotten sick once, I immediately chugged all my water, hoofed it to a well, and chugged till I was full. I also scarfed every bit of pristine tuna I had been saving. Got the message that my stomachs felt over fed. I then huddled in a building in a corner to avoid any possible unseen attack, and mashed the f3 button soon as possible to sit.

I also monitored my stomach, drinking every minute to stay full. Took a couple mins, but the sick symbol went away, and I was back off on my way north.

Zero idea if this is a confirmed solution lol. I'd say scarf some vitamins if you have them to. Rub a rabbits foot, finding religion may help also.

Ive noticed this as well. Ill start coughing and get sick. I take Anti-Biotics, Vitamins, Charcoal tabs, etc and I get sick instantly.