need matches

blood regen with current notifications

I understand how the "temporary" meters work. Like, thirst can take care of hunger, just like IRL. Yellow, brown, red, etc.

But, with the removal of the "My thirst is quenched" etc. Will I still get a message when I am full? So that I know that I'm getting some blood regeneration?

I have tons of food and have kept my thirst and hunger from being mentioned at all for a long while.

I'd hate to binge eat and find that I did it for nothing.

Anyone have some info to share?  :)

I think you'll still get a "my stomach is full" message but it takes for ever to get there. Information about this is controversial atm, some say it works, some say it doesn't

1) go to a well, drink until nausea (could take 50+ drinks)

2) wait ~2min

3) eat until you see "regeneration" in your inventory

4) ???

5) profit!

When I was regenerating, it said "healing" as a status. Then when I was done, it said "healthy". Basically, if you only eat/drink to the point that the messages stop, you're not going to regenerate. You have to go farther. However, you will get a message that your stomach is full. If you heed that warning, you won't vomit.

2) wait ~2min

4) ???

5) profit!

I never saw "regeneration" in my inv. Do you have a screenshot?

From what I understand, "stomach fullness" is a different thing than food/drink value, so even if you fill your stomach with water, you might still be hungry if your food value is low.

• Like 1

Great! I didnt know bout that regenerating and healing message as status. So know i dont have to wonder bout why my char isnt regenerating anymore. Last time i had plenty food but ran all across the map to find some saline. :D

From what I understand, "stomach fullness" is a different thing than food/drink value, so even if you fill your stomach with water, you might still be hungry if your food value is low.

That is correct. Your stomach can only hold so much content. If you fill it only with water, you will still be hungry and vice versa. I believe if you do roughly equal parts food/water, you should get both levels high enough without filling your stomach so much that you hurl.

Huh? Is this new? I don't remember seeing that. I have the hunger, thirst and sickness icons in the UI, but never seen 'regeneration'. Does this appear as well? I may be being thick here lol!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=207168566

Running 0.30.113918

Cheers :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ah! Never knew that existed! Thanks guys!

Edited by NickH85

maybe it came with build 113899 - for me it works fine.

healing.png

2) wait ~2min

4) ???

5) profit!

Did that but did not profit. Never got the regen status (and yes, i tried it after the patch)

Did that but did not profit. Never got the regen status (and yes, i tried it after the patch)

Don't fill your stomach with only water, since you need water and food to be both high to regen.

Try drink 10 times then eat 10 times, rinse and repeat until you see the message of getting full. That's what I'm going to try at least.

Edited by realm13

Don't fill your stomach with only water, since you need water and food to be both high to regen.

Try drink 10 times then eat 10 times, rinse and repeat until you see the message of getting full. That's what I'm going to try at least.

I did just the opposite, spammed drink on the well and then ate a full bag of rice :/

Thanks for the suggestion, ill try that tonight. I know for a fact the bastard is going to be hungry again after 10 minutes so no harm done :)

I did just the opposite, spammed drink on the well and then ate a full bag of rice :/

Thanks for the suggestion, ill try that tonight. I know for a fact the bastard is going to be hungry again after 10 minutes so no harm done :)

if you eat enough to regenerate you will have at least 20min w/o further ongoing notifications.

those texts appeat at <600 energy...

It worked for me, I ate several cans and then started drinking from a well, it might have been 40 times until it said my stomach was full. Then the healing message appeared in the inventory and after a while that changed into healthy. 

edit: that was not with a newly spawned character and before that I had my wounds cleaned and got the message they were healed. 

Edited by Ambetanterix

I once lost most of my blood, and ate/drank an insane amount until it started saying I was full. I never got that 'healthy' or 'regen' status but my screen started to fill with colour, so I was regening yet I never got the status. Bug?

I once lost most of my blood, and ate/drank an insane amount until it started saying I was full. I never got that 'healthy' or 'regen' status but my screen started to fill with colour, so I was regening yet I never got the status. Bug?

the message "i am full" is an indicator that your stomach is full.

your energy and hydration is on a different page (though related, of course).

I got a message saying, "im feeling over-fed" yet still no regeneration effects seen :/

I got a message saying, "im feeling over-fed" yet still no regeneration effects seen :/

"im feeling over-fed" is describing your stomach. your stomach slowly converts the food you have eaten into energy and water. if you put too much in it (aka eating too much at once) you will throw up.

seriously, its not that hard to understand.

i noticed the same thing, then i went afk for a little while longer, came back and then noticed the message saying 'healing'

from what i've seen so far, aside from drinking and eating an insane amount, you must rest as well for the regenerating to take effect. so once you've ate/drank your fill, sit down for about 15 or 20 minutes

i noticed the same thing, then i went afk for a little while longer, came back and then noticed the message saying 'healing'

from what i've seen so far, aside from drinking and eating an insane amount, you must rest as well for the regenerating to take effect. so once you've ate/drank your fill, sit down for about 15 or 20 minutes

Oh, never thought of that. Thanks.

will try eating slowly and drinking slowly and rest more :) i have regen once tho but it was in deep shit ,just spammed some rice in the deepes,and when we where pinned down about 10 min i start to see coulers:)