sai (DayZ)

Force mic chat: skype etc.. thru dayz?

So did the 360, but most people just used private chat. And then party chat was added which was better

I had a 360. I really liked things better before Party Chat

Although this is a realistic feature, it would be really annoying. I do not want every sound in my room (including music when I sometimes listen to it while playing) being broadcast to any person near me, that I might not even know about. Also, when I am in Skype and other people have all sorts of noises in the background (including over sensitive mic picking up keyboard/clicking/their game sound/shuffling in chair) it drives me insane. I do not want every person around me (and there can be quite a few if I play in a squad) to be broadcasting to me every sound they hear. I don't want to be looting a town and hear things I don't want to know about or hear lie someone going to take a shit or their dog taking a piss on him.

Plus, I do not only speak about the game on Skype. All the time playing, running around a field I might talk to people I am in a call with about anything. I do not want any random near me hearing confidential or personal info. 

No Support

It can be made so the chat broadcast in dayz is not over sensitive. 

Do you give out your credit card info? 

I agree 3rd party communicate is exploit and game is improve if we stop :thumbsup:  :)

but stop this is impossible  :(

what if guys using 2nd pc or laptop or phone for use Skype etc

or guys who playing in same room :|

is something we nee to accept and don't waste time try to fix put time on more important thing for SA develop ;)

• Like 1

I had a 360. I really liked things better before Party Chat

It was okish, sometimes lobbies were funny but 90% of the time 12 year old british kids were screaming and calling everyone faggots or someone was playing music

One way to force in game  talk is to remove the push to talk options in the game and have the microphone auto detect voice chat.

So if you choose to talk in skype or mumble or teamspeak you also do it in game.

Apparently you don't understand that the technically minded among us can mute sounds in from going to certain programs and the non-technically minded can simply run Skype on a second computer or phone and bypass said security. 

Still wouldn't use it

Just face it, DayZ will always be a game and never be real life. Not everyone wants to play the game religiously like you

You are making assumptions about me that you know nothing about. Whats so private that you don't want random people hearing it? You planing a terrorist attack? 

Apparently you don't understand that the technically minded among us can mute sounds in from going to certain programs and the non-technically minded can simply run Skype on a second computer or phone and bypass said security. 

And like I said we could all also cheat in the game with effort if we want an advantage. But this is not everyone. Thats not a good argument. 

Edited by sai

There is a difference between a game getting his source from non related software that runs on the computer and Microsoft/Sony

huh? the source is the mic

It was okish, sometimes lobbies were funny but 90% of the time 12 year old british kids were screaming and calling everyone faggots or someone was playing music

fortunately I'm on the other side of the pond where our 12 y/o's only have sex with my mother ;)

Yea but most people wouldnt know this.

Best solution is Acre being adopted for all chat clients a plugin that works within dayz like acre for arma.

It was just British kids was it?.. You know you could mute them..

And like I said we could all also cheat in the game with effort if we want an advantage. But this is not everyone. Thats not a good argument. 

The people playing with close friends in skype chat are a minority, most are lone wolves. DayZ is built for people with no friends IMO

Until tutorials are created and posted everywhere

Edited by Frell

It was just British kids was it?.. You know you could mute them..

Ok then, i'd join a DayZ server and click "mute all" and then just uncheck my friend only so no one can hear us and I can't hear anyone else.

Actually that makes it worse than it already is

Best solution is Acre being adopted for all chat clients a plugin that works within dayz like acre for arma.

Um... Internet... it would take all of a day before people knew how to bypass it. 

Look, this "feature" has been suggested... what 8 times now? No one can find a good solution that can't be exploited because they can't control anything third party and software needs to be pretty special to override OS things in a manner that the user of the computer can't disable. All it will do is lag the game and cause honest people to have a disadvantage because it is UNENFORCABLE. 

huh? the source is the mic

Ah my bad I was mixing 2 threads up, one was talking about adding a version connecting TS or any other voice comm to Dayz like in some ArmaII versions. 

Lets face it, as much as I would like to swish a magic wand and say every one has to comply to my rulez cuz I said so.

And have in game chat.

rocket is a smart guy and he values people privacy so forcing open chat is not an option. It also has many loop holes that could circumvent it. so No to that.

There is also no other way to really force this behavior.

It may be possibly however to encourage this behavior. If we focus on finding a genuinely good mechanic that could encourage in game chat by making it possibly beneficial, people would prefer to use it. This would not be full prof and there will always be people that use alternate methods for communication but we don't need to persuade everyone, just the majority.

I will start us of by suggesting that if we all start with a radio or even a mobile phone, just like how we start with a torch. People would be able to use these items to find their friends rather than reverting to external communication. This may reduce the number of players using  external coms as they previous needed them but now have an in game solution.

More ideas are needed so keep them coming.

Edited by IcyBlade
  • Like 2

Imagine if zombies could hear you to, and if you're loud they will come to you. will have to whisper. 

Imagine if zombies could hear you to, and if you're loud they will come to you. will have to whisper. 

So zombies come after me because my dogs are barking at my front door because they see the mailman?

So zombies come after me because my dogs are barking at my front door because they see the mailman?

So even more incentive to cheat the system? Since it would be fairly easy to do.... 

God you're such a downder. Yes, it's an experience. Haha remember that time when my dog got all the zombies after me :P

You need to cheer up. Not constructive at all.

So even more incentive to cheat the system? Since it would be fairly easy to do.... 

You can say this about any type of cheating....

Even if they did force this on at all times people would just block the game from accessing the mic.

Then you would have the people that just set it to play music all day long. 

I would just keybind a button to turn it off and on for the game all the while still talking on ts to my buddies. 

By just simply forcing direct chat at all times would eliminate most of the advantage. Eventually you get so frustrated for hearing your friends twice you just stop usin any third party software. But what if i just mute everyone and disable my mic as default device and use mumble instead of skype so i can choose what input device i use? Answer: you dont if you are smart. Once they disable chat and only enable voip you cant hear anyone or no one can hear you ingame that leaves you very vulnerable for friendly calls as you cant hear them or wont be able to answer them or both. Youre gonna get killed many many times.

• Like 1

Even if they did force this on at all times people would just block the game from accessing the mic.

Then you would have the people that just set it to play music all day long. 

I would just keybind a button to turn it off and on for the game all the while still talking on ts to my buddies. 

You're right, people are to retarded and assholes for us to have nice things. 

• Like 1