mrcjevans

Will there be a reason to stay on one server?

Currently the game is just people finding a spawn, and server hopping till they get a fresh spawn, this is so silly, is there any sign that they will either keep 1 char to one server or 2 implement a reason to stay on a server ala RUST, I've been watching videos and streams the last few days and I find it worrying that the above mentioned is pretty much all I see. This is not a troll, I want this game to be great like everyone else here.

Edited by mrcjevans

Anti- DC while in combat and Anti- Server hopping measures have not been implemented yet. Atm there are more important issues to be sorted.

Also you wil only be able to have one character at a time persistent to all servers, till private hives are allowed, much later (IMO never would be good).

Also Welcome ;)

Edited by Zarniwoop

I imagine once they implement any kind of base building ... even a basic tent, that will be reason enough to stay on one server. Of course, there will still have to be separate steps taken to prevent server hoppers from easy-looting one place over and over then hoarding it on their home server.

• Like 1

IMO i think each server should have you fresh spawned if its your first time there. Now i am by no means a programmer/server expert so i don't know if this is even possible or probable.

But lets say we do it like minecraft for example. every server you go in where you left off. so if you go to a server you haven't played on then you are on the coast. i.e items/location don't carry over servers. i mean think about it it would ruin game play later on.

Have a base built up and everything but anyone that knows where it is at can just server hop and pop there in the base.

Edited by Ynneead

until a loot starts to respawn, there is little choice than to server hop. Server hopping to meta-game e.g. ghosting is evil, bad, wrong, and fuck you for doing it (vernacular you, not any 'you' personally, unless you meta-game cheat, then thats directed towards 'you').

@Ynneead, that kind of defeats the hive/persistent life concept now doesn't it?

Cars, Helos! And other things like tents or building (might be like epoch)

until a loot starts to respawn, there is little choice than to server hop. Server hopping to meta-game e.g. ghosting is evil, bad, wrong, and fuck you for doing it (vernacular you, not any 'you' personally, unless you meta-game cheat, then thats directed towards 'you').

@Ynneead, that kind of defeats the hive/persistent life concept now doesn't it?

Then if they do implement a base building type thing it would be absolutely pointless. Spend probably hours buildings a base just for some one to go, oh that's cute, log into server under yours walk about 20 feet go back to top server and inside behind everyone.

Ya i think i missed the part where you can switch dimensions at will to walk through walls/barbwire

Also played on the same server since the game come out (did switch a few times to see what one i like) and been alive for 4 days haven't died, been healthy have a decent supply of ammo and food a plenty. So i do not see your point about "there is little choice than to server hop" ya because everyone loves those server hoppers at military bases my god they realy need that 200 round box because you know players totally take 50 bullets to kill.....

Edited by Ynneead

Anti- DC while in combat and Anti- Server hopping measures have not been implemented yet. Atm there are more important issues to be sorted.

Also you wil only be able to have one character at a time persistent to all servers, till private hives are allowed, much later (IMO never would be good).

Also Welcome ;)

This sounds really promising, and thanks for the welcome guys ^_^

Theres a few approaches they could take with bases but the simplest and most likely is that they'll be on a single server.

If people DIDN'T server hop there would be plenty of guns and ammo to go around on each server, you might just have to get creative where you look for it, and you might not find anything when you get to your destination. I've already found a few more places where military loot spawns that did not exist in the mod, and I can't imagine one server needing more than that once loot respawns, and even the way it currently is. I play on a populated server (30-40 people) and have found certain military loot untouched, and some where people have been but couldn't take all the guns.