Sign in to follow this  
Paradoxfoxx

Attaching map peices

I've heard this is, or will be possible.  If it is, does anyone know how? or can someone confirm if it is or will be in the game?

Sorry if this has already been asked, couldn't find anything under map on the search.

cheers!

Hey,

you can find parts of the map that can be combined - if they match - by simply dragging one onto the other. They have to match exactly though, e.g. a map of the west and a map of the east (or north/south, probably sw/nw etc. as well, didn't try that myself. East and South for example doesn't work because they overlap). 

Don't think it's working right now. I tried with tape  but couldn't glue them together. It should work like that in the future though.

I know for a fact that it works because I did it ;) I think it was a part of west chernarus and a part of east chernarus. Just dragged em over each other and combined them. Maybe they mustn't be damaged or something? 

It works.

However, you need either S and N pieces, or E and W.

Smaller pieces need two common things, for example SW and NW form W, and SW and SE from south. Combining small pieces without common direction doesn´t work (for example, SE and NW doesn´t work) and combining small piece to a half of a map doesn´t work either ( for example, E and SW doesn´t work)

Combining works simply by draggin one piece to another and selecting combine.