Sign in to follow this  
sausagekingofchicago

[SA] Water Pumps and Wells

I'd love to see water pumps/wells come in various conditions that could be repaired by organized players.  Randomly working pumps would also add an additional level of difficulty.

Acquiring the various components to repair the pump would be the first step in any type of potential base building that may come.  Similar to how vehicles were repaired in the mod, water pumps could require a number of parts or maintenance to get/keep them in functioning order.  A repaired pump could also be damaged or destroyed.  

There could also be different types of makeshift pumps with various outputs.  An electric pump and a car battery could be one of many potential crafting options.

• Like 8

Player made customizations to the map would be the crowning achievement for dayz imo.  I'm almost hoping it never happens because when it does I won't do anything other than play dayz.

• Like 1

Repairing of wells and such is a very good idea, I like it. I'm all for interaction with the land of Chernarus!

Any maps of pump locks around? Need to find one badly... Northeast coast, bigger city that has a hospital. Tons of food... No damn water.

Any maps of pump locks around? Need to find one badly... Northeast coast, bigger city that has a hospital. Tons of food... No damn water.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

edit:  it's pretty basic right now.  it's missing a lot of details but it's a WIP so it'll get better.  plus, you can register and create your own markers if you need to add anything.

Edited by fathairybeast

You'd need a pretty extreme drought to dry up wells like that.

Suppose so.

But, it could definitely be jammed I suppose.

• Like 1

Player made customizations to the map would be the crowning achievement for dayz imo.  I'm almost hoping it never happens because when it does I won't do anything other than play dayz.

Well, heh, the removal of wells from the actual map and replacing them with wells that one could actually repair wouldn't be that hard in my opinion.