Sign in to follow this  
andrestor

How come a lot of people have working M4/Mosin's?

As the title says I have no idea how people have a functional M4/mosin

I have yet to see a M4 mag or an actual Mosin, most I've seen are pistols, specifically FNX-45's, not even 357's yet.

So where are this mags/guns coming from?

• Like 1

Explore? Mosins spawn in lots of residential areas, but be aware that loot only spawns at the server reset. So if people have looted an area already it's not going to have much.

I have been to several unexplored towns (Or at least I think I have) where most doors are closed, and still.

In these towns there are tons of food and clothes but no actual guns.

• Like 1

Check cars. Everybody forgets the cars. You can find maps, food, drink, boots, and mosins/ammo in cars. Even inside cherno. Look through the ones by the apartments, I promise you'll have more luck.

Edited by Merrick362
  • Like 3

Check cars. Everybody forgets the cars. You can find maps, food, drink, boots, and mosins/ammo in cars. Even inside cherno. Look through the ones by the apartments, I promise you'll have more luck.

i can verify this, having a Mosin myself. I found them in a Car an have seen a few more lying arround in other cars.

You are complaining that you don't find ammo and guns in towns and cities?

Come on, this is Chernarus, not the USA. Only the army had weapons and a few civilists.

• Like 3

I have yet to see a M4 mag or an actual Mosin, most I've seen are pistols, specifically FNX-45's, not even 357's yet.

If you're looking for one on the coast I think that an overlooked area is Balota, not the airstrip but the makeshift military camp closer to the coast. It's a sea of lootable tents now, one that people seem to loot hastily and overlook because it's so close to a coastal PvP area. Try there.

Cars and houses have plenty of Mosins I find. Finding the ammo is the interesting part.

If you're lucky though you may find an entire box of 7.62 ammo.

As for the M4, it's at military spawns, as is the ammo. Those places are often victims to server hopping but the inconvenient ones I always find M4s at.

M4A1s are extremely common and they all work... Mosins I see around everywhere in residential, medical, industrial and military.

Only found 1 mosin since release. Though will start going thru vehicles.

Not found a weapon yet that isnt working, amazed that people have such problems (feeling lucky).

Any hints on the long range scope?

Cars and houses have plenty of Mosins I find. Finding the ammo is the interesting part.

If you're lucky though you may find an entire box of 7.62 ammo.

As for the M4, it's at military spawns, as is the ammo. Those places are often victims to server hopping but the inconvenient ones I always find M4s at.

Only ever seen one Mosin spawn.

I've seen five plus M4's and a good 2 pistols.

No magnum either.

Being forced into a holiday so hopefully things are a bit better balanced after that.

I found 2 mosin in a residential tennament building by the dock in Cherno. About 2 floors up.

i found THREE mosins + ammo in the big building that looks a lot like the hospital and in the schoolbuilding. the long wodden barns are also a spawnzone.

so there are a lot of mosins around but you guys are looking for it in the wrong places :D

and if you need a mosin scope and bipod: garages in chapaevsk (cherno)

Edited by drunkenteddybear

NEAF. Lots of M4s lying around there. Red dot sight, bayonet, flashlight attachment, 60 round double mags, etc...

i actually saw one car at cherno the other day. but i couldnt open/check it... :/

Because those weapons are too common, plus when they have been taken, some players are simply exploiting the ability to server hop and loot farm without consequence to get them.

I have been to several unexplored towns (Or at least I think I have) where most doors are closed, and still.

In these towns there are tons of food and clothes but no actual guns.

From what I've seen, Mosins spawn in barns, grocery stores have Mosin ammo packs (they're easy to confuse with a can of tuna though), and pistols and M4s (and their mags/ammo) are mostly only in military buildings.

I haven't seen any revolvers yet.

Mosins have spawned in schools, tech buildings, fire stations, cars, railway stations (enterable ones), military spawns and in the nig ship wreck north of berezino for me this far.

Long range scopes i´ve found on top of a school and in military spawns.

Mosin ammo can be just about everywhere.

Edited by Frostbyte_

Any military spawn points off the coast tend to yield at least one M4. If there's more than one you can mix and match the parts to get it as close to pristine as possible.

Scopes seem to spawn in cafe residentials (not the pubs, the new new 1 level cafes) and also in the tents at balota and the north tent complex at NWAF

Scopes seem to spawn in cafe residentials (not the pubs, the new new 1 level cafes) and also in the tents at balota and the north tent complex at NWAF

Found scope/s in car parking garages.

I am little disappointed that the M4 is so easy to come by.

I have one, found it in some garages, got ammo too. I never did find 5.56mm for the M4 I've been lugging around.

I have one, found it in some garages, got ammo too. I never did find 5.56mm for the M4 I've been lugging around.

Military areas are littered with m4 mags full of ammo. I had opportunity to go through unlooted NWAF and i had 600 odd rounds before i got interrupted bit more than halfway through.